Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what size socks for my 1 year old??

Options
  • 25-10-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I was about to buy socks online and they are all in shoe sizes. I was expecting to get 12-18months. What's the equivalent? My fella is still in some 6-12month socks but needs new ones so was going to go up a size now. And where can you get those ones with the little non slip pads on the soles ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

73trix wrote: »
    I was about to buy socks online and they are all in shoe sizes. I was expecting to get 12-18months. What's the equivalent? My fella is still in some 6-12month socks but needs new ones so was going to go up a size now. And where can you get those ones with the little non slip pads on the soles ?

Penneys do the non slip ones

As to size, it's tough to know. My friend worked in kids shoes years ago and she said a rough guide was their age plus 4, having said that both of mine have interited my big feet! My youngest was in size 4 at 1 year

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

You're probably better off just getting the feet measured, then you will no for sure, my 22 month old was a size 6 at 12 months, couldn't even get pre walkers for his big boats, he's now a size 8. I would say by 12 months you could get away with size 4-6 socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Size 3-5.5 socks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

at 12 months my lot were all a shoe size 3-4.5 so 3-5.5 should be good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

I think Mothercare have socks sized by age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

I would suggest socks around a size 4 or go into one of the shoe shops and get his feet measured. Our 8 month old is in a size 3 and a half. Pennys pre walkers are lovely and a good sole on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Penny's socks with the grips are good. Dunnes ones are good too. Size 3-5 should do you. They shrink in the wash anyway if they start out slightly on the longer side

Advertisement