Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months after fibre cabinet installed and still not live ???

Options
  • 24-10-2015 12:13pm

One cabinet in my village is live a while now and my cabinet was installed about 3 months ago and the ducting for the Electric cable was ran as far as the ESb pole about 3 weeks and the cable is yet to be installed .

How on earth can this take so long ? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Depending on the cabling work required and status of planning permission/traffic management certs from council would determine the total time frame required for network builds.

This has been the same going back years and generally network builds are actually mostly slowed down by waiting on planning applications and traffic management certs for traffic rerouting.

It's mental, they haven't even got the electrical cabling pulled through the ducting. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It's mental, they haven't even got the electrical cabling pulled through the ducting.

Coull be waiting for esb networks?

jd wrote: »
    Originally posted by Mad_Lad

Yeah could be but seriously , it's taking forever. 

The ESB would hardly run the cable to the pole ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

jd wrote: »
    Originally posted by Mad_Lad

Yeah could be but seriously , it's taking forever. 

The ESB would hardly run the cable to the pole ? 
    Hi Mad Lad
    Sour Lemonz reply pretty accurate, all of these factors do affect roll out and ducting would be particularly affected by planning.. Work like this is also planned in stages, and technical crews are scheduled to do their part within a pre planned nation wide roll out.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Ducting is completed a few weeks for the power to the ESB pole. 

I am hoping this will be live by Christmas. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Tony,

Hi Deleted User

If you have the cabinet number (located on a yellow sticker at side or back of Cab) please let me know and I'll do my best to offer an indication of when it's expected to go live. A lot of the time there's no indication but I'll be happy to check either way.

AL

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Hi Deleted User

If you have the cabinet number (located on a yellow sticker at side or back of Cab) please let me know and I'll do my best to offer an indication of when it's expected to go live. A lot of the time there's no indication but I'll be happy to check either way.

AL
    Hi Alan,

As always, thanks for the replies.

I just checked the map again and it's updates to say "within 6 weeks" so that's hopefully accurate !

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Hi Deleted User

AL
    Hi Alan,

As always, thanks for the replies.

I just checked the map again and it's updates to say "within 6 weeks" so that's hopefully accurate !

Thanks again.
    Hi Deleted User

The map is generally acurate :)Keep an eye on it though as sometimes changes are made.

Al

Advertisement