Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 3 | Thank You [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Old Perry wrote: »
    Hmmm perhaps that's their escape route from Alexandria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Maggie looks like shes been crying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Maggie looks like shes been crying

or like the camera man farted in the middle of a really intense sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Question... Look at how Glenn falls into the hoard of zombies... how does he end up with his head up beside the bin? Surely his feet are at that end?

Bacchus wrote: »
    Question... Look at how Glenn falls into the hoard of zombies... how does he end up with his head up beside the bin? Surely his feet are at that end?

If I lived in this apocolpyse world, I'd be straight into the nearest medieval store getting myself some chain mail armour simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

If I lived in this apocolpyse world, I'd be straight into the nearest medieval store getting myself some chain mail armour simples.
    He actually did have a riot gear suit,which he gave away to Abraham. But ya some sort of home made armer would seem an intelligent move.

He actually did have a riot gear suit,which he gave away to Abraham. But ya some sort of home made armer would seem an intelligent move.

Even a few shin gaurds and an aul hurley helmet would go a long way to a sneak attack.

Surprised no one said anything about the ninja zombie that bit the trouble maker.

Also there was gunshots before the horn went off but we never heard them in episode 1 would seem like an over sight to me

Even a few shin gaurds and an aul hurley helmet would go a long way to a sneak attack.

Surprised no one said anything about the ninja zombie that bit the trouble maker.

Also there was gunshots before the horn went off but we never heard them in episode 1 would seem like an over sight to me

The lad in the tower emptied a clip at the truck before it hit the wall.

Originally I thought the wolves had placed a Walker in the truck and then maybe put a brick on the accelerator but that doesn't make much sense. It's more likely the driver was alive and either was shot or the crash killed him and then he turned.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Absolutely, even some thick leather or something. The one part of the zombie anatomy that has taken no damage in general though is their teeth. I highly doubt a human could tear flesh and bite through clothes anywhere even close to as effectively as the zombies seem to do. I'd imagine you teeth would pull out before you'd rip through jeans with them for example.

That's one of those things we have to overlook though of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Anyone know why the shows are not listed on Sky's catchup? they only have editions of the Talking Dead listed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

5starpool wrote: »
    That's one of those things we have to overlook though of course.

Much like how easy it is to puncture someones skull. I heard the argument that they have decayed but sometimes it seems to be fairly fresh corpses. Although they do seem to try and go through the chin for fresh corpses, so maybe I am imagining it and they are consistent.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CramCycle wrote: »
    Much like how easy it is to puncture someones skull. I heard the argument that they have decayed but sometimes it seems to be fairly fresh corpses. Although they do seem to try and go through the chin for fresh corpses, so maybe I am imagining it and they are consistent.

Oh I very much doubt they are consistent with any of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Seeing as they're decaying you'd think their gums would be serously decayed, and with that they'd be losing teeth, hey ho the end of the zombie apocolypse!

Good point, as obvious as it is i hadnt thought of this. I reckon he moves straight away for the bin, which is subtly hiden off camera. Also as we see glenn stretch his neck out and tilt his head back it would seem he is writhing in pain/disgust/discomfort, i think next time we see him it will become apparant that he was rather looking for the placement of the bin and making an attempt to move toward it. Really he should be zombie chowder be i can see him gettin free.

They probably aren't incredibly consistent but I do notice most head stabs go for the base of the neck, aiming up. Or under the chin, the temple or eye socket.

• Advertisement

They probably aren't incredibly consistent but I do notice most head stabs go for the base of the neck, aiming up. Or under the chin, the temple or eye socket.

Same here, they go for the ear of a recently deceased colleague etc. Not always but I suspect there is a loose attempt when it does not impact on the action.

5starpool wrote: »
    Oh I very much doubt they are consistent with any of those things.

I thought it was normally through the eye, or at the base of the back of the head ands the chin for newbie dead poeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Lookit there as a theme in that episode : bad choices of letting loosers live, come back to bite you.

Morgan let that crowd of W's live and they almost killed Rick.
    Glenn let that looser live in the forest and now he gets him killed.

Consistancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I thought this was pretty cool:

Compilation of peoples live reaction to Glen 'dying'. Very well made!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Some were absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That was quite fun to watch...

WTF is up in the last group though at the bottom with the poor kid watching this. He looks scared stiff and then just starts crying while his Mom is oblivious to him... probably thinking that she needs to get her reaction video up ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Motor bike leathers and helmet would more than do the trick, no zombie would be able to bite through it.

Just in case it actually does happen ;)

Motor bike leathers and helmet would more than do the trick, no zombie would be able to bite through it.

Just in case it actually does happen ;)

Decent mountain bike gear would be a little more flexible but just as resistant, full face helmet.

I wonder how long if they twigged you before they eventually stop trying to eat you or stop gnawing at your gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Anyone know why the shows are not listed on Sky's catchup? they only have editions of the Talking Dead listed
    Still under Fox Catch Up for me mate, its great that they have it ready to go and no need to download!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

irishfeen wrote: »
    Still under Fox Catch Up for me mate, its great that they have it ready to go and no need to download!

Yeah see that now ....but before yesterday I could only see the 'Talking dead' on the Fox channel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Yeah see that now ....but before yesterday I could only see the 'Talking dead' on the Fox channel
    Actually I think they had it labelled wrong when I was watching it - it said S01 EP3 so maybe they took it down because it was corrected when i checked today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Getting a bit fed up with some of the basic plot holes that appear in nearly every episode at this stage.
    Walkers sneaking up on people, 1 why aren't they paying attention to what's going on around them, 2 are they deaf ? Do they not hear this walker shuffling though the woods getting closer to them ?

Why do they keep falling over ? And twisting their ankles knees etc, seriously that's such a lame piece of writing .

At this stage why don't they all have long machetes , swords knives ? Why do they shot walkers when it would be as easy to knife them and save their ammo!

Some of the decision making is just stupid for supposedly seasoned survivors.

The RV not starting was lame , very lame could see it coming a mile off .

At this stage I'm just watching it to see how it all pans out, I've watched it all up to this but it's losing its appeal big time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Yeah, Glenn's definitely grand. Too weirdly filmed to be anything other that the other guy getting eaten.
    But totally, all this klutzing about, tripping etc. What a pile of crap at this stage. I'd outsurvive any one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

Shelflife wrote:
    Getting a bit fed up with some of the basic plot holes that appear in nearly every episode at this stage. Walkers sneaking up on people, 1 why aren't they paying attention to what's going on around them, 2 are they deaf ? Do they not hear this walker shuffling though the woods getting closer to them ?
    So you've never had someone sneak up on you unnoticed?
    Add trees and multiple distractions, its not all that unbelievable
    Shelflife wrote:
    Why do they keep falling over ? And twisting their ankles knees etc, seriously that's such a lame piece of writing .
    Its not lame, not really. Half them wear work type boots (no nikes in sight), so running through forests its not inconceivable that theyd injure something
    Shelflife wrote:
    At this stage why don't they all have long machetes , swords knives ? Why do they shot walkers when it would be as easy to knife them and save their ammo!
    Only the Alexandrians do that with the guns, theyre too sheltered to every use such weapons that require skill and close proximity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

mattP wrote: »

Its not lame, not really. Half them wear work type boots (no nikes in sight), so running through forests its not inconceivable that theyd injure something

Only the Alexandrians do that with the guns, theyre too sheltered to every use such weapons that require skill and close proximity

Aaaaggh will you stop, if I was just after been chased attacked by walkers the last thing I'd be doing is not paying attention to what's going on around me, and how do they sneak up ? They all shuffle and groan so how do they sneak up ?

As for wearing work boots, that's prob better than Nike when in the woods. Most of them wearing an army type boot.

Falling over when being chased is something you see in a low budget crappy film.

mattP wrote: »

Nah, sorry mate. This is fan apologetics overload. People just don't fall about the place like that. It's like something from a 50s horror show "girl falls on ground". Have you ever done any sports? How many yards did you get before you fell on your face with nobody near you?
    And no, I've never had someone sneak up on me when I was in a gang of people who were actively looking for people sneaking up on them. Just doesn't happen.
    Jumped the shark this season with all this rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The only people who got snuck up on were the Alexandrians who aren't used to being outside the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aenaes wrote: »
    The only people who got snuck up on were the Alexandrians who aren't used to being outside the walls.

The stealth zombies seem to target them, I wonder if that is a trend that should be noted by Ricks group....

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    . Have you ever done any sports? How many yards did you get before you fell on your face with nobody near you?.

I destroyed my knee in training jumping for a ball in training. I see field sports players do it all the time turning quickly and not being focused, not prepared etc. It's unlikely for Ricks group who have been trapsing around and getting fitter unlike the Alexanderians who have been living the life.

A convenient and cheap plot device but far from unbelievable for anyone who goes off road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

it seems in in the show that if you're not an important character and part of ricks group then you're just there to be zombie food. take the past couple of episodes with carter and other Alexandria folk getting eaten. the likes of tara, Abraham and spencer will be gone soon enough as well I think.

I also think if you're not ruthless and pragmatic enough, and too emotional, then you wont last in the show either. carol has survived as long as she has by toughening up and doing what she felt is necessary. I was shocked she survived so long, I thought she was a goner in the third season when t dog gave his life for her in the prison. its mad to think how many stronger characters she's outlived. tyreese, beth, bob, dale etc. were too sensitive/ emotional and weren't built to survive long term. you cant be too 'human' in the world they're in.

I think morgan is going the same way. his attitude towards killing and all life being precious is going to get himself or someone else killed. sure didn't he allow the wolf to leave Alexandria alive with the gun, the same wolf who attacked and tried to shoot rick with the gun.

Shelflife wrote: »
    Getting a bit fed up with some of the basic plot holes that appear in nearly every episode at this stage.
    Walkers sneaking up on people, 1 why aren't they paying attention to what's going on around them, 2 are they deaf ? Do they not hear this walker shuffling though the woods getting closer to them ?

Some of the decision making is just stupid for supposedly seasoned survivors.

The RV not starting was lame , very lame could see it coming a mile off .

At this stage I'm just watching it to see how it all pans out, I've watched it all up to this but it's losing its appeal big time.

Aaaagh will ya stop. No really stop watching it if you dont like it. Im watching also to 'see how it pans out' albeit for different reasons from yourself. Its a a matter of opinion and acceptance. Any piece of literature is going to use 'plot devices' to forward a plot line, its not real life, we dont have exactly 1 minute per minute to get what it would really be like. Suggest a tv show/film/book that does not include plot devices or holes and im sure someone will be along shortly to tear shreads into it. Enjoy it for what it is or get on with your life.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    it seems in in the show that if you're not an important character and part of ricks group then you're just there to be zombie food. take the past couple of episodes with carter and other Alexandria folk getting eaten. the likes of tara, Abraham and spencer will be gone soon enough as well I think.

This isn't anything new though. I remember Rick filling a bus full of people from Woodbury and bringing them to the prison. There must have been 50 or so characters. Their deaths were also very flimsy - it had something to do with disease/walkers/when the governor overran the prison etc etc. This shows the writers wanted to convey Rick as compassionate, it had nothing to do with the people he saved who were unceremoniously killed off very soon afterwards.

The fact is it would just get incredibly boring if every character ricks group met had to be developed. These are just peripheral characters and many of them are nothing more than glorified background extras. People tune in to see people being eaten and this is an easy way to fulfil that without killing beloved main characters.

At the end of the day the story is about Rick. Some members of the group also provide interesting stories but they are back ups to the main actions of Rick. There's no doubt he's the most developed character in the series. If everyone bar Rick and maybe Carl (not because he's an important character but simply because it wouldn't be believable that Rick would go on without him) died then the series could easily keep going on with Rick surrounded by new group members. We've almost reached this point now with very few of ricks original group remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Nah, sorry mate. This is fan apologetics overload. People just don't fall about the place like that. It's like something from a 50s horror show "girl falls on ground". Have you ever done any sports? How many yards did you get before you fell on your face with nobody near you

Not sure you've "done" much sport yourself there. Athletes slip, fall, endure injury and crumple into heaps without anyone anywhere near them fairly regularly.

Even leaving that aside, it isn't a valid comparison since most sports aren't played on obstacle strewn streets by utterly terrified non-athletes being chased by undead monsters.

If a lack of strict realism upsets you maybe you should avoid zombie apocalypse TV shows based on a comic book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Re the RV not starting: I don't think it was a cheap plot 'coincidence' - presumably Rick damaged a fuel line or something when he emptied a magazine full of bullets through the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Thanks for that advice. Wonder why he is seen in photos filming with yet to be introduced characters then......

You couldn't spoiler that, could you? FFS.

Some of us do our damnest to avoid stupid **** like this.

DeadHand wrote: »
    If a lack of strict realism upsets you maybe you should avoid zombie apocalypse TV shows based on a comic book.
    Done loads of sports. Never saw anybody running up a hill injure themselves to the point they couldn't walk unaided at all. Even sprains and twists you just bloody keep going in a soccer match or karate class. Being chased by zombies though? Are they taking adrenaline inhibitors?
    And the problem isn't the zombies, it's that these don't appear to be real people. Alexandrians have been out on recruitment and supply runs anyway. But now when they see a walker they're helpless. How is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Done loads of sports. Never saw anybody running up a hill injure themselves to the point they couldn't walk unaided at all. Even sprains and twists you just bloody keep going in a soccer match or karate class. Being chased by zombies though? Are they taking adrenaline inhibitors?
    And the problem isn't the zombies, it's that these don't appear to be real people. Alexandrians have been out on recruitment and supply runs anyway. But now when they see a walker they're helpless. How is that possible?

Some. Some have been out. Others have been hidden away just after it started. That's the point, the Alexandrians are weak and ignorant.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Not sure you've "done" much sport yourself there. Athletes slip, fall, endure injury and crumple into heaps without anyone anywhere near them fairly regularly.
    This is just made up. Have a look over the matches this weekend and see how often this happens. Answer: once in a blue moon. And that's usually tearing at full pelt or doing something difficult, not walking up a hill. And 99% of sportsmen walk off the pitch anyway. They're not crippled. It's borderline sexist shoite really to have this lameness in a show these days, it's like Creature From The Black Lagoon nonsense.

This is just made up. Have a look over the matches this weekend and see how often this happens.

At amateur level it really isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Not to mention she walked for (presumably) miles with that bad ankle so she showed plenty of endurance. The problem was the crutch they gave her broke and that's what caused her to fall. Then the hurt ankle after being further weakened by so much exertion, the walkers being too close and her deciding to brandish her gun rather than try and get up sealed her fate.

Attitude seemed to play a big part. When they were hiding in the store she was being quite pessimistic and resigned to her fate and telling them to leave her there.
    I think she had been on runs with Heath before? So she's seen how hard it is to survive being fully fit and equipped against just a handful of walkers. So it seemed she didn't believe they could make it. Again, coming down to the difference in experiences of the two groups.

A believable death for me.

They dismissed leaving the two of them in the store almost out of hand though. Leaving them for a day and coming back with a stronger group wouldn't have been such a bad idea really.

At amateur level it really isn't.
    Well then you've never played or even seen any amateur sport of any kind in your life. If people were "regularly" banjaxing themselves like yer wan did walking up a hill in sports then nobody would play them. Even when you get a knock just about everybody keeps going in a meaningless Sunday morning works league. But when you've zombies chasing you apparently adrenaline just doesn't happen and that's it: sprained ankle and you hobble along like you've been shot.
    And this "if you believe zombies then you should also believe..." approach is garbage. If the protagonists aren't acting like normal human beings then what are we watching? Maybe Rick is secretly an android wizard? Or Michonne can go back in time? Where's the suspense if not one bit of it, including how the people act and behave, is connected to reality?

Heres why they werent getting into the bin anyways. Theres a good gap under there though
    http://i.imgur.com/8X55cCT.jpg

Heres why they werent getting into the bin anyways. Theres a good gap under there though
    http://i.imgur.com/8X55cCT.jpg
    When I first saw that bin it did seem to be right up against the fence. I was thinking, get up on that and hop over. Next thing the bin is out in the middle with walkers all around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The camera angles are pretty deceiving. I would have jumped onto the fence and shimmied across to the roof. There was also a fire exit to their left they could have gotten to before they got closed in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement