Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/Virgin - year of film etc not displaying on info button

Options
  • 24-10-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

This might seem like a minor problem but it's driving me mad. When going through the movie guide on UPC/Virgin, if I press the 'info' button about the film with a view to recording it, it doesn't show the year the film was made. Nor the main cast, just the lesser actors (eg Pretty Woman - no sign of Julia Roberts or Richard Gere's names but other actors you've never heard of are listed). I find this really frustrating as there are so many bad remakes of good films that I don't want to waste disk space recording the wrong 'version'. Have reported this glitch to UPC/Virgin several times, have done system resets, Factory Restore, etc to no avail. It seems to me that the database they feed the information through has the 'year' field blocked for some reason and they just need to adjust it their end. Funny enough, after you've recorded the film, the year shows up on the info button. But you must record it first. They've offered to replace the horizon box but that means I will lose some precious recordings that I'm sentimental about so have declined. Anyone else having the same problem? Failing that, any way I can copy the programmes I want to keep onto a USB stick before getting rid of the box?

Advertisement