Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodcock

Options
  • 24-10-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I seen my first woodcock of year this morning. He landed on a fencepost about 5 yards away from me. Has anybody come across many yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Padc

Where in my original post did I say I shot the woodcock? I did not shoot the bird. I am fully aware of the seasons. Read more carefully before you assume anything and start mouthing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mike2015

Padc wrote: »
    I seen my first woodcock of year this morning. He landed on a fencepost about 5 yards away from me. Has anybody come across many yet?

Seen one yesterday evening in a green field while out with the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Woodcock shot

Post I have seen one last week feeding at night in a green field, nice to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭hawlk

I see a number of them rise when driving through some woodlands

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tonytoc11

Met one this morning. Also met 13 cocks and 3 hens...the majority were young birds though.

• Advertisement

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    Met one this morning. Also met 13 cocks and 3 hens...the majority were young birds though.

Nice to see that many pheasants hopefully they'll stick around. Seen 2 nice birds yday n a few 'chicks'.

tonytoc11 wrote: »

Nice to see that many pheasants hopefully they'll stick around. Seen 2 nice birds yday n a few 'chicks'.

Advertisement