Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best current currency exchange rates

• 23-10-2015 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Having x euro, I want to exchange it for 2000 dollars such that x is minimized. Do you have a website in Ireland where I can compare the exchange rates in order to find the best one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Try this for live rates.....

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

and then CurrencyFair for exchanges.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Look at the rates being quoted on AIB and BoI's websites and pick the one quoting the better rate on the day. I know An Post advertise 'commission free' but every time I have checked and worked out the effective rates (inclusive of commission in the case of the two banks), one of those two banks is always better than the post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

bigdata wrote: »
    Having x euro, I want to exchange it for 2000 dollars such that x is minimized. Do you have a website in Ireland where I can compare the exchange rates in order to find the best one?

No comparison website that I am aware of.

Do not go with any of the main banks. Use an online service such as Currency Fair or Revolut.

Advertisement