Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Guide for Newcomers

Options
  • 25-10-2015 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi!

In several of the abroad sections, there tends to be multi-user guides on living in the country. Covering the job market and business culture, shopping tips, bank, mobile phone and other consumer tips, accommodation etc. Also people tend to link useful sites etc. I've added lots of tips in other sections and it tends to work well. It also reduces duplicate questions.

London is big enough and dominant enough a place it would surely benefit from a dedicated section within the UK.

Anyone feel like getting the ball rolling? Even a few lines would help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi!

In several of the abroad sections, there tends to be multi-user guides on living in the country. Covering the job market and business culture, shopping tips, bank, mobile phone and other consumer tips, accommodation etc. Also people tend to link useful sites etc. I've added lots of tips in other sections and it tends to work well. It also reduces duplicate questions.

London is big enough and dominant enough a place it would surely benefit from a dedicated section within the UK.

Anyone feel like getting the ball rolling? Even a few lines would help.

There is an existing subforum for London, which has a FAQ thread and an ongoing Moving to London Questions thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Thanks Fysh! :) The FAQ thread you created is exactly the kind of detail (and order!) I'm looking for. It's a shame it's locked though. In the Australia/Canada sections, people do genuinely stick to the point and update with new ideas on mobile phones/banks/groceries etc. (e.g. here and here). It stays current too.

The other merged thread (a couple of years worth) is harder to navigate and find specific info. I'd imagine topics get repeated.

Great work on the FAQ though...quite a contribution.

Advertisement