Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Crash!!!

Options
  • 24-10-2015 7:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey- anyone here ever have a bad bike crash? I had one a couple of days ago where I hit a parked car believe it or not! I smacked straight into him on me MB cause I was hammering so hard for the w/o. Pretty sure I'm just gonna tell my mates that I got hit by some d£%khead in a moving car cause I'm pretty embarrassed.

Anywho. it hurt. Got to work on handling skills!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hey- anyone here ever have a bad bike crash? I had one a couple of days ago where I hit a parked car believe it or not! I smacked straight into him on me MB cause I was hammering so hard for the w/o. Pretty sure I'm just gonna tell my mates that I got hit by some d£%khead in a moving car cause I'm pretty embarrassed.

If you can't see a car, you need an eye test as you obviously have a problem.

Don't tell me, you damaged the car and cycled off without informing the owner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

If you can't see a car, you need an eye test as you obviously have a problem.

Don't tell me, you damaged the car and cycled off without informing the owner!

Nono I wouldn't ever do that. I'm straight up and honest to a fault and wouldn't dream of doing the car owner over. I do however think there really isn't a problem w/ me over dramatising the story to my mates and making it sound like I was chased by some mad boy racers who ran me down. Makes for a better story- keeps my rep as a bit of hard man intact.

Nono I wouldn't ever do that. I'm straight up and honest to a fault and wouldn't dream of doing the car owner over. I do however think there really isn't a problem w/ me over dramatising the story to my mates and making it sound like I was chased by some mad boy racers who ran me down. Makes for a better story- keeps my rep as a bit of hard man intact.
    I imagine you weren't as hard as the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Might want to read this,

www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/cyclist-convicted-of-careless-driving-after-hitting-car-in-co-clare/

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Hey- anyone here ever have a bad bike crash? I had one a couple of days ago where I hit a parked car believe it or not! I smacked straight into him on me MB cause I was hammering so hard for the w/o.

Reckon it's only a matter of time I do the same. At least you walked from it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ceepo wrote: »

When I read that earlier in the week I wondered why the car was stopped there.

I know a guy who did same in Phoenix Park, hit the back of a car and went through the back windscreen. Ouch. Ended up in the Mater...with no recollection of who he was, who his family where or how to contact them. Actually worked in James', if they'd brought him there they'd have known who he was and saved his poor wife hours of worry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Ceepo wrote: »

Also read this: (If you're squeamish don't look at the pics)

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/photos-reveal-full-extent-of-injuries-that-halted-race-reader-discretion-advised/

Cars are best avoided at all costs whether moving or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well wasn't me,but me and my mates albert and Chris had a months cycling planned in france last year. our other mate Brad was supposed to make it too but he couldn't get the green light from home and wasn't allowed.

won't go into too many details, but Chris had a bad crash early on, came down on a really bad road surface. Tried to keep going but just couldn't. We thought about packing it, but Albert has a competitive streak in him and no way was he giving up on his month cycling. so we soldiered on. Fate didn't like his decision though, turns out Albert ended up crashing too. served him right.

felt bad for Chris, but crashes are part and parcel of time on the bike.

mossym wrote: »
    well wasn't me,but me and my mates albert and Chris had a months cycling planned in france last year. our other mate Brad was supposed to make it too but he couldn't get the green light from home and wasn't allowed.

won't go into too many details, but Chris had a bad crash early on, came down on a really bad road surface. Tried to keep going but just couldn't. We thought about packing it, but Albert has a competitive streak in him and no way was he giving up on his month cycling. so we soldiered on. Fate didn't like his decision though, turns out Albert ended up crashing too. served him right.

felt bad for Chris, but crashes are part and parcel of time on the bike.

If the crash is due to not looking were you are going then they are completely avoidable.

Chris tends to cycle with his head down alright but this wasn't the problem here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Chris tends to cycle with his head down alright but this wasn't the problem here

Alot of people spend too much time looking at bike computers and power metres. Often a distraction.

tunney wrote: »
    Alot of people spend too much time looking at bike computers and power metres. Often a distraction.

Don't worry,Paul Murphy will ban these vestiges of capitalistic extravagance when he's in government.

may as well be staring at his stem as be looking at the power meter output, fe*&ing edjit uses a stages

may as well be staring at his stem as be looking at the power meter output, fe*&ing edjit uses a stages

Oh right, those things aren't the best. The sky is the limit as to how off they can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I suspected as much.

Oh right, those things aren't the best. The sky is the limit as to how off they can be.

not convinced by them at all.any gains have to be marginal at best.

not convinced by them at all.any gains have to be marginal at best.

Given that everyone seems to have one now they are practically dogma

Advertisement