Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby Match Thread 25/10/15 k/o 14.05 SS1.

• 24-10-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2015_MancDerby679.jpg

Manchester United vs Manchester City Team News

Apart from the long term absentees Luke Shaw and Paddy McNair, Manchester United will be without the services of Ashley Young.

Louis Van Gaal could also bring back Michael Carrick into the central midfield alongside Morgan Schneiderlin.

Furthermore, Matteo Darmian and Marcos Rojo are likely to start in the defence.

Manchester City will be without the services of David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Fabian Delph and Gael Clichy.

Manuel Pellegrini is set to continue with Wilfried Bony as the only striker. And Bacary Sagna is set to keep Zabaleta out of the first team once again.

Captain Vincent Kompany could make the cut if he passes a late fitness test for Manchester City. Pellegrini confirmed that the Belgian is a doubt for the game.

Manchester United vs Manchester City Probable Starting Lineups
    :

Manchester United starting lineup (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Jones; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Herrera, Rooney; Martial

Manchester City starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure; De Bruyne, Sterling, Navas; Bony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Want to say draw, but I think city by two and thats with smalling playing a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Without Aguero and possibly Silva I fancy Utd to nick it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rojo would be a bit of a worry at LB for me. Not played much football this season and looked well off the pace against CSKA... id prefer Blind in there he would offer more going forward to. Same set up and team as We played against CSKA with Darmian coming in for Valencia.. Blind for Rojo and Mata for Lingard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If we were at full strength, I'd be confident of going there and getting the win; our first choice XI is stronger than United's, in my opinion. However, the absence of Kun and Merlin are massive losses to us, as they would be to any side. Therefore, I think it'll end up all square. 1-1 for me; Rooney for them (he always scores against us) and Yaya for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

2-0 United. Martial score and assist.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1-3 city win :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 2 draw. Last gasp equaliser for Manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hopefully city will win this one, hard to know what utd will show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

niallo27 wrote: »

Probably the Manchester one. West Ham just played and Newcastle have their own derby tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

niallo27 wrote: »

Ah Niall. The Man who supports 19 Premier League teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United's litmus test this

Will be watching from behind the couch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Ah Niall. The Man who supports 19 Premier League teams.

Well I do hope they win. What's wrong with saying that. My point on what Utd show up us valid. They gave been great, average and poor this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The missus muttered the immortal words of "It's only a match" when she asked about going out to pick up pumpkins on some farm or other tomorrow and I gave my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

zerks wrote: »
    The missus muttered the immortal words of "It's only a match" when she asked about going out to pick up pumpkins on some farm or other tomorrow and I gave my answer.

Enjoy the farm, pick a good pumpkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

ricero wrote: »

And call it Wayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ricero wrote: »

Fook that,got one in Supervalu for €2.50.All family activities will take place before 2pm or after 4pm tomorrow.:p

City missing their two best players. Utd at home should take something.

• I like Man Utd
    I think that they will win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I like Man Utd
    I think that they will win

tumblr_mmnkq7GwvZ1s87589o7_250.gif
    tumblr_mmnkq7GwvZ1s87589o5_250.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd be happy with a draw, we have a nice run of games coming up so in the context of that it would be a decent result.

A win though would be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

3-1 United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sticking a tenner on a Rooney hat trick @ 80/1. Because I don't like money, but sure anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

City could spring a surprise by having Silva available.

• JPA wrote: »
    City could spring a surprise by having Silva available.

On the bench maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    On the bench maybe

Reports say he'll be in the starting xi

• JPA wrote: »
    Reports say he'll be in the starting xi
    Need a big defensive midfield performance from Schneiderlin if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

An exciting game and some cold droplets will do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Starting XI:

De Gea
    Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo
    Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin
    Mata, Herrera, Martial
    Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

CSKjYaiU8AE_TkS.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Why in the world is Valencia playing and Darmian on the bench???

CSKjsJ7XAAABK5-.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sterling against Valencia and Basti lumbering about. Oh joys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, De Bruyne, Bony
    Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Roberts, Navas, Iheanacho

Playing the twins, Navas dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Was hoping City would have played Yaya further back. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Valencia at RB worries me when City are on the attack.

• Good no Silva

Darmian wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lots of complaints about Valencia. It's a good decision after Sanchez destroyed Darmian.But I wouldn't fancy Sterling up against Valencia. He is very strong & quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Would have preferred Mangala over Otamendi, Mangala has been very good this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lots of complaints about Valencia. It's a good decision after Sanchez destroyed Darmian.But I wouldn't fancy Sterling up against Valencia. He is very strong & quick.

Valencia is stronger and faster than sterling so just hopefully he won't leave sterling alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would rather Martial up front to cause some mayhem to Kompany and Otamendi

rwbug wrote: »
    City XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, De Bruyne, Bony
    Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Roberts, Navas, Iheanacho

Playing the twins, Navas dropped
    Happy enough with that line-up, given that two of the best (arguably, the best) players in the league are unavailable to us. Sensible move playing the Fern twins. Beef up the midfield, and they'll provide cover for Yaya, freeing him and Kev to get up in supprt of Wilf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hmm fancy City now the line ups are out, the S&S will have to be resolute.

May they both lose several players to straight reds!

Valencia is stronger and faster than sterling so just hopefully he won't leave sterling alone

Valencia just needs to not get caught out positionally. He is very good in 1v1s as he is a great athlete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I can see the thinking behind Valencia playing, but I also hear that Darmian is not 100%

Val can keep up with Sterling and if he could ever figure out some attacking intent he could certainly get at Kolarov also. I just hope he has been well drilled positionally this week

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Valencia just needs to not get caught out positionally. He is very good in 1v1s as he is a great athlete.

Do you mean a defensive 1v1?

Because being an athlete has nothing to do with winning a 1v1. Knowing how much pressure to put on and how quickly, not falling for the disguise, reading body language and keeping your eye on the ball and knowing when to put in the tackle makes you good in defending 1v1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Rojo might be the weakest link in the Utd defence again today. I'm surprised LVG didn't change the left hand side after what happened in Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I can see De Bruyne and Sterling tearing us to shreds but I hope I'm wrong. :o

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Do you mean a defensive 1v1?

Because being an athlete has nothing to do with winning a 1v1. Knowing how much pressure to put on and how quickly, not falling for the disguise, reading body language and keeping your eye on the ball and knowing when to put in the tackle makes you good in defending 1v1's.
    u need other things but if u are not a good athlete u will get beaten easily. You can have good reading anticipation etc but if there is space down the line a slower full back has no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sanchez has 'destroyed' a lot of players. Darmian is a way better player and right back than Valencia. A bad 20 minutes when the entire team were shìte doesn't change that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement