Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons - Trim/Navan area?

Options
  • 24-10-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anybody know of any acoustic guitar lessons available in the Trim / Navan area?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

kifi wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anybody know of any acoustic guitar lessons available in the Trim / Navan area?

Thanks

You could try a search on done deal or adverts.
    Also if you've got a music shop locally they sometimes do lessons or would be at least able to point you towards someone who does

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    You could try a search on done deal or adverts.
    Also if you've got a music shop locally they sometimes do lessons or would be at least able to point you towards someone who does

Thanks, will try the shop in Navan, as no luck with adverts / donedeal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Both of my kids do piano in the Royal County School of Music in Trim and are happy there. They also do guitar lessons among others:
    http://www.rcsm.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Check out M & J School of Music in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Everything for sale

Check out

‘Mark’s Music Lessons’

in Trim for one-to-one lessons.

Ad is up gumtree.

Use the search bar to search ‘services’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Is he the guy posting on Facebook saying he has 8 years experience playing guitar?

30 quid for a half hour- he'll have plenty of spare time. Most of the piano teachers charge kids between 12-15 euro for a half hour and they all can show qualifications not just say they have 8 years playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Everything for sale

Ha he seems to be entrepreneurial in his approach to his business! Maybe he plans to retire in his thirties? :)

I’m not on Facebook so i asked a friend to do a search based on your comment. Looks like two completely different music teachers. The names are different so you might want to take care with how you comment about someone’s livelihood.

I’m sure there are piano teachers who charge those prices, I’m guessing they could be students who have less expenses or it’s a group rate. There are also teachers who charge double those prices.

Qualifications aren’t everything either. Many of the worlds foremost musicians do not have a formal music education yet are far superior Musicians than those that do. If we think back to our own experience at primary and secondary school you’d be lucky to have encountered one good teacher during that time and they’re all ‘qualified’!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Not that entrepreneurial if he thinks twelve year olds are going to pay 30 quid for half hour lessons.

Kids will try all these things and be supported by parents (who pay for them)but the cost has to be right.

I can't see many parents forking out 30 euros a week for half hour guitar lessons to see if they like it.

Now I know there are dedicated music schools in Meath who charge a bit more but they have a premises to keep and insurance and overheads rather than doing it in their sitting room as a nixer.

Advertisement