Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital certificate location for business banking

Options
  • 23-10-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Can you tell me what the default location for the digital certificate on mac is? (as it'll be the same for Linux, which I'm trying to use)

On windows it's: C:\mydocument\dc\<USERNAME>

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Khannie, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are looking into this for you and will get back to you here with an update as soon as we can. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Elaine 

Khannie wrote: »
    Can you tell me what the default location for the digital certificate on mac is? (as it'll be the same for Linux, which I'm trying to use)

On windows it's: C:\mydocument\dc\<USERNAME>

Many thanks.

Good Morning Khannie,

We've been in contact with our Business Online support team. You are free to use Linux OS however, as we do not support this we are unable to offer any technical support. We can confirm the default location for Mac is /Users/<USERNAME>/ This is where the User name is the same name of the policy which you are logged into on your Mac.

We hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That worked. Thanks very much. For others who may come across this through google, what I did was:

sudo mkdir -p /Users/<my_computer_login_name>/
    sudo chown -R <my_computer_login_name> /Users
    cp -r ~/<MY BOI LOGIN NAME>/ /Users/<my_computer_login_name>/

So for example if my computer login name was john and my BOI login name was aaaaa001 the commands would be:
    sudo mkdir -p /Users/john
    sudo chown -R john /Users
    cp -r ~/aaaaa001/ /Users/john/

That worked. Thanks very much. For others who may come across this through google, what I did was:

So for example if my computer login name was john and my BOI login name was aaaaa001 the commands would be:
    Thanks Khannie, 

That's a great help and I'm sure our community members here on Boards.ie will appreciate your post. 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JonHa

Hi Khannie,
    Thanks for posting, I'm really happy to see that this is possible. I'm having trouble though with firefox finding my digital certs. I've followed your steps. The last step i changed to

cp -r /media/sf_Share/mydocument/dc/ZZZZZ001/ /Users/myLinuxUserName/

since I'm copying my digital cert from my windows folder. Did you do this or did you order new certs? Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my copy statement? Folder name and files are all in upper-case. I'm using oracle jave 8.77 installed on linux mint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement