Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welding Car Body Panels (HELP)

Options
  • 24-10-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I've done a bit of MIG welding but the MIG welder I have access to now won't weld body panels without blowing holes in it on the lowest settings, its 250A.

I was looking at this one and just wondering if this would weld body panels on my 96 civic coupe.
    iedepot.ie/t166-welding-package-complete-starter-kit/

Has any one used any of these sip welders?

Thanks,
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hi Chris, To answer your question, I don't know!

However, I suggest you should try starting a thread in the DIY section. It gets a bit more traffic and you might get better help there.

Here's a link to the DIY section: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1326

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

This is going back a bit, but I bought one of these from iedepot. look out for the need for all the other bits; the deposit on a tank was a bit of a shock, package came in closer to €600 once all the bits were added up.

It goes from 30A to 166A, which is about 0.7mm to 6.5mm. Thinnest I've used it on as 1.2mm mild steel and it was fine.

Advertisement