Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

• 24-10-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭

Early I know but don't care....

Costa out and Lukaku in

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gomis out, Lukaku in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Costa and Martin to lukaku and cedric. May do a -4 to get mane for ayew as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Wijnaldum in for Westwood methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Berahino out, Vardy in (I know its absolutely ridiculous I haven't got him in my team already)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Maybe Southampton defender but important players to tog out yet.

Academy cup starts GW 11 I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Maybe Southampton defender but important players to tog out yet.

Academy cup starts GW 11 I think!

Yes, will be issuing minimum point hit instructions for GW11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Have to get Vardy in. Costa or Martial will make way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Get triple Wba in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Payet or Ozil hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hard to justify bringing in an Everton defender after this and the last game. That previously was the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

What's the story with Andy Carroll now? Is he fully fit and will he be a starting striker?

I'll probably be transferring Mbokani out this week with 7.2 to spend. Gomis looks the obvious choice to me for now but Carroll at 6.4 looks tempting even if I already have Payet.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Costa out, Lukaku in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Stick with Begovic or give up on Chelsea altogether ? I was thinking Lloris maybe or should I just throw Myhil in like most seem to be doing now ?

Costa to Lukaku seems most likely too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Costa to Lukaku. Redmond to Barkley also tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why would you have a Chelsea player when they are playing like that? A shadow of last years team.

WBA have very tricky fixtures coming up, hard to see now where they'll get a clean sheet until about GW 17 tbh

Lloris doesnt have as hard a fixture list but there is a few tough ones in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Barkley or Wijnaldum?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Barkley or Wijnaldum?

I'd wait to see if Wijnaldum can produce the goods tomorrow

I was gonna get a Wba defender in but after their next game they have a tough run coming.

First up. Hennessy in for McCarthy. Try to catch some eventual value rises out of him.

Then we'll see how tomorrow goes!

I dont think they'll stop Leicester from scoring tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Rikand wrote: »
    I was gonna get a Wba defender in but after their next game they have a tough run coming.

First up. Hennessy in for McCarthy. Try to catch some eventual value rises out of him.

Then we'll see how tomorrow goes!

Speroni was on bench for first time in a while today.
    Can anyone confirm this?

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Speroni was on bench for first time in a while today.
    Can anyone confirm this?

According to livescore.com that is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dempsey wrote:

Yeah I'm probably benching Dawson next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at another -4 as I need to bridge a gap in a league and we have quite a few of the same player.

So now it's Costa and Mahrez out (risky but have Vardy)

After watching motd, I don't think it will be long before Speroni is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

definitely have to get in an Everton player. Question is where. Coleman/Barkley/Lukaku for Bertrand/Wanyama/Pelle but not too sure tbh. Could also just do Ayew/Wanyama>Payet. Had Ayew since the start, too attached to him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Have a front line of pelle Costa and gayle that needs sorting.
    Thinking of bony and lukaku for gayle and Costa but (I think) i want vardy long term over lukaku and bony and maybe if I don't bring him in now I might never have him with the rapid increase in price. Decisions decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

2 ft
    begovic to Howard is one
    begovic and Chelsea are POISON at the moment and I want no part of them till after Xmas at the earliest no matter what fixtures they have
    may do yaya to KDB depending on how they look today
    ighalo to bony had been on the cards but ighalo keeps getting points (on my bench!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

km79 wrote: »
    2 ft
    begovic to Howard is one
    begovic and Chelsea are POISON at the moment and I want no part of them till after Xmas at the earliest no matter what fixtures they have
    may do yaya to KDB depending on how they look today
    ighalo to bony had been on the cards but ighalo keeps getting points (on my bench!)

I know their fixtures are good but everton do not seem very solid defensively at the moment

sword1 wrote: »
    I know their fixtures are good but everton do not seem very solid defensively at the moment

yeah with jagielka out as well that won't help
    Howard will be good for save points though :D
    hart is the other option under consideration but I think I may well get kolarov again if I keep yaya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    yeah with jagielka out as well that won't help
    Howard will be good for save points though :D
    hart is the other option under consideration but I think I may well get kolarov again if I keep yaya

Would you not just plump for Myhill? I know fixtures aren't great but he tends to hover up save points even in the difficult games.

I honestly can't understand why some people don't have him at this stage. It's a no-brained for me.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would you not just plump for Myhill? I know fixtures aren't great but he tends to hover up save points even in the difficult games.

I honestly can't understand why some people don't have him at this stage. It's a no-brained for me.

he is the 3rd one I'm thinking of BUT another transfer needed in 6\7 weeks possibly needed at a busy time of year along with the fixtures has me reluctant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Has there been any definite word on when Aguero will be back?

City vs Norwich could be a bloodbath after what Newcastle did to them.

To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! :)

Are you staying clear of Lukaku? I'm tempted to get Sterling till Aguero back. If he plays up alongside Bony again today i may double up with him and KDB. I'll be getting rid of Hazard and Sahko this week so thinking Sterling and Lukaku as I'd lake 2 city attackers v Norwich.

I'd then probably play aoa as my defence have dreadful fixtures gw11 and my front 8 would be..

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)

FHFC wrote: »
    To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! :)

Are you staying clear of Lukaku? I'm tempted to get Sterling till Aguero back. If he plays up alongside Bony again today i may double up with him and KDB. I'll be getting rid of Hazard and Sahko this week so thinking Sterling and Lukaku as I'd lake 2 city attackers v Norwich.

I'd then probably play aoa as my defence have dreadful fixtures gw11 and my front 8 would be..

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)

That's an interesting idea alright. I have 2fts so could go Wanyama to Sterling and Martial to Lukaku. Then play AOA. Only difference to you is I have Payet and not Mane. West Ham are away to Watford so not a terrible fixture either.

Will see how today's games go first. I'm still hoping Martial might give me a reason to hold onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Dempsey wrote: »

Dawson can deliver a good ball in to the box and picks up a few assists, Myhill usually gets a few save points.

I wasn't overly confident of them keeping a cleanie against Norwich, a side that prior to yesterday had scored in all of their home fixtures. Never underestimate Tony's ability to keep a clean sheet.

I'll still be lining up with Dawson and MyHill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Have a midfield of Sanchez Payet Wijnaldum Mahrez (Westwood). 5.9m itb and I need to squeeze KDB in (could be tempted by Sterling if he goes wild today). Strikers are Vardy Costa and Berahino.

Is it madness to get rid of Mahrez for KDB? They still have decent fixtures, he's the second highest scoring midfielder in the game and it would cost me an extra 0.5m extra to get him back so it's not an easy one.

Could alternatively dump Costa or Berahino for Bony but I've never been his biggest fan.

The Manchester derby might reveal a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'll be trying to bank it this week I feel, unless it looks like Simpson is gonna rise, would like to get him in at 3.9 for Martin who in spite of his occasional heroics doesn't look like ever getting a clean sheet ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Looks like I may have to move JOS on.
    Bertrand most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! smile.png

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)
    That's an interesting idea alright. I have 2fts so could go Wanyama to Sterling and Martial to Lukaku. Then play AOA. Only difference to you is I have Payet and not Mane. West Ham are away to Watford so not a terrible fixture either.

Will see how today's games go first. I'm still hoping Martial might give me a reason to hold onto him.
    I'm in a very similar boat to Lemlin and my first idea was Martial to either Lukaku or Bony.

But I may take advantage of keeping Saylor and its associated huge banked cash and give more thought to this Wanyama + Martial to Sterling + Lukaku and AOA option (of find someone to bench). It'd be for a -4 for me but it may be worth it. It's crazy how a badly timed (Kol -> Bellerin) transfer can do to your team. I'd be in such a better position had I gone for this one last GW...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Might do Darmian to Bellerin with one of my FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Probably Mata and Ben Davies to be shown the door this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane hatrick and favourable fixtures. I smell a proper replacement for Aguero incoming

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar boat to Lemlin and my first idea was Martial to either Lukaku or Bony.

But I may take advantage of keeping Saylor and its associated huge banked cash and give more thought to this Wanyama + Martial to Sterling + Lukaku and AOA option (of find someone to bench). It'd be for a -4 for me but it may be worth it. It's crazy how a badly timed (Kol -> Bellerin) transfer can do to your team. I'd be in such a better position had I gone for this one last GW...

Having thought about this, I'm not sure I trust either Lukaku or Sterling enough. Sunderland won't be the pushover they were under Big Sam.

Martial to Kane, home to Villa, looks a possibility. I might even then go Wanyama to Mane and play AOA still.

Having thought about this, I'm not sure I trust either Lukaku or Sterling enough. Sunderland won't be the pushover they were under Big Sam.

Martial to Kane, home to Villa, looks a possibility. I might even then go Wanyama to Mane and play AOA still.

I could also do Hazard to Payet and Sahko to Kane. But i fear City v Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Martial out. Lukaku, Bony or Kane in.....probably Lukaku

Might be wise to have a Southampton defender for their next two fixtures as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy with team so will keep as is for FT in GW 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

CSF wrote: »
    Hard to justify bringing in an Everton defender after this and the last game. That previously was the plan.

Played last seasons top 7 already... I'd expect to see an run of wins
    Keeping Barkley in with an eye on Lukaku as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So far have done:

Begovic -> Myhill
    Francis -> Kolarov

For a -4. Could do with getting an Everton player in but not sure who I want yet. Have a front 3 of Pelle, Vardy and Ighalo which I am happy with for now...Pelle may get the boot for Lukaku though but not til after the Bournemouth fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I assume it's a one match ban for Mane?

I can afford Mane to KDB and Martial might go-he's wasted on the left at United as Rooney plays rubbish again through the centre.

2 FT's could be Mane->KDB and Martial->Kane.

zerks wrote: »
    I assume it's a one match ban for Mane?

I can afford Mane to KDB and Martial might go-he's wasted on the left at United as Rooney plays rubbish again through the centre.

2 FT's could be Mane->KDB and Martial->Kane.

He serves it in the League Cup. Available for Bournemouth. Some relief as initially thought my AOA plan was bollixed.

Anyone seen much if everton? Not much fondness for Barkley round here, could be worth a look rather than flaky Romelu for these nice fixtures. Barkley and Kane could be done rather than Sterling and Lukaku....

• Advertisement
Advertisement