Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple ID help needed

• 25-10-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Ok I'll try to explain clearly....

We have iPhone 4, iPhone 5, ipod touch, ipad mini all connected to one Apple account
    I recently changed the ID to a different, more regularly used email (gmail)address (it was on an eircom email address). I had sorted it on all devices except iPhone 4 as it wasn't obvious how to sign out and sign in on the new email.

I figured out I had to delete account and set up again on that phone. Problem was it wouldn't let me without a password to allow deletion of FindMyPhone. But the old email appearing no longer had a password.

I googled for a solution. To log in to Manage ID on pc, change email back to old one so that I could delete on the iPhone 4 and then change back to the new email. Sounded easy so I changed email back to old one.

I might have keyed in incorrectly as now Neither email is working on any of the devices and when I try to give details on the apple website to locate the correct ID it is not recognising. I have logged a case and will phone tomorrow but I was hoping somebody might know what happened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I am a little confused but anyway....

Can you not log into the eircom account and reset the apple id password? Then use that password to remove it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

This is a little muddled, there are a number of points you're not clear on; I'm not sure what you're saying as regards the 4s, how wasn't it obvious? It's the same on all devices. Did yo request your old password sent to the original address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I think I know what you mean and I had the same problem recently. I couldn't find any solution online either and it's a bit of a pain but this is how I fixed it.

You have to change your Apple ID back to the email address that it previously was. That'll let you be able to log out of whatever phone is stuck with the old email address. Once you've done that you need to sign everything out, every iPod iPhone etc. Then update Apple ID to your new address and then sign it to all of them with the new address.

Advertisement