Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clover POS

Options
  • 24-10-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

If anyone with experience with Clover can tell me what accounting software they use with this system I would be grateful to hear. I'm considering it. Alternatively, would you recommend something better than clover?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They are marketing a tie-up with Big Red Cloud, so maybe that is worth looking at.

It depends what you are doing with clover. We have used it in a pretty big restaurant. It works, but it is not ideal.

Is the integration really that critical for whatever you are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eequalsmc2

They are marketing a tie-up with Big Red Cloud, so maybe that is worth looking at.

It depends what you are doing with clover. We have used it in a pretty big restaurant. It works, but it is not ideal.

Is the integration really that critical for whatever you are doing?

Interesting to hear. So I understand you right you're saying "it works" are you referring to Clover and Big Red Cloud or just Clover?

I've had a bit of rethink on Clover. I'm put off by the 36 month contract and €100 a month fee for a POS. I'm leaning now towards getting Vend and my own card reader (e.g. Sumup) or maybe an old fashioned manual/physical button till. What do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wow had no idea Clover was so much! For that much what does it offer over others? I use Pose and a combination of SumUp & Syspay for card payments. I do like the look of Vend not sure if the card payment integration with iZettle works here but if it did I would go with that think that is one of those things we aren't treated to over here though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Big red cloud and clover have a marketing tie up. I have no idea if it works or not or how well.

I would ask clover for a trial period.

What you need really depends on scale and type of operation.

Is the price a lot? Well, you need to look at the cost of a similarly supported solution including all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

I have Clover. It is an easy system to use and very simple. However the tie up with Big Red Cloud is causing me concern. Very very slow to tackle issues that I flag. I need a system to charge stuff to accounts and this is still not working 2 months in. I have said that if it is not fixed in the next 10 days they are out. If you don't need to charge the system is fine. One catch is that it has a tendency to charge credit cards twice to customers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement