Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updates on Acer Laptop

Options
  • 23-10-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

So, I bought myself an Acer Aspire S3 back in around March or so. It was the last one we could find across many stores so it's a display model. It was stripped down and restored when I bought it.

It works perfectly fine except for the fact that every time I shut it down it runs the "configuing updates" thing and then eventually shuts down. When I restart it, it has the message "failure to configure updates" and indicates that it's resetting.

Anyone know why this happens? Or what I can do to fix it?
    Is it just a peril of buying a display model? Or should I bring it back to shop under warranty? I've never bought display model before so not sure if it impacts the after sales services?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could be an issue with Windows 10 upgrade. Are you running 10 currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

mordeith wrote: »
    Could be an issue with Windows 10 upgrade. Are you running 10 currently?

Eeeeek, forgot to get back to this! sorry, it's been aaaages now! :S

No, I'm not running Windows 10, still on 8. Have never tried to download 10, but maybe I should??

It's still happening. It's currently trying to install 45 updates but I know it won't work.... :(

Advertisement