Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for light enough base layer?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey I am looking for a light enough base layer to run in. Mainly doing 5km/10km up to half marathon but need something for winter for mainly 5km/10km distance. I find some of the compression ones not great (previously used Canterbury ones) and dont want anything heavy just a nice lightweight one as get warm enough once get a few kms in .

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

chris85 wrote: »
    Hey I am looking for a light enough base layer to run in. Mainly doing 5km/10km up to half marathon but need something for winter for mainly 5km/10km distance. I find some of the compression ones not great (previously used Canterbury ones) and dont want anything heavy just a nice lightweight one as get warm enough once get a few kms in .

Any recommendations?

Compression sleeves could work well with a technical tshirt. Use these for cold days in sessions where I know I will overheat as the session goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Try Amazon for Ron Hill base fleece, I bought the 200 and 300 1/4 zip, really nice fit and good wicking. I did not get a 100 as thought it would be too light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Compression sleeves could work well with a technical tshirt. Use these for cold days in sessions where I know I will overheat as the session goes on.

That could work but some days just a bit cold on the body too so hoping a good lightweight base layer would work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Try underarmour sleeveless compression tops. They are the lighter ones and being sleeveless allows mush more breathability than t-shirt versions. I've found them great so far.

Advertisement