Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I so hate apple can some please help me

Options
  • 25-10-2015 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Guys my wife got my daughter an apple Ipad and I HATE IT, have been trying to put cartoons and movie on it for her since 8am. I personally hate apple.

I have searched all of youtube and google and there are many sites claiming to be able to do it but when i try all their ways I get nothing but a peed off headache.

when i try to sync the iPad I see no apps on iTunes but i have apps, the music is the only thing this stupid piece of crap.

please for the love of sanity can anyone help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You're trying to download movies to have on the iPad to play offline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You're trying to download movies to have on the iPad to play offline?

I have some Disney movies on my PC and I want them to go on to her iPad yes, we are not always in a WiFi area so she would like something to watch during long drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

The movies have to be on iTunes account to transfer to iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

What format are the movies in, and are they in your iTunes application?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The movies have to be on iTunes account to transfer to iPad.

No they don't. They just have to be in the right format. Guessing the op's Disney movies are in .avi/.mkv or etc. iPad doesn't play these formats, they need to be converted into a format that the iPad can play .mp4, .mov and .m4v for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

Ok, you need to get an app called Cinexplayer or Goodplayer.

Then hook the iPad to the computer (via USB OR WIFI) open iTunes>IPad>apps>Cinexplayer. Scroll down and you will see the screen where you can add the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Install AcePlayer on the ipad, open it, and make a folder called; Movies

Buy iExplorer, install it, and connect your iPad up. Copy your movies into the Movies folder in the AcePlayer folder, and you'll be grand. AcePlayer plays everything I throw at it.

So far I have done the following:
    • I downloaded a number of players onto the iPad using the iPad it self, when I go to iTunes on the PC I can't see the apps, I can't see any apps that are on the iPad device its self.
    • I downloaded a number of players on to iTunes and that doesn't work
    • All my movies are .mp4 format but I do have a few mkvs/avis

why is it so hard to transfer a movie? it only takes seconds on my Samsung tab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

tonyheaney wrote: »
    why is it so hard to transfer a movie? it only takes seconds on my Samsung tab

Because Apple are cnuts

• Advertisement

steppen wrote: »
    Ok, you need to get an app called Cinexplayer or Goodplayer.

Then hook the iPad to the computer (via USB OR WIFI) open iTunes>IPad>apps>Cinexplayer. Scroll down and you will see the screen where you can add the movies.

Cinexplayer I can't find this on iTunes

Goodplayer I can't find a free version,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 New Ice Age

Anyone else get the feeling the inability has more do with the OP and less to do with Apple?! 13 hours to get a movie onto a iPad!

Anyone else get the feeling the inability has more do with the OP and less to do with Apple?! 13 hours to get a movie onto a iPad!

So what if it is my inability mate, I am an android user, unfamiliar with apple.

I went to google (as you lot have given out to me in the past for not doing, including one mod who locked a thread coz I didn't go to google first)

Soo here I am and in-between life stuff I have given boards a wide birth of 12 hours and now that I have I'm here to find constructive help not criticism thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

To be fair, something like transferring a movie should be simple and intuitive regardless of a person's experience. It sounds not to be the case.

I personally find iTunes to be a fairly awkward piece of software wrapped up in a nicely designed UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm with op. Apple products are a pain in the ass to use because they don't just want to sell you a product they want to own you. No easy way to do anything without spending a fortune on their crap.

To be fair, something like transferring a movie should be simple and intuitive regardless of a person's experience. It sounds not to be the case.

I personally find iTunes to be a fairly awkward piece of software wrapped up in a nicely designed UI.

and to be even fairer If it was simple I'd have it done by now but I don't so it isn't it, I'd love to see you come down to the surgery and tinker around with a few patients nd tell me how easily that was, I won't because you never did so you don't know how.

so without sounding too rude here ifs so easy tell me how,

all in all I do agree with you
    I too personally find iTunes to be awkward piece of software wrapped up in a nicely designed UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Download a program called handbrake amd convert the videos to ipad format then try copy over to Itunes and synch

durtybit wrote: »
    Download a program called handbrake and convert the videos to iPad format then try copy over to Itunes and synch

there in .mp4 format so it should have worked

the other issue is the iTunes isn't picking up anything the iPad has such as apps and games

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

there in .mp4 format so it should have worked

the other issue is the iTunes isn't picking up anything the iPad has such as apps and games

Make sure its the latest ipad and ipad is on latest firmware with updates

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

movies are in .avi/.mkv or etc. iPad doesn't play these formats

LOL :D

And people still buy them? And pay way over the top for what they are getting? I still can't get my head around that.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    LOL :D

And people still buy them? And pay way over the top for what they are getting? I still can't get my head around that.

Ohh don't get me started. It was a gift or more of an incentive from a firm asking us to join with them.

I am an android lover HOWEVER when I said I would love to see an Android / Apple hybrid I didn't think they would actually go and do it. The Samsung 6 and all others with non-detachable batteries and no external storage space??????? what's that about??????????? that's the completely wrong direction FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There are many ways to do it.
    Copytrans is easy enough.

Or if you're sick of trying 3rd party software, you could create a free Mega account (50GB Storage)
    Upload the videos you own to that, and install the Mega App onto your iPad via iTunes.

Download the Movies through that.

Allyall wrote: »
    There are many ways to do it.
    Copytrans is easy enough.

Or if you're sick of trying 3rd party software, you could create a free Mega account (50GB Storage)
    Upload the videos you own to that, and install the Mega App onto your iPad via iTunes.

Download the Movies through that.

ill give that a try and let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You can't see your apps when you open iTunes?
    Scroll down to the bottom of iTunes , you should be able to see them then.

On that note, what's the android equivalent of an iPad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

My guess is that this thread isn't meant to be answered. Starting a thread saying you hate apple isn't going to attract Apple users who could answer the question but the "Apple sucks,mkay" geniuses.

seachto7 wrote: »
    You can't see your apps when you open iTunes?
    Scroll down to the bottom of iTunes , you should be able to see them then.

On that note, what's the android equivalent of an iPad

the new S6 No removable battery no external storage

regarding iTunes the pic below shows the main page but i can find a way to get anything on in the traditional way: jre9ty.png

My guess is that this thread isn't meant to be answered. Starting a thread saying you hate apple isn't going to attract Apple users who could answer the question but the "Apple sucks,mkay" geniuses.

its getting enough thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

and to be even fairer If it was simple I'd have it done by now but I don't so it isn't it, I'd love to see you come down to the surgery and tinker around with a few patients nd tell me how easily that was, I won't because you never did so you don't know how.

so without sounding too rude here ifs so easy tell me how,

all in all I do agree with you

I think you misunderstood me. I said should be simple and intuitive. It obviously isn't so that's Apple's fault not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

I think you misunderstood me. I said should be simple and intuitive. It obviously isn't so that's Apple's fault not yours.

Ive never had a problem adding something to my iPad or iPhone. Add it to iTunes I believe you click FILE and add document then once it's in iTunes sync the iPad and it will be in your movies app. Simple.

• Advertisement

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Ive never had a problem adding something to my iPad or iPhone. Add it to iTunes I believe you click FILE and add document then once it's in iTunes sync the iPad and it will be in your movies app. Simple.

not for my little ones its a fcukin crap imitation of android imho

Advertisement