Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand car horror story

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dannyluvsu

The purpose of this forum is to highlight consumer issues. All I see in your original post is that you purchased a cheap car that you didn't get properly assessed- hence, "buyer beware" comment from me.
    And just one car, from a dude in Longford, not many,-so where your "lot of dodgy cars" claim is coming from is going over my head. Do explain.

You made a bad purchasing choice and you're now trying to blame everyone but yourself.

Seems to me like you've had a pretty bad day yourself? Perhaps there are more constructive ways to deal with it than picking fights with people on the internet?

I honestly don't see what's wrong with me potentially making someone reconsidering the cheap option based on my own personal experience.. and yes, I would consider this a consumer issue.

For the record, I'm a dude from Longford and I'm not blaming anyone other than myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@C.K Dexter Haven : stop backseat modding please. You're here long enough to report a thread if you think it doesn't fit in a particular forum.
    @dannyluvsu: Likewise for you, report posts and don't retaliate with name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dannyluvsu

slimjimmc wrote: »
    @C.K Dexter Haven : stop backseat modding please. You're here long enough to report a thread if you think it doesn't fit in a particular forum.
    @dannyluvsu: Likewise for you, report posts and don't retaliate with name calling.

Sure thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What problem? He bought a car for €500 without having it checked over. It doesn't matter who sold it other than it was not from a business so he has no recourse and, as it happens, no proof that the sale was intended to be anything but genuine.

Just out of interest, what possible checks could have found that this issue would occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: I don't see any merit in keeping this open, OP has highlighted the importance of checking what you're buying in any situation and especially when buying privately as there is little legal recourse. Mission accomplished.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement