Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Postgrad.

Options
  • 23-10-2015 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

So I'm coming into my final semester of undergraduate study in History and English. (I know, I know).

I'm 26 finishing up and I'm on back to education. The government will support a Postgraduate if it's a Hdip of any discipline or a PME.

I can't seem to pin it down but is a Hdip any real use? It seems to be to be a filler type course, or a masters with no thesis. Is this something to even consider?

PME is kind of a non runner as I can't spend two years to pursue something I'm not 100% on.

What about SUSI? Would they pay fees for any postgrad or is it specific ones like the Government says? What's the maximum rate for an independent mature student?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions but I can't seem to find the necessary info online.

Thank you for any help.

Advertisement