Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Fitbit Charge with Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 23-10-2015 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

It may be over 10 months until the 2016 Olympics begin, but preparations are in full swing for Team Ireland, who have high hopes for their trip to Rio!

Early this week, we were delighted to announce our sponsorship of Team Ireland and our support of them through their journey towards the Games. If you haven't already, you should check out our video with some of the Irish athletes - it's powerful stuff!

To celebrate, we're giving away a Fitbit Charge smart wearable tech bracelet to one lucky winner!

xm7Offo.png

To be in with a chance of winning, just post an answer below to this simple question:

If you were an Olympic athlete, which event would you participate in and why?

This competition closes 6th November and the winner will be randomly drawn afterwards. Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

10m Air Rifle Target Shooting -  because you can stand in the one spot and not move for the entire duration of the competition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Fencing, so for once I can get my point across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Clay Pigeon shooting.

Why?

I was on a stag weekend and one of the activities we did was Clay Pigeon shooting. As a result of shooting with my father from a young age, followed by being in the Reserve Defence Force for 9 years and so having a familiarity with guns and shooting I was elected to go up first to show everyone else "how its done". I dropped all 10 clays in the first round. The instructor on the day was quite impressed and brought us for the last round of clays to one of the Olympic Trap layouts and I still managed to drop five of them. Not an Olympic score of course but still a proud day nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

The walking one, because I've got years of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭shannonman81

Ski Jump!!
    I have always thought I'd be good at it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Shot put, because those athletes have balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Archery for sure, I would katniss everdeen that crap out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Swimming because it is so much fun and almost 9 years ago my husband dragged me swimming to help me get fit to get through esophageal cancer surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Archery - always wanted to be robin hood

• Registered Users Posts: 3 epaminos

Mountain biking in order to make my country (Greece) first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Rugby league, because it WILL happen someday that Rugby League is an Olympic sport.

Until then, table tennis, what's not to love?
    Riocentro Pavilion 3 next year 6th to 17th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Clay-pigeon shooting.
    Did it for the first time on my stag, and do it any chance I get now. Would love to take it up full time and go to the Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Decathlon - Variety is the spice of life. Why choose only 1 sport when I can have 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Table tennis - looks like a synchronized dance, would like to look that cool while kicking someones booty!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mezzanine08

Cycling. It's my hobby and passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Boxing - because I love the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Space Hopper.  One of these days it will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Jumping......

My mind is so fit, I am always  jumping to conclusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Boxing

Because I can fall over and play dead really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Triathlon. Having been competing in the sport for the last three years it would be a dream come true. A new training gadget would certainly help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Powerlifting why just because I enjoy it. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Gymnastics.  Because I've always wanted to walk into an arena and hear a shocked silence fall down.  And the olympics could do with a little more light entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

Boxing - with Billy Walsh gone it won't really matter who is on the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Target shooting, I've done it before and enjoyed it certainly a hard sport to master too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Diving. Because I cannot think of a better way to confront my fears of heights and water all in one go... And I spend most of my life diving head first into the unknown hoping I will resurface! Thankfully I have always bobbed up again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Water Polo, cos my horse needs a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's gotta be the marathon for me....have a few under my belt already so it's just a matter of a bit more focused training.

I reckon the Fitbit would go a long way to helping me shave off the 80 minutes I'd need to be in medals shake up

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Archery, I always fancied myself as a Robin Hood type!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Does this cover discontinued Olympic sports?

Tug of War, obviously.  Great fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tubing! .. Be great crack on the Canoeing course

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement