Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hacker has remotely gain access to my computer

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

rob808 wrote: »
    I don't have it my sister husband has it he installing window 10 and cleaning it up but I did do AVG scan and clean it up.I ask the mod to close it hours ago.

Ok. Upgrading to windows 10 that was already said will not remove the virus's you said you had previously, it will be a waste of time. Well good luck with it anyway. If you had firstly done a few scans using proper anti-virus scans and malware/keylogger scans it would most probably be fixed.

AVG is the most basic virus scanner and is no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Ok. Upgrading to windows 10 that was already said will not remove the virus's you said you had previously, it will be a waste of time. Well good luck with it anyway. If you had firstly done a few scans using proper anti-virus scans and malware/keylogger scans it would most probably be fixed.

I know that why I'm gona get a good anti virus when I get it back don't think anymore can be said thank for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

I feel like I'm getting trolled now.

I think you need to do a full anti virus scan and an IQ test and post the results below.

I promise I will help as much as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

900913 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm getting trolled now.

I think you need to do a full anti virus scan and an IQ test and post the results below.

I promise I will help as much as I can.

You are where I was about 12 hours ago. Read the first few pages of the thread. More than one person has suggested troll to me, both here and on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Try these browers out if you do a fresh install they work well on win10 rob808 .
    https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/internet-products.php?key5sk0=2128&key5sk1=7148ae72c9a2b777d0b88999749a0fab0b7b0b5c

Free firewall i use
    https://personalfirewall.comodo.com/?key5sk0=2128&key5sk1=7148ae72c9a2b777d0b88999749a0fab0b7b0b5c

Free antivirus Avast just download the free version this will do the job .
    https://www.avast.com/en-za/index

Malawarebytes free version which a member has already given link to already .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Sorry to jump in here. What is a good anti virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

tina1040 wrote: »

Thats a whole new thread. To make it easier, why dont you start a new thread with that question, and I'll give you my input. Its not a straightforward opinion though ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'll ask again, not sure why I'm bothering. Have you a backup of the important data on this machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

tina1040 wrote: »

Well in my opinion it has to be Avast anti-virus because it's powerful and free. But for a paid anti-virus and firewall it would have to be Kaspersky internet security. Just my opinion though as others will state that the ones they use are better.

But no matter how good your anti-virus is it comes down to the person in regards to what sites they use, there is no best in reality but a good internet security like Kaspersky of which I have used for 10 odd years gets a thumbs up from me.

Kaspersky internet security 3 license key from E-bay is only 18/20 euro for the full year, so it's no excuse not to use decent security because when a person does get one of the nasty virus's it can sure take quite some time to remove it and its remnants.

The free stuff is good though. Once a person is reasonably protected they should be reasonably ok but depending on whether they view dodgy sites.

One more thing I left out, is that antivirus and firewall is not good enough alone. This is where Malwarebytes comes in for detection of malware/pups - potentially unwanted programs and keyloggers. Never leave home without malwarebytes, the best powerful free anti-malware software out there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

syklops wrote: »
    Can we get this goat rodeo closed? Wheres a mod when you need one.

1) it's a bank holiday Saturday
    2) report post button

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Closing until I've had a chance to read over it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement