Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa direct debits - reverse?

Options
  • 23-10-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

If you've been overcharged by Eir is it possible to reverse the sepa direct debit? Eir overcharged me about 6 weeks ago and all efforts to contact them have been drawn out and eventually ignored.

It's only a €12 overcharge but it's the principle. In theory when they come looking for their money back I'll give them what I owe minus the overcharge. It's so irritating having to keep on top of them and they keep promising to look into it but don't bother.

Of course I may be completely mistaken about reversing sepa direct debits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You are correct, you can contact your bank about reversing the DD.

Might give eir the kick up the arse to actually converse with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

maximoose wrote: »
    You are correct, you can contact your bank about reversing the DD.

Might give eir the kick up the arse to actually converse with you.

Thanks will do that. They've actually admitted the overcharge and then just disappeared into thin air. I'm just happy I stayed with them a month and left straight away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

If you've been overcharged by Eir is it possible to reverse the sepa direct debit? Eir overcharged me about 6 weeks ago and all efforts to contact them have been drawn out and eventually ignored.

It's only a €12 overcharge but it's the principle. In theory when they come looking for their money back I'll give them what I owe minus the overcharge. It's so irritating having to keep on top of them and they keep promising to look into it but don't bother.

Of course I may be completely mistaken about reversing sepa direct debits?
    Hi Flippyfloppy

Sorry to hear of this. Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and a description of where you feel you were overcharged and I will be happy to look in to this for you. Yes you are correct on reversing SEPA DD's - you can contact your bank for that although if you prefer PM me and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan you completely ignored my previous thread no matter how many times I posted in it. You ignored two pms from me asking you to look into it. I gave you my account number already.

For anyone else querying reversing direct debits it can be done within 8 weeks of the transaction by going into your branch and filling out a form, it will be back in your account in 2 working days.

Edit : it can actually be done in writing by post to your local branch I just found out.

Sorry about that Flippyfloppy

Completely unintended I can assure you. I checked my PM's and I don't have anything in my inbox from you, perhaps you sent it to the older eircom: Alan profile? If so, please feel free to forward to my new eir: Alan profile.

Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »

Completely unintended I can assure you. I checked my PM's and I don't have anything in my inbox from you, perhaps you sent it to the older eircom: Alan profile? If so, please feel free to forward to my new eir: Alan profile.

Al

Yeah it would have been that long ago I've been chasing Eircom people over this. I'm no longer a customer so another rep couldn't find my details.

eir: Alan wrote: »

Al

Yeah it would have been that long ago I've been chasing Eircom people over this. I'm no longer a customer so another rep couldn't find my details.
    No worries, sure feel free to PM what details you do have and I'll see what can be done from our end.

Al

It's already arranged with my bank but I'll pm my number see if u can find it

It's already arranged with my bank but I'll pm my number see if u can find it
    No worries Flippyfloppy

Yes feel free to PM me and I'll take a look. We are signing off at 5 so I'll be back to you Tuesday

Al

Advertisement