Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microchip cert

• 24-10-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

has anyone else had a big delay in Fido confirming details and sending their cert? I applied for a cert well over 2 months ago and the database is still showing "being checked by Fido staff".
    I appreciate there's probably a large backlog, and lots of new chips being registered with the new legislation in force so I just have to be patient, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same wait time?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Dawney wrote: »
    has anyone else had a big delay in Fido confirming details and sending their cert? I applied for a cert well over 2 months ago and the database is still showing "being checked by Fido staff".
    I appreciate there's probably a large backlog, and lots of new chips being registered with the new legislation in force so I just have to be patient, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same wait time?

Thanks.

Is there a number you can ring? I think I was only waiting about 4 working days for the whole process from checking to posting! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dawney

Thanks for reply ShaShaBear,

Fido doesn't seem to have a publicly available number :( . Can I ask when you applied for yours? I've just looked there and I applied 01/09 (so not quite the 2 months as I thought!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Email them.
    I applied for mine on the 21st September and had it within a week and a half.

I found them very prompt to reply to email.

I was just thinking I'd have to be patient, so I'm glad I checked here. Will email them now and hopefully whatever the issue is it'll be resolved soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Dawney wrote: »
    Thanks for reply ShaShaBear,

Fido doesn't seem to have a publicly available number :( . Can I ask when you applied for yours? I've just looked there and I applied 01/09 (so not quite the 2 months as I thought!).

I applied on the 4th of September (a Friday) and had it on the following Thursday morning I believe. It was late that night when I put in my details to be checked, got the approval on Monday to pay for it.

• Advertisement

I got mine very recently after just under a months wait. It was my vet that sent it off so I don't know how prompt they were in posting it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Took about a week and a half to get ours, I think.

Got a reply today from my email to Fido. They didn't seem to know why it was taking so long so perhaps just a glitch.

Cert details now confirmed and hopefully will have it in the next few days. :) thanks for the replies!

Advertisement