Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Connect Broadband anyone

Options
  • 23-10-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

http://www.westconnect.net/

first things first I use both Three and Eircom so am in no way affiliated with this company, but I know a few people who have moved to them from Fastcom and and only good things to say.

Prices are decent and customer support is also, I am out of Eircom come March and will give them a go as I am only getting about 4MB , I can get 4G from Three so tethering works great for the big downloading so its just gaming I really need and so far the reviews for gaming are good.
    Also no contracts
    Is anyone else using them ?
    I think they use Kesh Hill as the relay point but I am not sure about that. Its the same tech as Fastcom not DSL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Never heard of them. I wonder what their coverage is like in north Sligo or where they're transmitting from.
    Price structure is very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Seems to be the same type system as Fastcom which needs line of sight. According to their coverage map they don't cover N Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Hi speed efibre box has been installed in Grange (between courthouse and morans). Hopefully it will be activated soon.

I just had a look at it. I saw some KN Networks vans around there last week. I know they were doing the efibre in town. Do you know if it's just Eir(com), or will other providers be using it?

sligojoek wrote: »
    I just had a look at it. I saw some KN Networks vans around there last week. I know they were doing the efibre in town. Do you know if it's just Eir(com), or will other providers be using it?

I'm pretty sure it's open to all, Eir are very expensive.

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's open to all, Eir are very expensive.
    Yeah. Just had a look at their packages. Cheap for the first few months but then gets ridiculous.

I'm with my current provider for another few months. There should be more choice after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

T-Bird wrote: »
    Hi speed efibre box has been installed in Grange (between courthouse and morans). Hopefully it will be activated soon.

Cannot be e-fibre because grange is working out of castlegarron
    whatever is going on its not e-fibre

mobil 222 wrote: »
    Cannot be e-fibre because grange is working out of castlegarron
    whatever is going on its not e-fibre

Well forget the "e" bit, wasnt sure of the terminilogy. But according to the Fibrerollout map Grange is at the "Fibre Build Commenced" stage.

It can't be any worse than the existing service. I was on the landline getting 1.2mb tops and paying 50e pm for 5 - 7mb and a 50gb limit. I'm with Fastcom now. getting constant 6mb for 38pm no limit. .

Advertisement