Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consensual and receivership?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

I've tried looking this up online and had no joy, but I am a newbie in all this so maybe missed it.

Can anyone tell me is there a difference between a consensual sale and receivership? Thanks ..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

A consensual sale is where the owner sells the house with the mortgaging bank agreeing. The house will be in mortgage arrears and most likely negative equity.
    In a receivership sale, the lender has appointed a receiver (usually an accountant) who takes possession of the property and sells it. The owner is not involved.

In either sale the owner remains liable to the bank for the shortfall if the property does not sell for at least the amount owed (including fees and charges). In a consensual sale the owner may well be able to get a higher price because he can give a better title and will be presenting the property. The owner may also be able to do a deal on the shortfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would seek legal advice before making any decision on a consensual sale.

Advertisement