Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone 4s unlocking code

• 25-10-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Little brother has I phone 4s with Vodafone and changed to 48 network last week however never realised his phone was locked and Vodafone wouldn't unlock it for him as he hadn't topped up the required amount over last 6 months. Quoted 50-60euro to get it unlocked in shops here. Where is cheapest place to get such codes. See £18 on eBay which is cheapest I have seen but appreciate if anyone could post their recommendations if they have any. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

mjp wrote: »
    Little brother has I phone 4s with Vodafone and changed to 48 network last week however never realised his phone was locked and Vodafone wouldn't unlock it for him as he hadn't topped up the required amount over last 6 months. Quoted 50-60euro to get it unlocked in shops here. Where is cheapest place to get such codes. See £18 on eBay which is cheapest I have seen but appreciate if anyone could post their recommendations if they have any. Thanks

irish unlock . com is great. But iPhone doesn't get unlocked with a code, he'll need to wait for an email to say it's ready then do a full restore through iTunes which basically wipes the phone completely and reinstalls the software. No other way of doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's no need to restore to unlock. I have got Vodafone iPhones unlocked with my bill pay account and they unlocked without any connection to iTunes. It was connected to wifi with a different sim in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

mjp wrote: »

I used the eBay method. Was unlocked in a couple of days. That's his best option.

Advertisement