Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Tech Support Services

• 24-10-2015 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

Moved over to a Mac book air a while ago from a lifetime of PC use. Is there a service that anyone knows of where you can bring your Mac to someone and say - can you check that I am storing and using my data correctly????

Some one that can do a bit of housekeeping as apposed to fixing the machine?

I get on ok using for storing photos, using it for internet etc but have never really figured out how to manage my data,photos, etc properly across the various applicants and systems.

By way of example of what service i need:

Recently I created an iCloud account so that I could store my large photo library there as my start up disk was full.

Since setting it up I seem to have messed up where and how they photos are stored, duplicated folders and basically confused the hell out of myself! I also can't see what photos i have stored in the ICloud, and my key chain access is not working and I can't download the new OS for mac, as i get a message saying my start up disk is full.

Is there a place or person that anyone can recommend that would be able and in interested in helping fix these types of issues??

Any suggestions welcomed:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You could call Apple Care and do screen sharing with them to sort things out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go the the support page on the Apple website. Have a browse through there, and find pages on topics you want to know about. This is first port of call for Apple Tech support anyway, its their main source of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

I think CompuB do training.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dellywelly

Thank you all for your help. Training is a good idea so I can learn how the basics work in the Mac world.

Have been on the help pages but they only got me so far!

Screen sharing sounds like a plan worth trying too.

Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Dellywelly wrote: »
    Thank you all for your help. Training is a good idea so I can learn how the basics work in the Mac world.

Have been on the help pages but they only got me so far!

Screen sharing sounds like a plan worth trying too.

Thanks all
    This might be of interest to you if you are based in Dublin
    http://www.clubmac.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement