Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone valve wiring

Options
  • 24-10-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Running in cables to cylinder and kitchen and bedroom manifolds for zone valves for a 3 zone timeclock. Gonna run in 5 core. What size wire would I need to run in? 1.5 or less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I use .75 myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

1.5 would likely cover you for most distance eventualities, less might do but the cost difference wouldn't be significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

3 zone time clock need 6 cores? L N E and 3 switch wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

meath4sam wrote: »
    3 zone time clock need 6 cores? L N E and 3 switch wires.
    Not the plastic clocks I use. L N and 3 switch lives

• Registered Users Posts: 45 electrichunter

you must provide a earth at all points regardless if used or not . remember fas you would fail test if no earth present at plastic light switch , what if a switch is changed down the road to metal so same applies to any outlet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

What cable are you using and are you using an green/yellow wire as anything other than an earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If an intended earth conductor is being used as a switch wire, it could be the bare earth in a t and e. Just as bad really.

Advertisement