Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mix Bag Comp Interest?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is a mixed bag competition going ahead this year would love to do it again with this year being my first season to have a shotgun!Anyone else interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

1shot16 wrote: »
    Just wondering is a mixed bag competition going ahead this year would love to do it again with this year being my first season to have a shotgun!Anyone else interested?
    Already asked this back in august and in a way there's no point. Plenty of people put their name down with only a few actually entering any entries.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I posted this nearly two months ago.

Having had two months to think about it i have had a change of mind and decided instead of ruining it for everyone that i'll simply exclude those that have caused the trouble so far.

So if anyone interested wants one post their interest here and if there are enough to warrant a comp i'll start one. However before you post know this:
    • The list of entrants will be my decision and will be final. This means regardless of how many post here i'll choose who will be entered. Anyone not entered will have their post removed from this thread (i'm not out to embarrass or highlight anyone)
    • I'll decide on the quarry and there will be no debate about the amount or species.
    • Anyone that caused problems last year will not be counted so please don't make it awkward by posting your interest here
    • Anyone that joined up last year and never posted AT ALL will not be included this year so again please don't make it awkward by posting your interest for me to have to refuse you.
    • There will be no other comp, just the mixed bag one.
    • Any entries/posts to the comp thread that i deem to be fake will be removed/not counted.
    • My decision is final
    • Anyone that misses more than 2 entry weeks in a row (without posting their continued interest in taking part) will be assumed to no longer be taking part and removed from the comp.
    • Any entries that don't have:
      1. Picture of the gun
      2. Picture of the animal with the gun
      3. Date and username will NOT be counted no matter the reason given. No exceptions.
    • It'll run from November 1st to Feb 28th (2016).
    • There will be a set number of entrants, but i'll base it on the amount of posts here.
    • this thread will be open from now until November 6th at 23:59. At this point the comp will be a week old and no more entrants will be considered.

This seems fairly harsh but for the entrants it'll have no bearing on the comp. IOW i'm the one that will deal with the above issues. All that those entering have to do is shoot and enjoy the craic.

Hopefully that will sort out the crap and within a year or two we'll be back to normal service.

Lastly, if i don't get enough between now and the 6th November then any comp i intend to run will not go ahead and if someone else wants to organise one based on the posts here then they can fire away.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Ye im in anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭merv35

I'm game for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Count me in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

Il have another go if it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shotie

im in if it goes a head

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Stick me in too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Sorry for the obvious question. But what are people signing up for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

i will chance it again anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BOSCO27

New to boards but ill have a go - once i get enough posts to put up photos

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shotie

bumping this up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I haven't forgotten about the thread. But with 9 names originally, then posts being removed (people changing their minds, and a PM or two to say to ignore their interest, it's not looking good.

Still i'll let it run till this Saturday and then make a choice. If i don't run it, someone else can feel free to with the few lads that want to.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Buggs

+1
    I'll have a go

Advertisement