Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland Vs Newcastle Utd

• 25-10-2015 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

One nil to Sunderland at half time. An Adam Johnson penalty after Coloccini fouled Fletcher and was sent off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can't believe he sent him off . I always thought this ref wasn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lee Cattermole will have to kill someone to get a yellow here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

can't see Sunderland holding on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

#McClarenOut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

In a mad stat, Sam Allardyce is the fourth Sunderland manager in a row now to face Newcastle in his second game in charge. Like the previous three, he seems on course to win it as well.

Billy Jones with he second goal. He sounds as if he should have been playing for Sunderland in the 1940s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's been a couple of similar obstruction/shoulder incidents in the second half, none given. Big miss by Mitrovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Unlucky from AJ there; nearly three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

#McClarenOut

sackmclaren.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's a lovely goal. Newcastle ripped apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Newcastle hammered

• Advertisement

• Some goal there by Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Saipanne wrote: »
    sackmclaren.com

Stop that carry on. We're over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Too easy for Sunderland there. If Kaboul can clock up an assist against you, you've got problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6 (SIX) in a row! It's almost getting boring now. :pac:

• That_guy at the match?
    Would like to know your thoughts bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If ever a scoreline didn't tell the full story it's this one. Ref really handed them the victory at HT and we just never recovered.

We were so dominant in the first half. Probably the best passages of play I've seen us play in quite some time.

Of course, the old Newcastle crept in at the worst possible time.

Conceding from set pieces, getting caught out at the back.

And that was all Sunderland had in truth.

Ref annoyed the shít out of me but I can't blame him fully for the defeat. As incompetent as he was, we were on par.

I'm just sick tbh. The fact that we actually looked to turn up in the derby for the first time in years and that's what happens is tough to take.

One step forward, two miles back for us right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just saw the sending off.

A pathetic decision. Barely a fúcking foul.

Bobby Madley is a diabolical referee. Always is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It was a definite penalty IMO but not a red card. Madley is horrific though, I was worried when I saw he was refereeing it that he'd make a mess of it. Mark Halsey on Twitter even made a comment during the week that he felt he was far too inexperienced for this type of game.

Newcastle against Sunderland over the last few years reminds me of Sunderland against literally everyone else over the same period - if they concede the first goal they fall apart and it's game over.

Advertisement