Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Having thought about this, I'm not sure I trust either Lukaku or Sterling enough. Sunderland won't be the pushover they were under Big Sam.

Martial to Kane, home to Villa, looks a possibility. I might even then go Wanyama to Mane and play AOA still.
    Yeah me neither now that Sterling was taken off early today. A -4 for him could be a disaster.

Think I'll just get Bony (or Lukaku - not sure about him, he rarely did it for me, a bit like Pellè for some here but worse, much worse -) in for Martial.

Kane. I'm not sure. He got a hatty today. OK. Wijnaldum scored 4 last week. It's only 1 game and Wiji is actually more in form. Kane will have Arsenal away, WH & Chelsea at home & WB away in the next 4 after Villa. Lukaku & Bony have a much much better run.

That said, after an almost perfect WC, I've been making all the wrong calls these last 2 GWs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah me neither now that Sterling was taken off early today. A -4 for him could be a disaster.

Think I'll just get Bony (or Lukaku - not sure about him, he rarely did it for me, a bit like Pellè for some here but worse, much worse -) in for Martial.

Kane. I'm not sure. He got a hatty today. OK. Wijnaldum scored 4 last week. It's only 1 game and Wiji is actually more in form. Kane will have Arsenal away, WH & Chelsea at home & WB away in the next 4 after Villa. Lukaku & Bony have a much much better run.

That said, after an almost perfect WC, I've been making all the wrong calls these last 2 GWs...

Think I'll go for Bony alright and perhaps Mane. Pelle could then go to Lukaku the following week. Bony could sit until Kun is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone seen much if everton? Not much fondness for Barkley round here, could be worth a look rather than flaky Romelu for these nice fixtures. Barkley and Kane could be done rather than Sterling and Lukaku....

Barkley is must have for this Everton run imo. Was going to get him and Lukaku but now I'm trying to decide between Bony, Kane and Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sanchez - Mane - Payet - KDB - Mahrez are my current 5 mids.

I am strongly considering getting rid of Mahrez to either go for Ozil or a City mid, likely Ozil tbh.

Igahlo -Costa - Vardy

Costa will go for Lukaku, Kane or Bony. Or I could also sell Igahlo and try get Bony and one of Lukaku or Kane then bench Mahrez v WBA.

Some advice be appreciated as I'm laungushing around 350k and struggling to get a rythm going after a couple of good weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

bohsman wrote: »
    Barkley is must have for this Everton run imo. Was going to get him and Lukaku but now I'm trying to decide between Bony, Kane and Lukaku.
    If you get Barkley in, doesn't it ease your chocie for the forward? Or you're that up for doubling up on Everton's attack?

Also would you rate Barkley better than Lukaku? In a potential strong front 8 Barkley could replace Wanyama for me.
    Strong front 8 have rarely paid off for me though and the ones who played Walcott yesterday got very lucky with him not subbing in (don't think that has happened often).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would you not just plump for Myhill? I know fixtures aren't great but he tends to hover up save points even in the difficult games.

I honestly can't understand why some people don't have him at this stage. It's a no-brained for me.

I'm thinking maybe the saints keeper now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hopefully a nice and boring Francis to Moreno as long as no injuries pop up. Going to stick with my pound shop attack for at least another GW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you get Barkley in, doesn't it ease your chocie for the forward? Or you're that up for doubling up on Everton's attack?

Also would you rate Barkley better than Lukaku? In a potential strong front 8 Barkley could replace Wanyama for me.
    Strong front 8 have rarely paid off for me though and the ones who played Walcott yesterday got very lucky with him not subbing in (don't think that has happened often).

I don't have the stats but Walcott I feel is less likely to come off the bench when arsenal are winning i mentoned it during yesterdays game. My theory is that giroud will get left on for his height at defending set pieces. Walcott is also more attacking than ox or Ramsey on the right so that change is unlikely. The most likely swap is for sanchez but wenger tends to bring on gibbs for him when arsenal are winning. It was a lucky break but I always suggested Walcott as an option as part of a strong front 8. Things have changed now anyway so theo is gone for me.

Hopefully a nice and boring Francis to Moreno as long as no injuries pop up. Going to stick with my pound shop attack for at least another GW

Pound shop attack doing greats things for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I see Barkley in a similar mould to Mane, bursting runs through and a great shot. Lukaku is obviously similar to Pelle from a FF POV but with Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth, Norwich in their next 6 with the other 2 games being Palace and West Ham I'm probably going to double up.

I like having a strong front 8, some headaches obviously but I'd rather have a strong player come in if there's a late injury, doesn't do TV any harm either.

dahat wrote: »
    Pound shop attack doing greats things for you.

I went with ings and Austin for about 3 mths last year it worked out really well for me. I'll be looking at aguero vardy and a cheapie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bohsman wrote: »
    I see Barkley in a similar mould to Mane, bursting runs through and a great shot. Lukaku is obviously similar to Pelle from a FF POV but with Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth, Norwich in their next 6 with the other 2 games being Palace and West Ham I'm probably going to double up.

Barkley has done very little FPL wise of late though. I'd kinda like to go for him over lukaku for this week at least but his returns are pretty poor.

I went with ings and Austin for about 3 mths last year it worked out really well for me. I'll be looking at aguero vardy and a cheapie.

I won't be in any mad rush to get Kun back, this seasons blank returns early on are fresh in the mind.

Aguero Vardy and Igahlo is a good combo going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Darmian out for someone. I can literally afford anyone, so probably one of either Smalling or Kolarov. Anyone have any thoughts either way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Darmian out for someone. I can literally afford anyone, so probably one of either Smalling or Kolarov. Anyone have any thoughts either way?

He might get his place back for Palace at least if Valencia injury keeps him out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I'm thinking Kane in for Martial.

If you don't have a Saints defender I'd get one.

I won't be in any mad rush to get Kun back, this seasons blank returns early on are fresh in the mind.

Aguero Vardy and Igahlo is a good combo going forward.

Igahlo or mitrovic is what I'm thinking. Ye I'll be waiting for aguero to play a game or 2.

what about their keeper ?
    I'm sick of begovic now

Igahlo or mitrovic is what I'm thinking. Ye I'll be waiting for aguero to play a game or 2.

I have Igahlo but I'm playing 352 so rarely get to use him which is a pity really.

Lukaku Bony Vardy has appeal for a few weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Azpilicueta to Bertrand or Van Djik is what I'm thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 FT's, probably going:

Muniesa -> Cedric
    O'Shea -> Kaboul (pending injury update)

Invincible wrote: »
    Azpilicueta to Bertrand or Van Djik is what I'm thinking.

I have Bertie but I'm sorry I didn't go for Van Djik, he really gets in around the action at corners and set pieces. Was unlucky not to get attacking points today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Muniesa to Van Dijk
    Sturridge to Kane (probably captain home to Villa)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Paully D wrote: »
    2 FT's, probably going:

Muniesa -> Cedric

As an owner of Cedric, I must say, if you can afford a different Saints defender then to opt for them instead to save yourself plenty of frustration. His playing time is often cut short if Koeman wants to be a bit more defensive on the right side and chooses to opt for Yoshida; it's frustrating and makes me hate Cedric for no fault of his own whatsoever.

If you can't afford anyone one else then well.... welcome to the club... you might wanna pour yourself a drink....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sanchez - Mane - Payet - KDB - Mahrez are my current 5 mids.

I am strongly considering getting rid of Mahrez to either go for Ozil or a City mid, likely Ozil tbh.

Igahlo -Costa - Vardy

Costa will go for Lukaku, Kane or Bony. Or I could also sell Igahlo and try get Bony and one of Lukaku or Kane then bench Mahrez v WBA.

Some advice be appreciated as I'm laungushing around 350k and struggling to get a rythm going after a couple of good weeks.

Am gonna say first off I have a few beers on me but of the midfielders Payet (don't have him) is the sell 'till ( of the mids) Kun is back .

ElTel wrote: »
    Am gonna say first off I have a few beers on me but of the midfielders Payet (don't have him) is the sell 'till ( of the mids) Kun is back .

Sell Payet? Not so sure on that tbh. He is a class player delivering returns most weeks and the team is built around him.

As an owner of Cedric, I must say, if you can afford a different Saints defender then to opt for them instead to save yourself plenty of frustration. His playing time is often cut short if Koeman wants to be a bit more defensive on the right side and chooses to opt for Yoshida; it's frustrating and makes me hate Cedric for no fault of his own whatsoever.

If you can't afford anyone one else then well.... welcome to the club... you might wanna pour yourself a drink....

Cheers for the warning. I haven't really paid much attention aside from I know he's been taken off a few times at frustrating times and badly wanted a Southampton defender ahead of their upcoming run. I have the spare cash so will probably go for Van Dijk on second thought. Paying £5.5m for a defender not at one of the top clubs really goes against what I usually do, but I'll give it a shot and re-assess in a few weeks. Downgrading is a lot easier than trying to upgrade if nothing else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Sell Payet? Not so sure on that tbh. He is a class player delivering returns most weeks and the team is built around him.

Wouldn't sell Payet bar serious injury, assist/goal machine, points per pound, he's hard beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

As another Cedric owner I'd say the opposite. If all your defenders came off with 10-20 mins to go I'd wager you'd be the best part of 50 extra points better off by the end of the year. Last week being within 30 seconds of a case in point.

Obviously attacking returns are diminished but the defender who consistently gives you 6 point hauls when his own team mates are 1s and 2s is a thing of FF dreams.

• Advertisement

mahrez has 3/4 nice games.
    Tinkerman will get his 3n? bonus once they get to 40pts in this lucrative TV deal year.
    For those undecided on Saints D ......when all else fails pick the GK.........
    I'm going Bertie 'cos my plan is both NC GKs when I WC

2 FT's, probably going:

Muniesa -> Cedric
    O'Shea -> Kaboul (pending injury update)

On second thoughts, Allardyce says that O'Shea's hamstring is likely just a tweak rather than anything serious. I know he's going to drop to £4.2m but having lost £0.2m on him already at this stage I might as well swallow another £0.1m drop as I want a Sunderland defender and he's going to be the best one for sure under Sam. He's a season keeper for me to be honest despite Sunderland's horrible December run.

I know I wanted Mata for GW's 11 onwards for United's great run but I'm moving early on this one and biting the bullet - Van Gaal doesn't trust him enough and he's seemingly always the first one to get the chop tactically. I'm moving on.

Mata -> Payet

Then after the Capital One Cup on Wednesday I'll move Muniesa out for a Southampton defender, most likely Van Dijk or Bertrand.

On second thoughts, Allardyce says that O'Shea's hamstring is likely just a tweak rather than anything serious. I know he's going to drop to £4.2m but having lost £0.2m on him already at this stage I might as well swallow another £0.1m drop as I want a Sunderland defender and he's going to be the best one for sure under Sam. He's a season keeper for me to be honest despite Sunderland's horrible December run.

I know I wanted Mata for GW's 11 onwards for United's great run but I'm moving early on this one and biting the bullet - Van Gaal doesn't trust him enough and he's seemingly always the first one to get the chop tactically. I'm moving on.

Mata -> Payet

Then after the Capital One Cup on Wednesday I'll move Muniesa out for a Southampton defender, most likely Van Dijk or Bertrand.

Got JOS at 4.3 and with the cflag I'm hoping he'll survive till next GW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

GetWithIt wrote: »
    As another Cedric owner I'd say the opposite. If all your defenders came off with 10-20 mins to go I'd wager you'd be the best part of 50 extra points better off by the end of the year. Last week being within 30 seconds of a case in point.

Obviously attacking returns are diminished but the defender who consistently gives you 6 point hauls when his own team mates are 1s and 2s is a thing of FF dreams.

I can see where you're coming from, and if given those extra 30 seconds last week, the additional five points may have completely changed my outlook on him. However, if i'm spending 5.0+ on a player, I want them to be always starting, certainly not capable of being subbed off early for tactical reasons. His presence on my team currently annoys me (I will be starting him next week however! :pac:)
    Pauly_D wrote:
    I have the spare cash so will probably go for Van Dijk on second thought.
    He'd be the one I'd personally advocate too, he looks a real handful from an offensive point of view and will score more goals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Only have 1 transfer.

Have 6m in the bank after getting Vardy in for Kun.

I need to offload Gomez and Soaré in defence and Darmian not starting today, there's a risk I'll only have 2 defenders playing next week - Kompany and Richards.

Martial isn't cutting the mustard at all the last couple of weeks
    Thinking of bringing Benteke in for Martial and maybe Payet for Kouyaté.

Really don't want to take a points hit tho.

Team is currently
    Cech
    Kompany Richards Darmian
    Mahrez Barkley Sanchez KDB
    Ighalo Vardy Martial

Subs:
    McCarthy
    Soaré
    Joe Gomez
    Kouyaté

Any thoughts lads?

Only have 1 transfer.

I need to offload Gomez and Soaré in defence and Darmian not starting today, there's a risk I'll only have 2 defenders playing next week - Kompany and Richards.

Team is currently
    Cech
    Kompany Richards Darmian
    Ighalo Vardy Martial

Subs:
    McCarthy
    Soaré
    Joe Gomez
    Kouyaté

Any thoughts lads?

If you don't want to take a points hit then concentrate on defence. Taking in a Southampton defender would be a start as they have a nice few games coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Only have 1 transfer.

Team is currently
    Cech
    Kompany Richards Darmian
    Ighalo Vardy Martial

Subs:
    McCarthy
    Soaré
    Joe Gomez
    Kouyaté

Any thoughts lads?

Would hang on to Souare, think he just had a minor knock. They have decent enough fixtures after the next two. Would do Darmian to Van Dijk/Bertrand this week and then Gomez to Moreno next week.

GetWithIt wrote: »

Id agree with you here. He was subbed off at 3 0 and 0 0 around the 70 min mark in 2 earlier games. Id be delighted with that happening. In those particular games southampton didnt concede anyway so it didnt make a difference. The Leicester game he was 30 seconds away from the C.S. and ideally as a cedric owner southampton then went onto concede. That particular game he had a nasty clash with schlupp who got subbed off at H.T. That particular sub may not have been tactical at all and more a precaution.

Mata -> Payet

Only two games and then an international break so he should definetly be back after that. I think Ill hold him also as I see myself looking to transfer him back in anyway.

• Advertisement

This really shouldnt make any difference in my transfer thoughts but the fact that spurs play in the monday night game is drawing me to Kane.

This really shouldnt make any difference in my transfer thoughts but the fact that spurs play in the monday night game is drawing me to Kane.

I'm also drawn to him tbh. Have more faith in him than Bony or Lukaku. Spurs are playing well too and, despite having a hard run of fixtures, Kane showed himself to be fixture proof last season.

I'm also drawn to him tbh. Have more faith in him than Bony or Lukaku. Spurs are playing well too and, despite having a hard run of fixtures, Kane showed himself to be fixture proof last season.

Yea it's hard to overlook a hat trick too. I really wanted either him or Eriksen this week but with Hazard to shift and not wanting to sell Pellè before Bournemouth it'd have been Eriksen if I'd pulled the trigger.

My newest FPL rule is "if you ever decide to buy Pellè....don't and immediately get Kane!"

I just pulled the trigger on martin and costa to bellerin and lukaku. The plan was lukaku before today so looking again at his fixtures over the next few weeks Im going to stick with it. Ill be taking atleast a -4 on friday walcott to mane more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Have a front 7 with ridiculous fixtures next week. Have 2 ft. Will definitely get Francis out. Looking at VVD, Moreno, Coates and maybe alder. Considering upgrading wanyama, but I'm still not sure if I want a strong front 8. Also considering lukaku, but getting rid of pelle the week they play Bournemouth is ridiculous. Will hold off and think for a bit first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Pelle is a disaster.

Brought him in halfway through last season and he couldn't hit a barn door from them on.

Brought him in two gameweeks ago and again goals dry up.

One more chance next week and gone then.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Pelle is a disaster.

Brought him in halfway through last season and he couldn't hit a barn door from them on.

Brought him in two gameweeks ago and again goals dry up.

One more chance next week and gone then.
    same he is now on the "list" along with lukaku , eriksen and a few more
    NEVER TO BE BOUGHT AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

All the Kane attention seems very reactionary. I myself predicted a Kane explosion a number of weeks ago but it was Bournemouth and from what I read on twitter earlier Boruc had a mare of a game.

Plus Villa will have a new manager and a potential bounce that comes with it. Plus Europa league matches. Plus it's Spurs.

So given how I'm doing disregard all that and buy him!

I get that there's a lack of trust with Pelle and Lukaku in here though.

My team:

Myhill/Hennessy
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand (Nyom, Souare)
    Sanchez De Bruyne Payet Mahrez (Wanyama)
    Martial Vardy Pelle

I have two FTs. Martial will be one. I really can't pick a second. My defenders have decent fixtures so I'm dropping my thoughts of going AOA.

So I could go Martial to Bony, Lukaku or Kane?

All the Kane attention seems very reactionary. I myself predicted a Kane explosion a number of weeks ago but it was Bournemouth and from what I read on twitter earlier Boruc had a mare of a game.

Plus Villa will have a new manager and a potential bounce that comes with it. Plus Europa league matches. Plus it's Spurs.

So given how I'm doing disregard all that and buy him!

I get that there's a lack of trust with Pelle and Lukaku in here though.

Lack of trust is putting it mildly. Deja vu and Yaya style nightmares time. I have to keep him for Bournemouth really but he WILL blank.

Last season I went with Pelle over the obvious Kane for three painful weeks, captaining Pelle the first week and costing myself about 30 points as Kane ran amok.....sound familiar??

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Have a front 7 with ridiculous fixtures next week. Have 2 ft. Will definitely get Francis out. Looking at VVD, Moreno, Coates and maybe alder. Considering upgrading wanyama, but I'm still not sure if I want a strong front 8. Also considering lukaku, but getting rid of pelle the week they play Bournemouth is ridiculous. Will hold off and think for a bit first though

I'd guess most squads look good next week with a captain pick dilemma.
    If I had 2 FTs I'd carry one................or.................

• Advertisement
Advertisement