Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 aside football in Dublin for people in 50s/60s?

• 24-10-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy.

My dad was a keen footballer all throughout his life but stopped in his late 30s/early 40s. I know he would love a weekly kick around but he is 61 now and obviously wouldn't be able to keep up with younger lads.

Does anyone know of any 5 aside games for older folk in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Only thing I can find is walking football in Irishtown on Friday mornings. Anyone know anything about it?

COUNTY
    DUBLIN Irishtown Stadium
    Strand Street, Dublin 4
    Fri 11-12am Ages: 55+

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Don't know anything about it but my friends dad plays it due to a heart condition, harder than it looks apparently!

Where is he based? I see a new game was set up in Poppintree recently
    http://bohemianfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Walking-Football.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

simonw wrote: »
    Don't know anything about it but my friends dad plays it due to a heart condition, harder than it looks apparently!

Where is he based? I see a new game was set up in Poppintree recently
    http://bohemianfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Walking-Football.jpg

That looks good. Any idea what the standard is like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Did your dad get sorted yet tusky I play walking football myself Wednesday in the indoor arena in blanch and Fri lunchtime in poppintree. The standard is pretty decent but everybody is welcome to turn up and try it's a great experience

P.m.sent too.

Advertisement