Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant understand why I cant get eir broadband while my neighbors do

Options
  • 23-10-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello, my names Mikel, I live just outside thomastown and for some stupid reason no one can manage to get broadband into my property, my nexto door neighbours have eir broadband and I'm in some sort of dead zone. I've tried different companies, they all say the same, I'm not even 3 km away from the nearest exchange!

From what one technician told me, the line was doing some sort of double run, he told me it could be fixed but only if eir allowed the operation. I don't know what the hell is going on, it's 2015 for God's sake, and I'm not even far from the exchange, I should be able to get the service, how come they can't get anyone to fix this goddamned situation! Anyhow, if anyone here has had a similar problem and had it fixed, or if there's someone from Eir currently reading this, please, for the love of God, do something, it's exhilarating, the idea of people telling me it's not possible to make things happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Mvidega wrote: »
    Hello, my names Mikel, I live just outside thomastown and for some stupid reason no one can manage to get broadband into my property, my nexto door neighbours have eir broadband and I'm in some sort of dead zone. I've tried different companies, they all say the same, I'm not even 3 km away from the nearest exchange!

From what one technician told me, the line was doing some sort of double run, he told me it could be fixed but only if eir allowed the operation. I don't know what the hell is going on, it's 2015 for God's sake, and I'm not even far from the exchange, I should be able to get the service, how come they can't get anyone to fix this goddamned situation! Anyhow, if anyone here has had a similar problem and had it fixed, or if there's someone from Eir currently reading this, please, for the love of God, do something, it's exhilarating, the idea of people telling me it's not possible to make things happen.

I was having a problem similar, where my next door neighbour was efibre enabled but I wasn't and apparently couldn't get it... I don't know what they do be at there some days but it's weird. When you say your neighbours are they on the far side of the exchange to you or are you closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mvidega

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    I was having a problem similar, where my next door neighbour was efibre enabled but I wasn't and apparently couldn't get it... I don't know what they do be at there some days but it's weird. When you say your neighbours are they on the far side of the exchange to you or are you closer?

Well physically we're closer to the exchange, they are on the far side. But according to the technician my line goes from my house to the cap then back to the exchange then back to my house, doing a double run, meaning that for eir I'm about 6km from the exchange. Now, the technician said that the line could be shortened so that I could have broadband but would need eir's approval before doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Well physically we're closer to the exchange, they are on the far side. But according to the technician my line goes from my house to the cap then back to the exchange then back to my house, doing a double run, meaning that for eir I'm about 6km from the exchange. Now, the technician said that the line could be shortened so that I could have broadband but would need eir's approval before doing anything.

Ask for a fresh line install and tell the engineer who's out there to do it what the case is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

GrayFox208 wrote: »

Hi Mvidega, yes it is possible that while you may be physically a certain distance from exchange, ( in this case you report 3k) the line from exchange to your address may take a less than direct route. The route can be dictated by a few factors. If you PM me your exact address we can see if we could provide any information for you. Shortening the line would not be as easy as described above as this may leaver others without service.
    Send details and we can investigate for you.
    Tony

Advertisement