Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Week 10 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Pelle or Payet? Who to bench?

Whats the rest of your team?

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Whats the rest of your team?

Myhill

Kolarov Moreno Bellerin (Martin) (Hangeland)

KDB Sanchez(c) Wijnadjum Mahrez (Payet)

Pelle Vardy Costa

Myhill

Kolarov Moreno Bellerin (Martin) (Hangeland)

KDB Sanchez(c) Wijnadjum Mahrez (Payet)

Pelle Vardy Costa

Really hard choice but I'd bench pelle. Very close though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Whats the earliest we can get teamsheets?
    Even 90 secs before close would be handy for the likes of Leicester,Chelsea etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well lads im torn here between choosing 1 of 3 defenders.

Going 3-4-3. Starting Martin and Bellerin, 3rd spot is between Berty, Evans and Richards. Veering towards Evans.
    Wb have 5 clean sheets in 9. 3 of those have come in the 5 games Evans started.
    If im right Aston Villa have only 1 clean sheet this seaon in the first game.
    Berty is tempting because of possible attacking returns but apparently Pool have tightened up all over the pitch with Klopp in charge.

So in short im thinking Evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pelle or Payet? Who to bench?

Pelle
    Best 2 to start out of myhill/hennessey and souare/Evans?

Double WBA imo. I'm on treble again
    kilburn wrote: »
    Thoughts lads throwing 352 451 and 442 around and can't decide. Sanchez defo captain.

Myhill
    Richards Oshea Kompany Bellerin moreno
    Kdb mahrez sanchez payet Mane
    Pelle vardy Ighalo

So 451 would bench kompany Pelle Ighalo

352 would bench Ighalo kompany oshea

442 would bench Mane Ighalo kompany

Head wrecked !

I'd bench Ighalo, JOS, Kompany

Even 90 secs before close would be handy for the likes of Leicester,Chelsea etc.

If your lucky you could get them maybe 1 or 2 minutes before but I wouldn't rely on that

Double WBA imo. I'm on treble again

Cheers, needed someone to talk me into it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Am I right in playing Francis instead of Darmian?
    I don't see either keeping a clean sheet but Francis is more attacking and less of a card magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sitting on Richards to Alderweireld at the moment.

The reason why I'm not pulling the trigger, yet, is that I give up a 2 FT move to Costa next week.

I dont see Richards getting much defensive points in that Villa team though. Somebody talk me into making a decision, even if its the wrong one! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dempsey wrote: »
    Sitting on Richards to Alderweireld at the moment.

The reason why I'm not pulling the trigger, yet, is that I give up a 2 FT move to Costa next week.

I dont see Richards getting much defensive points in that Villa team though. Somebody talk me into making a decision, even if its the wrong one! :pac:

I'd avoid Villa defenders at all costs, and with MU, MC and Everton all having good runs, there must be options as good as/better than Costa elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If your lucky you could get them maybe 1 or 2 minutes before but I wouldn't rely on that

Well it's embargoed until 60 minutes before kick-off (for journalist reasons) so you'd be lucky to get them before the cut-off.

I'd avoid Villa defenders at all costs, and with MU, MC and Everton all having good runs, there must be options as good as/better than Costa elsewhere.

I have De Gea & Kolarov, must look at Everton defenders...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

There´s still time to mess things a bit…
    Already on -4 but not totally convinced on my team:

Myhill (MCarthy)
    Zouma | Bellerin | Kompany (Targett | Gomez)
    Sanchez (c) | Mahrez | KDB | Mata (Westwood)
    Martial | Bony | Vardy (vc)

Any opinions?

Dempsey wrote: »
    I have De Gea & Kolarov, must look at Everton defenders...

I did mean from next week for Everton though!

• Advertisement

Well lads im torn here between choosing 1 of 3 defenders.

Going 3-4-3. Starting Martin and Bellerin, 3rd spot is between Berty, Evans and Richards. Veering towards Evans.
    Wb have 5 clean sheets in 9. 3 of those have come in the 5 games Evans started.
    If im right Aston Villa have only 1 clean sheet this seaon in the first game.
    Berty is tempting because of possible attacking returns but apparently Pool have tightened up all over the pitch with Klopp in charge.

So in short im thinking Evans.

Agree completely. As soon as I read your choices my only thought was Evans and you pointed out the reasons why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Why you dropping pelle. Drop Murray

Murray same odds with bookies. On sub's bench in FFS scout picks. Better differential value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Wombatman wrote:
    Murray same odds with bookies. On sub's bench in FFS scout picks. Better differential value.

Pelle is playing well and will score/assist against a poor Liverpool defence.

Just pulled the trigger on Richards to Van Dijk

Southampton have a decent run of fixtures, whilst Spurs have a tough bunch of games coming up, and VVD is an attacking threat. Watched him alot at Celtic and his stats in the EPL are trending towards him chipping in with his fair share of goals.

/VVD sent off for assault after 1 minute....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Has there been a change in the rules? I thought the deadline was ALWAYS 11.45 regardless of Saturday kickoff.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote:
    Has there been a change in the rules? I thought the deadline was ALWAYS 11.45 regardless of Saturday kickoff.

One hour before first kickoff now.
    It was generally 11:30 last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Pelle is playing well and will score/assist against a poor Liverpool defence.

Murray playing well also. Playing at home.Spurs traveled mid week.

Team news from Upton Park today - #cfc unchanged from Tuesday. Hazard starts, with Zouma right-back. @br_uk

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

zouma starting is a relief

Mahrez starts :D

Swansea XI vs. Aston Villa: Fabianski; Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor; Ki Sung-Yueng, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Ayew; Montero, Gomis.

Chelsea team today: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

#CPFC XI to face #LCFC: Hennessey; Mariappa, Dann, Hangeland, Kelly; McArthur, Cabaye; Puncheon, Sako, Bolasie; Campbell

TEAM: Ruddy; Martin (c), Bennett, Bassong, Brady; Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Jarvis; Hoolahan; Mbokani. #ncfc

Leicester XI vs Palace: Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Kanté, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Mahrez, Vardy.

TEAMS: #WHUFC Adrian, Jenkinson, Tomkins, Collins, Cresswell, Noble (c), Kouyate, Zarate, Payet, Lanzini, Sakho #WHUCHE #COYI

#watfordfc line-up v @stokecity: Gomes (GK); Nyom, Cathcart, Britos, Ake; Capoue, Watson; Abdi, Deeney (c), Anya; Ighalo.

#AVFC XI to face #Swans: Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Bacuna, Gana, Grealish, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Gestede

#SCFC XI to face #WFC: Butland, Pieters, Wollscheid, Cameron, Johnson, Adam, Whelan, Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovic, Joselu

#WBAFC XI to face #NCFC: Myhill, Brunt, McAuley, Evans, Dawson, Yacob, Fletcher, McClean, Sessegnon, Berahino, Rondon

No souare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Mahrez starts :D

Rainieri would have been an idiot not to start him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No soare

Ward doesn't return either, even to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rainieri would have been an idiot not to start him.

Now hopefully he depletes Vardy's returns.

• Advertisement

Vardy has been a good differential for me recently, but now I really hope he blanks.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Now hopefully he depletes Vardy's returns.

He'll assist his hat-trick ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Last minute decision to captain Sanchez.

Delighted to see Mahrez start.

Prodl benched

A fake "no mahrez" shout caused chaos there on the FFS forum. This hour-before-game deadline is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A fake "no mahrez" shout caused chaos there on the FFS forum. This hour-before-game deadline is madness.

I took the captaincy off him as a result of that rumour on Twitter. Bloody annoyed now...should know by now not to listen to anything other than official source.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

thats why this place is the best around

HLTCO ‏@HLTCO 2m2 minutes ago
    Souare's had a knock for a few days, sadly.
    Hopefully we don't get too exploited down the flanks.

Norwich lining up 3-5-2? Bennett starting over Whittaker

• Advertisement

HLTCO ‏@HLTCO 2m2 minutes ago
    Souare's had a knock for a few days, sadly.

Hopefully we don't get too exploited down the flanks.

Instantly regret not captaining vardy/mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

No soare
    You mean Souaré ?! For a second I thought you meant (Cédric) Soares until I realised Saints only play tomorrow.

I took the captaincy off him as a result of that rumour on Twitter. Bloody annoyed now...should know by now not to listen to anything other than official source.

I saw the fake teamsheet, but nothing had come up on Leicester's twitter so I held firm fortunately.

Westwood benched

Neoulous wrote: »
    You mean Souaré ?! For a second I thought you meant (Cédric) Soares until I realised Saints only play tomorrow.

Sorry for the confusion. Autocorrect on the iPad :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That's why we ban people for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Needed that good news! Naughton and Mahrez start! Hopefully Ben Davies starts tomorrow too but have Kolarov to come in worst case so not the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I saw the fake teamsheet, but nothing had come up on Leicester's twitter so I held firm fortunately.

Ya I was afraid I wouldn't have time to make the change so just panicked! Feel stupid about it now. Oh well maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If I had points taken away from me as a result of some guy posting a fake teamsheet I would be hunting that person down via their IP.

From the "serious" leagues I'm in, looks like around 66% Sanchez captainers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

From the "serious" leagues I'm in, looks like around 66% Sanchez captainers

If Costa doesn't perform, I'm going to be bricking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement