Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What hearing must I have?

• 25-10-2015 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I understand deaf people aren't allowed to join, I have a slight hearing loss, nothing too major. I was wondering what the rules are on this? Is there a certain decibel one must be over?

I've been browsing the military.ie website and couldn't find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Not gonna lie it's not looking good. Mine is pretty good but failed mine first time around. Contact the recruitment office, see if they can help. Diagnostic Audiology Clinic in Dublin might have the info you require, or at least may know the industry standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Hearing
    A good standard of unaided hearing is essential. Candidates will be required to undergo an audiometric test at which:
    (1) The sum of the hearing threshold at 1,2,3, 4 and 6 kHz should not exceed the age and gender related warning levels contained in the
    "Guidelines on Hearing Checks and Audiometry Regulations 2007", issued by the Health and Safety Authority.
    (2) Candidates under 25 years of age must be able to hear all measured pure tones up to and including 8kHz at 20dB in each ear. Candidates
    aged 25 and older must be able to hear all measured pure tones up to and including 8kHz at 25dB in each ear. Candidates must also be free
    from acute or chronic ear disorders.

Advertisement