Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hacker has remotely gain access to my computer

• 24-10-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone help me someone has remotely gain access to my computer can someone advise me what to do thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

rob808 wrote: »
    Hi can someone help me someone has remotely gain access to my computer can someone advise me what to do thanks.

How do you know someone has gained access? How did they accomplish this?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Disconnect it from the Internet would be a start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

TonyStark wrote: »
    How do you know someone has gained access? How did they accomplish this?
    They must have be done by a hack they made another user account on my pc I download a free avg anti virus I had 3 virus last night and today 19.I guess I annoyed him because tried lock him out but failed everytime I close access point he quickly open a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

They must have be done by a hack they made another user account on my pc I download a free avg anti virus I had 3 virus last night and today 19.I guess I annoyed him because tried lock him out but failed everytime I close access point he quickly open a new one.

Sounds like he has you by the bollocks lad :mad:

Bring it to a pc repair shop.

Rightwing wrote: »
    Sounds like he has you by the bollocks lad :mad:

Bring it to a pc repair shop.
    would you say a good anti virus fix it or would he be able to by pass it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I'd say it's a case for an expert. Most of these anti viruses are protective, but if breached are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭deceit

Disconnect it from the internet would be your first step, after that you can start repairing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

would you say a good anti virus fix it or would he be able to by pass it.

You don't know enough to fix it, take it to a repair shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Wipe the c:\ drive and start afresh if you're willing to backup your own file system before and get it cleaned feel free but do so at your own peril

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

We are going to need specifics if anyone on here is going to have a cat in hells chance of getting to the bottom of this.

Aside from the viruses what makes you think you have been hacked?

You say they have made another user account, what is the name of the user account?

Are you posting from the computer which has been compromised?

I assume you are using windows, what version, e.g. XP, Vista, 7, 8 10.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    We are going to need specifics if anyone on here is going to have a cat in hells chance of getting to the bottom of this.

Aside from the viruses what makes you think you have been hacked?

You say they have made another user account, what is the name of the user account?

Are you posting from the computer which has been compromised?

I assume you are using windows, what version, e.g. XP, Vista, 7, 8 10.

I'm using my iPad at moment the other user account is ASP.Net machine account I ping the location and it show Ashtown as my location.Im not in Ashtown nowhere near it.

I'm using my iPad at moment the other user account is ASP.Net machine account

The ASP.net account is created when the .net framework gets installed. What were the last 3 programs you installed?
    I ping the location and it show Ashtown as my location.Im not in Ashtown nowhere near it.

Please try to be as verbose with your answers as possible. What location? Where do you see this location? When you said you pinged the location and it says Ashtown, how did you ping it?

Also, you never said what version of Windows you are using.

The ASP.net account is created when the .net framework gets installed. What were the last 3 programs you installed?

Please try to be as verbose with your answers as possible. What location? Where do you see this location? When you said you pinged the location and it says Ashtown, how did you ping it?

Also, you never said what version of Windows you are using.
    I used the NBP map locations and it show his location he keep moving around and Google can show locations to quite handy.I don't really know it my bother laptop maybe he download something there not much options.I could reset to factory settings or wipe the hard drive not sure these would fix it?.

Thanks for help guys it terrible people get kick out of destroying normal hard working people PCs and labtops.

I give up.

I give up.
    That ok thanks for trying to help don't think there anything really can be done goina wipe everything and get a good anti virus with a strong firewall.it window 7

I would have never knowing only for NBP map crazy lol.

I would have never knowing only for NBP map crazy lol.

Known what?!?

So the NBP map says you are in Ashbourne but your not in Ashbourne and from this you have reasoned that you have been hacked. Is that it?

Known what?!?
    That the laptop was hacked

As a favour to me, would you walk me through how you came to this conclusion, aside from the creation of the .Net account?

That easy the NBP map design to find you on the map it use eir code when I press the target location it should had gone to my address instead it go to Dublin.I give you example when I use my iPad it bring me to my address but the laptop bring me to Dublin why?.last night I detected 4 virus and now this morning 19 virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Google "asp.net account" or something like that and do some reading before jumping to conclusions. Ignore the location thing, there are also multiple explanations why that is showing up wrong.

Then ask your brother where he's been browsing, clicking and downloading to start to solve the separate virus (likely malware) issue.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    masseyno9 wrote: »
    Google "asp.net account" or something like that and do some reading before jumping to conclusions. Ignore the location thing, there are also multiple explanations why that is showing up wrong.

Then ask your brother where he's been browsing, clicking and downloading to start to solve the separate virus (likely malware) issue.
    asp.net Google say it for building web sites

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

rob, you sound like you don't really understand what you're talking about and your short and incomprehensible answers here are not helping anyone help you. The locations you're seeing could just be the location of your ISP's equipment. This is not a sign of a hack.

Take some time to explain what exactly is going on.

For example
    I have a Dell Model bla bla bla running Windows 7 SP1.
    As of last night a screen has popped saying my computer is locked by the FBI unless I pay €XXX to some paypal account.
    I cannot access my files.
    Here is a screenshot/photo of my screen

or
    I have a Macbook Air from 2012 running OS X 10.9.5.
    Last night this thing called MacKeeper wanted to fix my Mac.
    I give it my credit card details and now my Mac is very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

[HTML][/HTML]asp.net Google say it for building web sites

I'm not sure how much clearer anyone can make it but you're looking, specifically, for information on why there's and asp.net account on your Windows computer. Try using more defined search terms such as "asp.net user account Windows computer."

Once you find this, you'll realize your hacker explanation is pretty unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

rob808, you clearly have no idea what you are doing.
    The ASP.net account is not a problem at all, forget about it.

The way I see it, you have 3 options.

1. Bring it to a PC repair professional and let him fix it.
    2. Wipe the computer (possible needlessly & I don't know if you're capable of it anyway)
    3. Continue using the laptop as normal.

Are there any important files on the machine? Photos, important documents etc? Have you a backup solution for these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, take the computer to an expert and let them fix it and show you at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I had 3 virus last night and today 19.

There's a clue.
    rob808, you clearly have no idea what you are doing.
    2. Wipe the computer (possible needlessly & I don't know if you're capable of it anyway)

Patronising much? The guy said he can clean everything and reinstall so give him the benefit of the doubt. Clearly English isn't his first language so don't expect "verbose" explanations as another poster requested.

OP, I'd say it's just that you have a virus that's causing havoc on your machine, so you can either try to clean this yourself or bring it somewhere to be done professionally.

5uspect wrote: »
    rob, you sound like you don't really understand what you're talking about and your short and incomprehensible answers here are not helping anyone help you. The locations you're seeing could just be the location of your ISP's equipment. This is not a sign of a hack.

Take some time to explain what exactly is going on.

For example

or
    well let with start NBP map it ping your location not your ISP because it be useless and not fit for purpose.I said before I did same for iPad I'm using pick up my current address the laptop should do the same it doesn't plus the location keep moving ISP equipment doesn't do that.

I install a free anti virus last night when I cope it and had 4 virus on it Trojan and malware and 19 virus today plus I try cmd and type netstat -ano and it show establish connections.

There someone defiantly has some remote access how much i don't know only came to board to see if anyone had any ideas.

I didn't even know someone could even do that thanks for help don't think anybody can help going to get my sister husband to look at it he know alot more about computers I get him to wipe it clean.

Take it to your brother and ask a mod to close the thread.

• Advertisement

Take it to your brother and ask a mod to close the thread.
    yea ok though people on boards would be more helpful guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You have to help the posters to help you.

My thoughts would be get someone who knows what they're doing to have a look and explain to you what the issue is, if there is an issue.

For now make sure you remove the internet connection whether it's Wi-Fi or via Ethernet

I tried to help you. You refused to answer my questions. Theres nothing more I can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

The help you get is going to be based on the info you supply. The more info you give the more help you will receive.

Seems like it would be alot easier to just let someone who knows what they are doing look at and fix the laptop than trying to get answers here from the limited info you are providing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Hang on a second - are we sure that rob808 is the victim here? Maybe he's actually the hacker...

Ant695 wrote: »
    The help you get is going to be based on the info you supply. The more info you give the more help you will receive.

Seems like it would be alot easier to just let someone who knows what they are doing look at and fix the laptop than trying to get answers here from the limited info you are providing.
    some people did and the others were down right terrible with there comments that the Internet for ya.I'm gona get my sister husband to look at it and try clean it up mod please close thread thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you read the thread? He's most definitely not a hacker.

mod please close thread thanks.

This should be banned.

Hang on a second - are we sure that rob808 is the victim here? Maybe he's actually the hacker...
    There you go like this guy funny guy maybe hacker mess up your computer one day.

There you go like this guy funny guy maybe hacker mess up your computer one day.

I'm just urging people to be cautious. Better safe than sorry.

You are extremely hard to understand. How can we help you if you can't write clearly?

• Advertisement

Im getting it sorted you can lock thread i was wrong in something i said but some of the comments were uncalled-for.

Im getting it sorted you can lock thread i was wrong in something i said but some of the comments were uncalled-for.

Report comments you find excessive. What were you wrong about?

I guess location thing and probably the remote access it most likely a virus im updating to window 10 that should fix it.I couldnt bother reporting people rather forgive and forget not worth fighting with people thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

OP. Just download malwarebytes and update it and do a full scan of your computer... https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I guess location thing and probably the remote access it most likely a virus im updating to window 10 that should fix it.I couldnt bother reporting people rather forgive and forget not worth fighting with people thanks.

Doing the upgrade wouldn't fix viruses unless you do a clean install after.

A full clean install of the operating system is a last resort and should never be done just for such a simple problem.

Ok thanks very much

A full clean install of the operating system is a last resort and should never be done just for such a simple problem.

Especially if the problem is imagined.

The virus gone AVG got it the other threat were cookies AVG got them to but i do a clean to just be on the safe side.

Ok thanks very much

Just download malwarebytes from my previous comment and when installed click the scan button up the top and click on Custom Scan the one in the middle and then click configure and place a check-mark on c: drive and then on the left part check the box that says rootkit scan and then scan your system. It will take a good while to finish but it will let you know when done on what it finds.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement