Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tandy 102 or Cambridge Z88

Options
  • 23-10-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Tandy 102 or Cambridge Z88 computer
    POST\COLLECTION: Parcel Motel/Meetup
    PRICE: Depends on the item.
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash/Paypal

Looking for either of the above, long shot but worth a try :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I have a Z88 with original box, serving no purpose at all

It's missing a key (M I think) from the keyboard ... but I'll dig it out of the attic and confirm.

Found it ... boxed, with user manual and an invitation to join the Z88 User Group :)

M key is still missing ... no corrosion to the battery terminals, so I'm off hunting batteries now.

picture.php?albumid=2376&pictureid=15367

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Thanks for digging it out, 'M' key is a bit worrying though as its one of my favorite letters.

I am pretty sure the M key is in one of the coffee jars of "handy little odds and ends" that lurks at the bottom of my toolbox.

I'll see if I can't dig that up as well.

Now, from memory, the membranes on these tended to dry and flex, leading to cracks ... which is probably how the M key fell off. There's a similar crack under the space "bar" ... which is worrying too. I'm sure there's some enthusiasts selling / repairing keyboards.

I've no batteries of the right size, so I can't test it yet ... but I will bring some home tomorrow and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks for digging it out, 'M' key is a bit worrying though as its one of my favorite letters.

Its a _e, _ario !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

eddhorse wrote: »
    Its a _e, _ario !

There's always a way...

|\/| or |V|...

:pac:

I found the M ... no idea how to attach it back to the keyboard though :)

Silk sutures?

Couple of these ?

SN01-2.jpg?1337681571

Good news - the machine works, screen is perfect, contrast works well, powers up nicely. All the built in apps work.

Bad news ... M key has no effect. Looks like the contact / surface is corroded, and I can't see any obvious way to clean / repair it.

Ah well :(

Searching for spare parts for the Z88 ... I came across this site, which claims to have Z88's in stock

http://www.rakewell.com/main/price_list.shtml#z88

• Advertisement

Thanks for digging out your one, but will have to pass - have enough broken stuff and the urge has kinda passed now :)

There's no way I be paying £96 for one of those in the link either !!

No worries. I wouldn't sell it the way it is anyway ...

If I can't get a replacement keyboard / membrane ... I'll just box it up again, and put it back in the 8-bit corner of the attic, beside the ZX81, and all the Spectrums :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement