Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland transfer online to another BOI account

Options
  • 23-10-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have, in the past, made a BOI - BOI transfer online and it shows up in the recipients account pretty much straightaway. This is obviously in contrast to a BOI - AIB or another branch where there is generally a lag / delay.

I was wondering if I were to do a transfer tomorrow online from a BOI - BOI account, would it show up on the same day as I have traditionally seen or would it wait until Tuesday because of it not been a banking day?

Thanks,
    Rich

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Rich, 

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie. 

A transfer made on 365Online to another BOI account should be instant, even on a non working day. A transfer to a BOI credit card account however, will take one full working day once made before the cut off time of 3.30pm. 

As you've correctly mentioned, transfers to other Irish banks will again take one full working day once made before the same cut of time. 

We hope this helps clarify things for you and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. We're here till 1pm today. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement