Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best place to get a pre-built gaming PC online?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello, I am thinking of getting a fairly high-end PC gaming PC online an i'm not really sure about building it myself.

However I heard you can get places to build it for you. Basically i'd be looking go get a GTX 980-TI and a i7 processor. (I heard Fallout 4 has an i7 processor as a recommended requirement.)

What is the best place to get a pre-built gaming PC? I heard Alienware is very expensive compred to the rest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you've any boardsie near you I'd say most would do it no bother.

A 970 will be more than enough for Fallout 4, along with an i3, not a chance it'll take an i7 to run it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Where are you OP, if you are anywhere in the midlands I'd help you out no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If give your general location a boards user might oblige. I know I would if you were within cheap distance.
    Basically i'd be looking go get a GTX 980-TI and a i7 processor. (I heard Fallout 4 has an i7 processor as a recommended requirement.)

Off topic a bit but the reccomended specifications for almost every game these days are bloated beyond reason. There's been games with reccomended specs as needing the latest intel i7 range CPUs that run exactly the same on i3 range or games that say they need X many cores but don't even utilise them all when people have performed benchmarks. I'd suggest you tone down your CPU to save a bit of money if it's all for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

yea i think even the most well coded multi core utilizing games only use 2-4 threads. i5 K series seems to be the sweet spot for most gamers from what i can see. only benefit to an i7 for gamers is if you plan on streaming.

i5 6600K is what id go for if i was gonna pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Youre going to save a bucket load of cash by building it yourself (or getting someone to do it for you from here). There's a specific boards forum for pc building and it's very good. I built my pc there a couple years ago and it still runs everything on ultra. I also built it myself with no experience using the Newegg YouTube video which again is very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moved to Pc Building & Upgrading

Hardwareversand also pre-build your machine for €20. Only thing you need to do is connect the cooler iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Youre going to save a bucket load of cash by building it yourself (or getting someone to do it for you from here). There's a specific boards forum for pc building and it's very good. I built my pc there a couple years ago and it still runs everything on ultra. I also built it myself with no experience using the Newegg YouTube video which again is very good.

That's really a myth based on prices you see in PC World and the like.

There are plenty of online retailers that offer decent PC's that are just €50-75 more expensive than building it yourself with genuine windows.

I'd always prefer building of course but there is good value in pre-builts if you know where to look.

Of course, I'm talking about the GTX950/960 class machines. A 980ti is a ridiculous baseline to set yourself unless you were also willing to spend 500 extra on a decent 4K monitor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

That's really a myth based on prices you see in PC World and the like.

There are plenty of online retailers that offer decent PC's that are just €50-75 more expensive than building it yourself with genuine windows.

I'd always prefer building of course but there is good value in pre-builts if you know where to look.

Of course, I'm talking about the GTX950/960 class machines. A 980ti is a ridiculous baseline to set yourself unless you were also willing to spend 500 extra on a decent 4K monitor as well.

Out of curiosity what websites do you think offer the best pre built systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

A friend of mine got a good Christmas deal from CyberpowerUK, (gave him the K series i5 over the non-K and a free Wifi-card) and had no issues, so I would recommend them. Their customer support is excellent and very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Kiith wrote: »
    Moved to Pc Building & Upgrading

Hardwareversand also pre-build your machine for €20. Only thing you need to do is connect the cooler iirc.

Might be a bit wary on Hardwareversand although I ordered and built mine off parts from there 2 years ago with no issue! Followed instructions from a YouTube video. Easy as lego!

Advertisement