Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I so hate apple can some please help me

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

tonyheaney wrote: »
    not for my little ones its a fcukin crap imitation of android imho

HAHA yeah Apple was first and it's the imitation.

You can't figure out how to put a movie onto an iPad, it's as simple as adding it to iTunes and syncing iTunes with your iPad. You just go into
    FILE
    add file
    Add the movie
    Sync iTunes with the iPad.

You're done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Allyall wrote: »
    There are many ways to do it.
    Copytrans is easy enough.

Or if you're sick of trying 3rd party software, you could create a free Mega account (50GB Storage)
    Upload the videos you own to that, and install the Mega App onto your iPad via iTunes.

Download the Movies through that.

Allyall I downloaded and transferred all went ok but when I press play on the online and the offline nothing happens. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Web Graphic Designer

I'd agree iTunes is the largest pile of cråp ever wrapped up in an interface and called software.

I run Mac & PC, each have their own plus points equally, but iTunes is clumsy lame junk on either. The next iPads would want to have MicroSD sockets, else I'll also be on Android soonish.

Anyways... check your iPad can actually handle full HD movies,
    - if it's an older model e.g. v1/2, it may stall with full (1920) sizes.

Both that Cinex' & VLC Apps (both free) will play most formats on the iPad.
    You need to drag the movies into the listings under each specific app though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

unkel wrote: »
    LOL :D

And people still buy them? And pay way over the top for what they are getting? I still can't get my head around that.

Different strokes and all that.

Just trying to help the OP out. The file formats weren't mentioned in his post and it's a common trip up point.

It's well known that Apple iOS devices out of the box can play certain formats only. Just like it's well known that android is the more open of platform. You can get 3rd party apps to help.

It's funny how this thread has become more about android vs iOS than solving the actual problem.

Also the OP seems to have a real angry undertone in his posts, If any piece of tech made me like that especially if I had kids, I'd hand myself in.

Truth of the matter this is a simple problem, that can be solved easily. OP probably would have this solved now if it was in the Apple devices forum, lot less bitching and vitriol would happen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I work as a engineer and find apple products to be a pain in the ass.

If I want to transfer a movie from one pc to another it's so easy, from a pc to an ipad not so easy, in fact a pain in the ass.
    I got rid of all my apply products and now use laptops and S6 phone, easy to use.

Itunes is a pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

GrayFox208 wrote: »

Android has been in development since 2003. It's a moot point anyway, neither of the OS's resemble the early iterations now.

I do giggle every year after the new IOS is announced and I get to see what new revolutionary features IOS has that I have been enjoying for years already on other operating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

You can't figure out how to put a movie onto an iPad, it's as simple as adding it to iTunes and syncing iTunes with your iPad. You just go into
    FILE
    add file
    Add the movie

You're done.

Does a file not need to be a certain format to be imported into iTunes. Serious question. That used to be the case. Have they fixed that now?

When the first iPhone came out I had an old Windows Phone (an O2 Mini). To get an AVI onto that all I had to do was copy it to an SD card an pop it into the phone. No converting or extra apps. About 10 years later and Apple still make it convoluted, and people still think that's grand.
    Apple was nowhere near the first. Windows Phone is still crap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Comes into thread - sees the usual fandroid types seething, absolutely seething - backs out of thread slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Jesus I had no idea this sh1t was still going on with Apple. Why are they so reluctant to have their products show up as storage devices when connected to a computer? You might want to jailbreak the Ipad as a long term solution OP

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Arciphel wrote: »
    Comes into thread - sees the usual fandroid types seething, absolutely seething - backs out of thread slowly.

Why not add a defence on Apples behalf so these Fandroids can see that Apple is superior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Connect your iPad and PC together, sync the two of them, if they're not synced they wont allow a transfer. After the sync disconnect the iPad snd download VLC player onto the iPad, reconnect it and syc again, will only take 30 seconds the second time. When synced, in the top left corner menu find apllications, click on it, move over to the right side of the screen and scroll down to the bottom, down there there will be a VLC icon, click on it and it will reveal a little box, in the box it will have Add File, click on that and you can search your computer for the file you want, once found click on the file and it will start transferring, itcan be in any file type too, not just .mp4. After its transferred l, disconnect everything, open the VLC app on the iPad and the videos will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

To be fair, something like transferring a movie should be simple and intuitive regardless of a person's experience. It sounds not to be the case.

I personally find iTunes to be a fairly awkward piece of software wrapped up in a nicely designed UI.

I agree - Apple are popular with non-technical people, but their software products such as iTunes and Safari are a nightmare and do not work well with other platforms.

I cannot post a link (because boards, like Apple, does not work well with other platforms) but I was seeing useful stuff when I googled "how to transfer a movie from pc to ipad". If all else fails there a a suite of free conversion tools by dvdvideosoft which are great provided you avoid the annoying trap of installing unnecessary browsers etc on your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

whatever_ wrote: »
    I cannot post a link (because boards, like Apple, does not work well with other platforms)

You cannot post a link because you have less than 50 posts, nothing to do with the platform you are using

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

OP, one way i found really easy to transfer was to ensure that all files are firstly MP4s, then create a new playlist, and put them all into that playlist.
    When you've connected the ipad, select the "sync playlists" and make sure that playlist is selected and then sync.
    Once it's finishes syncing, they should be there for you in that playlist when your ipad is offline, if that makes sense?
    Using Apple & Mac for the last 7/8yrs and it seems that each year they get more frustrating and less intuitive as times goes by-itunes especially!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

By far the esiest way to watch things on your ipad is to use VLC.

Download the VLC app, it's free.
    All you need to do is plug your ipad into your pc/laptop and launch itunes. when that opens up hit the apps tab on the top. On the left side of the screen you'll see the apps you have installed, click on VLC and that'll let you drag any shows you want to watch onto the ipad.
    Wait for it to sync up, disconnect and when you open the VLC app you'll see all of the content you put on it.

There's a lot less messing around with file formats etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Allyall I downloaded and transferred all went ok but when I press play on the online and the offline nothing happens. Any ideas?
    I agree with KeithTS above, VLC should play anything you throw at it.

While your files may be MP4, they may contain an unrecognised codec.
    MP4 is just the container, it can hold many different audio/video codecs.

Did you use Copytrans Manager? That should have converted it to the correct format for iPad, or as mentioned, handbrake.

Without mentioning a lot of different software:
    Copytrans Manager -> Transfer Direct while connected to PC.
    HandBrake + Mega -> Convert and share via Mega Cloud Storage.

You could try with a small video sample first and check the settings.
    You can find samples for testing here - http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

have been using copytrans a while now. nice little program. very simple and basic.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Can we stick to the topic please folks. No Google vs apple vs Microsoft etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

FILE
    add file
    Add the movie

You're done.

i did all that but its not adding any files

FILE
    add file
    Add the movie
    wont Sync iTunes with the iPad.

not simple

Advertisement