Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgard Market

Options
  • 25-10-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was at this market today and saw some furniture couches, chairs that kind of thing. Has anyone been here before ? I'm thinking of buying a chair and would like to know if they are trustworthy and if there products and garuntees are worth anything ?

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've been once or twice; certain things are good value but I bought some handbags before and they fell apart after a while, but I wasn't expecting much from the pittance I paid from them.

I wouldn't put a lot of money into anything major at the market, to be honest.
    It's mostly bric-a-brac, foods, trinkets, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Realistically, a guarantee from someone selling at a market is worthless beyond their goodwill. Which means that if something goes wrong and they refuse to honour the guarantee, you're screwed. A person selling from a bricks and mortar store can be sued and if you take them to court, win an award and they refuse to pay, you can ultimately send in the sheriff to seize goods in default. You obviously can't do that to someone who is effectively selling out of a van at a market and who at the end of the day disappears into the mist.

Caveat emptor.

Advertisement