Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hacker has remotely gain access to my computer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

rob808 wrote: »
    yea ok though people on boards would be more helpful guess not.

You have to help the posters to help you.

My thoughts would be get someone who knows what they're doing to have a look and explain to you what the issue is, if there is an issue.

For now make sure you remove the internet connection whether it's Wi-Fi or via Ethernet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I tried to help you. You refused to answer my questions. Theres nothing more I can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

The help you get is going to be based on the info you supply. The more info you give the more help you will receive.

Seems like it would be alot easier to just let someone who knows what they are doing look at and fix the laptop than trying to get answers here from the limited info you are providing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Hang on a second - are we sure that rob808 is the victim here? Maybe he's actually the hacker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Ant695 wrote: »
    The help you get is going to be based on the info you supply. The more info you give the more help you will receive.

Seems like it would be alot easier to just let someone who knows what they are doing look at and fix the laptop than trying to get answers here from the limited info you are providing.
    some people did and the others were down right terrible with there comments that the Internet for ya.I'm gona get my sister husband to look at it and try clean it up mod please close thread thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you read the thread? He's most definitely not a hacker.

mod please close thread thanks.

This should be banned.

Hang on a second - are we sure that rob808 is the victim here? Maybe he's actually the hacker...
    There you go like this guy funny guy maybe hacker mess up your computer one day.

There you go like this guy funny guy maybe hacker mess up your computer one day.

I'm just urging people to be cautious. Better safe than sorry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You are extremely hard to understand. How can we help you if you can't write clearly?

• Advertisement

Im getting it sorted you can lock thread i was wrong in something i said but some of the comments were uncalled-for.

Im getting it sorted you can lock thread i was wrong in something i said but some of the comments were uncalled-for.

Report comments you find excessive. What were you wrong about?

I guess location thing and probably the remote access it most likely a virus im updating to window 10 that should fix it.I couldnt bother reporting people rather forgive and forget not worth fighting with people thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

OP. Just download malwarebytes and update it and do a full scan of your computer... https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I guess location thing and probably the remote access it most likely a virus im updating to window 10 that should fix it.I couldnt bother reporting people rather forgive and forget not worth fighting with people thanks.

Doing the upgrade wouldn't fix viruses unless you do a clean install after.

A full clean install of the operating system is a last resort and should never be done just for such a simple problem.

Ok thanks very much

A full clean install of the operating system is a last resort and should never be done just for such a simple problem.

Especially if the problem is imagined.

The virus gone AVG got it the other threat were cookies AVG got them to but i do a clean to just be on the safe side.

Ok thanks very much

Just download malwarebytes from my previous comment and when installed click the scan button up the top and click on Custom Scan the one in the middle and then click configure and place a check-mark on c: drive and then on the left part check the box that says rootkit scan and then scan your system. It will take a good while to finish but it will let you know when done on what it finds.

• Advertisement

Ok will do thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Ok will do thanks again.

Serious question rob808, Do you even own a computer and have you ever used one before you convinced your brother he was hacked?

900913 wrote: »
    Serious question rob808, Do you even own a computer and have you ever used one before you convinced your brother he was hacked?
    I did and virus are made by hackers to infect PC to gain access to them to steal info of your computer so my bother was hack.They can also use your computer as zombie computer and infect other PCs.

Did you do the malwarebytes scan yet ? How many infections did it find ?.

Can we get this goat rodeo closed? Wheres a mod when you need one.

Also, Robbi, not all hackers are bad people, fyi.

syklops wrote: »
    Can we get this goat rodeo closed? Wheres a mod when you need one.

Also, Robbi, not all hackers are bad people, fyi.
    well that true some of them get jobs in IT security helping company defend against hackers.

well that true some of them get jobs in IT security helping company defend against hackers.

You still haven't answered my question. Have you scanned with malwarebytes yet, and what did it find ?.

There is no point in looking for help if you do not want help.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

I did and virus are made by hackers to infect PC to gain access to them to steal info of your computer so my bother was hack.They can also use your computer as zombie computer and infect other PCs.

People with your computer knowledge are the only reason that I couldn't do tech support. You have been offered help from many on this forum who only required basic info to help you and give you the best solution, and you couldn't even do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I had issue last week , programmes / weird websites kept opening on their own and my google homepage was changed to a weird chinese or similar language , and internet would not work properly .

I backdated the PC to a previous good configuration (about 1st October ) , and ran malwarebytes , and also used windows defender .

This fixed it .- I have W10

• Advertisement

You still haven't answered my question. Have you scanned with malwarebytes yet, and what did it find ?.

There is no point in looking for help if you do not want help.
    I don't have it my sister husband has it he installing window 10 and cleaning it up but I did do AVG scan and clean it up.I ask the mod to close it hours ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement