Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Premier League Betting

Comments

The Everton game could still make this an ok weekend. Won't be cashing out.

Everton could have scored 4 or 5 on their own. Can't believe that game finished with 2 goals having watched all of it.

Arsenal and Spurs playing two of the worst teams so an Asian -1 double is happening @ 2/1.

Also,

Over 2.5 goals - Everton game

Under 2.5 goals - the Sunderland, West Ham and Leicester games.

Acca pays 9.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there an update here on your profit/loss or anything?

Nah. Wasn't my intention starting this thread.

I don't know anything about football outside of the Premiership and as the other thread is full of football from all over the world I didn't want to be gambling on footy I didn't know about.

I was hoping more people would chip in on this thread as it's dedicated solely to the Premiership. Would've been great to see other peoples take on the matches but it hasn't really taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

They key to the Prem this year is, whatever you think will happen, then back the opposite.

But we can continue to try crack it!

Southampton v Spurs: Although Spurs have won 5 of the last 6 meetings, i see them more evenly matched this season. A real mixed bag from both of them this season. I fancy a scrappy draw(11/5) in this one. 1-1(11/2) to be exact.

Stoke v Palace: Not much opinion on this other than I expect very few goals. Under 2.5(8/13) will be the likely outcome. Stoke have only had overs in 3 of their 16 games so far.

West Brom v Bournemouth: Like the chances of BTTS(4/5) in this. Both have scored at least 1 in their last 4 games. Bournemouth obviously going to be flying having beaten Chelsea and United but West Brom have had two decent results with draws against Spurs and Liverpool.

Chelsea v Sunderland: Anyones guess what happens next for Chelsea. Has to be a Chelsea win(1/3)...but wouldnt be a betting opportunity for me anyway.

Everton v Leicester: Could be a cracking game this one. Both games finished 2-2 last season and a similar result wouldn't be a surprise. Over 2.5(4/6) will likely be the bet, possibly over 3.5 (13/8)

Man Utd v Norwich: Uniteds downward spiral continues also(United fan here) but this may be a game to put a halt to the poor run of results. I do expect United to at least concede one so I reckon United win and Over 2.5 goals in the game(13/10) has a good chance of copping.

Newcastle v Aston Villa: Newcastle on the up, Villa the worst team in the league by miles. Newcastle win(19/20)

Watford v Liverpool: Liverpool could struggle here again. Watford have 3 wins on the bounce, albeit against not great opposition but they are an improving side. BTTS (4/5) looks reasonable. Difficult one to pick a winner as you dont know what Liverpool you will get. Watford DNB(7/4) looks decent if you expect Liverpool to struggle.

Swansea v West Ham: No real opinions on this one either. Both teams have fired blanks in 2 of their last 3 games, Under 2.5 (4/6).

Arsenal v Man City: Cracker to finish things off. On current form you would have to see Arsenal edging things. If they are to win, you would expect Giroud to score(13/10 anytime). He has scored in his last 3 including a hattrick in the Champions League. Wenger may choose different tactics on the day so I would wait til the lineups are confirmed before placing the bet.

*All prices in brackets are from Paddy Power.

Good stuff Gdep. I'll follow your format even though I'll only have 1-2 bets.

I really struggled to find any bets this weekend.

I agree with you on some observations though -

Saints v Spurs - low scoring game. Hard to separate them. Agree 1-1 looks likely. - No bet

Stoke v Palace - hard to call. again, low scoring game - no bet

West Brom v Bournemouth - Strongly fancy West Brom especially at 11/8 (6/4 available). Pulis has guided his team through a few tough fixtures losing only 1 of their last 4 games and that was against Arsenal. They have some nice fixtures now and Pulis will be desperate to take advantage. I don't see Bournemouth breaking them down so West Brom to win without conceding @ 3/1 looks great value but I may play it safe and take the 11/8.

Chelsea v Sunderland - no strong opinion. Gun to head I would back Sunderland to win at 8/1 (11/1 available). They have been playing very well and will frustrate Chelsea. They have also been creating good chances and if they take 1 or 2 of those chances then no reason why they can't beat Chelsea. Sunderland 0-1 or 0-2 @ 18/1 and 50/1. - small bet maybe

Everton v Leicester - Would expect a very open game here although I think Leicester would be happy with a 0-0. That said, I don't think the way Everton play would ever allow a 0-0 so an away win here @ 5/2. Everton have featured heavily in my last 3 bets and have disappointed every time. Leicester have a good setup, will be defensively sound and can create chances on the break. Palace are 15/8 away to Stoke but Leicester are 5/2 away to Everton ? Don't understand that at all. Was not going to have a bet on this game but that 5/2 looks very tempting. - not sure if I'm having a bet on this one.

Man U v Norwich - Very strong fancy for home win @ 4/9. Norwich are really struggling to score goals and I don't see anything for them in this game. I watched a lot of Norwich early in the season and Alex Neil must be be really kicking himself for not getting in a striker that scores goals. They have been creating decent chances (especially early season) but Cameron Jerome is just truly awful. - United to win without conceding @ 13/10 looks fantastic value to me.

Newcastle v Villa - Nothing to say here. Gun to head ? - still no bet

Watford v Liverpool - Can't call this. Liverpool maybe better away from home at the minute but Watford continue to surprise (well me anyway) - no bet

Swansea v West Ham - Not rating Swansea at all currently and West Ham have really surprised me with how they have handled some truly unfortunate injuries to key players. West Ham have managed 3 draws recently but have been creating good chances and could have won 1-2 of those games. The onus will be on the Swans to attack and I think West Ham will take them - away win @ 5/2 (3/1 available) or West Ham DC @ 4/5

Arsenal V Man City - Very hard to call. Would have a preference for Arsenal but a draw most likely @ 19/10 - no bet

Bets -

West Brom to win without conceding @ 3/1

Man U to win without conceding @ 13/10

West ham to win away @ 5/2 or DC @ 4/5

Treble pays 31/1.

Less risky treble - with West Ham DC pays 15/1

Safest treble - United to win without conceding @ 13/10, West Brom to win @ 11/8 and West Ham DC at 4/5 pays just under 9/1

Will also have a small bet on Sunderland @ 18/1 and 50/1

All prices bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

\\sg#[

Thanks Klopp. Although I have given opinions on every game, I'd be the same and have 2, maybe 3 bets. This time of year more than anything makes it even worse to try predict results.

United win and over 2.5 - 13/10
    Newcastle win - 19/20
    West Brom/Bournemouth BTTS - 4/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

One bet for me this weekend and it's Over 2.5 goals in the Arsenal-Man City match.

Both of these teams know how to score goals but also how to concede. They are used to opponents putting up a defensive wall against them so it should come as a welcome relief to face opponents who are willing to attack in numbers and leave gaps at the back. I am hoping for an open, attacking game. There are frailties in both defences and both teams have midfielders who are none too keen on tracking back.

Kompany (still!), Fernando and Zabaleta are out for City but Aguero should return. Coquelin is out for Arsenal but Alexis Sanchez should return. It all points to goals! The only fly in the ointment is the 2 excellent 'keepers but I hope to see them beaten at least 3 or 4 times. I expected something like a best-price 4/6 for the overs so to be able to back it @ 1.80 on BF was a delightful surprise. I have had my biggest bet for 3 months.

• Advertisement

Hope this works out for you. My first thoughts in this game were draw.

Last 5 years this fixture has finished -

2-2, 1-1, 0-2, 1-0 and 0-1.

City without Kompany = conceding and Cech now in goals for Arsenal has tightened them up somewhat.

I think you will be relying on Arsenal scoring the bulk of the goals here for you.

Last 5 years this fixture has finished -

2-2, 1-1, 0-2, 1-0 and 0-1.

I think you will be relying on Arsenal scoring the bulk of the goals here for you.

I never look at form before the previous season and only then if I think it's relevant.

Arsenal should probably win alright but the way the game is played could suit City - especially if Aguero is sharp on his return. I can certainly see Silva/Sterling/Aguero causing Arsenal problems, especially if Yaya is on a going day. As said, I'm hoping for an open game and, if that was to be the case, I would be very confident on the Overs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

byronbay2 wrote: »
    One bet for me this weekend and it's Over 2.5 goals in the Arsenal-Man City match.

Both of these teams know how to score goals but also how to concede. They are used to opponents putting up a defensive wall against them so it should come as a welcome relief to face opponents who are willing to attack in numbers and leave gaps at the back. I am hoping for an open, attacking game. There are frailties in both defences and both teams have midfielders who are none too keen on tracking back.

Kompany (still!), Fernando and Zabaleta are out for City but Aguero should return. Coquelin is out for Arsenal but Alexis Sanchez should return. It all points to goals! The only fly in the ointment is the 2 excellent 'keepers but I hope to see them beaten at least 3 or 4 times. I expected something like a best-price 4/6 for the overs so to be able to back it @ 1.80 on BF was a delightful surprise. I have had my biggest bet for 3 months.

Maybe look into btts and over 2.5 is available @10/11 on pp as opposed to 4/6 for just straight overs. I'm Sure there are better prices on bf. I find its a better way to get a bit more value, also fancy this bet for Everton game.

Maybe look into btts and over 2.5 is available @10/11 on pp as opposed to 4/6 for just straight overs. I'm Sure there are better prices on bf. I find its a better way to get a bit more value, also fancy this bet for Everton game.

Obviously, you will get a better price on the bet you recommend - but at a cost. A 3-0 (or 4-0 etc.) win for either team now becomes a loser. I prefer to keep it simple and cheer for every goal scored!

What a fûckin crazy season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

5 away winners yesterday, Leceister will fall apart if either Mahrez or Vardy get injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

5 away winners yesterday, Leceister will fall apart if either Mahrez or Vardy get injured

You would think so but think Okazaki could chip in with a few if needed short-term. Great to watch and hopefully they can keep it up a bit longer. Xmas schedule might find them out but let's see. Happy for Ranieri as he was treated like a bit of a clown at Chelsea and was in a lose-lose position when Abramovich came along with his millions

Small bet on 2-2 @ 11/1 in the Arsenal v City game.

First instinct in this game was for a draw so on the basis that things can't really get any worse .....

GAMEWEEK 18

Another week with quite a few fancies. Like a few away teams so may do trebles and an Acca on the following -

Stoke v United - home team @ 9/4

Villa v West Ham - away team @ 7/4

Bournemouth v Palace - away team @ 2/1

Swansea v West Brom - away team @ 3/1

I think Stoke and West Brom represent some really good value.

It looked like a formality at HT but my bum was getting rather squeaky by the time Yaya scored. Arsenal seemed to be in cruise-control mode (Arsene was settling for a comfy 2-0) with City having no answer. Still, a winner is a winner - let the festivities begin!

It's the EPL's most over-rated versus under-rated tomorrow, with Liverpool V Leicester at Anfield. I cannot believe Leicester can be backed at 3/1 and the double chance is virtually even money (you can lay Lpool at 1.98, less the deduction, on BF) - it's a bloody Christmas present!

It's Christmas Day and I've had a few beers so I'm not going to start analysing the match and looking at the stats. Suffice it to say that Leic are top of the table and flying. They are unbeaten for a long time (I think they've lost once this season) and have won 5 of their last 6 (drew with Man City in the other). They beat Chelsea at home and Everton away in their last 2 matches.

Liverpool are a very average mid-table team and have lost 2 and drawn 2 of their last 4 matches (including Europe), including away losses to Newcastle (2-0) and Watford (3-0). There is no reason on earth why they should be odds-on to beat Leicester.

The draw is a big runner here and I am not a greedy man, so I have had a hefty Lay bet on Lpool at the odds quoted above. I would not blame anyone for going for the 3/1 straight win.

• Advertisement

It's hard to disagree with anything you've said Byron. I would much prefer to be laying Liverpool at those odds rather than backing them.

They are so unpredictable currently. This game could finish 3-0 or 0-3 and neither result would surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pool very hot and cold, depends which team show up. One thing is certain, Liverpool will concede, shocking defensive record all season IIRC. Vardy and Mahrez could have a field day if they are up for it. If a tough Pool show up I fancy score draw. Then again as Klopp said, very hard to call. Goals I guess is the safest.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Pool very hot and cold, depends which team show up. One thing is certain, Liverpool will concede, shocking defensive record all season IIRC. Vardy and Mahrez could have a field day if they are up for it. If a tough Pool show up I fancy score draw. Then again as Klopp said, very hard to call. Goals I guess is the safest.

I agree I'm going big on over 2.5 and BTTS at 2.2

Norwich, West Brom and Chelsea.

13/1 treble.

Pot getting very low. Feel a tad unlucky with some results recently so going to try and scale back selections to try and boost the pot again.

Nothing really jumping out except maybe two bets.

Sunderland v's Villa -

strongly fancy a home win here. Sunderland have been playing better than the points they've been receiving and I think Sam knows this is a must win game if they are going to avoid relegation (which i think they will do). 6/4 to win or 11/4 to win without conceding are the bets I'm looking at. This would be absolutely maximum bet material only for the fact that Coates, Kaboul and O' Shea will or might be missing. If one of those were definitely starting the game with Brown then I would be much more confident.

West Brom v's Stoke -

Really don't see much happening here. Both managers would be happy with a point and they will both setup for one. I don't think either team will overcommit even though the onus will be on West Brom but I think, even at home, they tend to look for a clean sheet first and depending on the flow of the game attack accordingly. If there was to be a winner I would have a tiny preference for West Brom but the simple bet here is no goalscorer @ 6/1.

Nothing else appeals this weekend but if I have any joy with the above bets I'll be looking to reinvest and will back Spurs to win away @ 9/5.

Sunderland's victory last week has increased the funds so time to reinvest as I like some of the fixtures midweek.

Bournemouth v's West Ham

Really like West Ham here @ 3.5 and I think that is great value. The Hammers have been very good away from home this season and Bournemouth are likely to go toe-to-toe which will be their undoing. The Hammers have players back while Carroll is scoring and looking fit again. I think they will be much too strong for Bournemouth.

Villa v's Palace

Fairly straight forward here. Palace at 2.5 is not fantastic value but good enough for me to take. Similar to the above really. Good away form and are now playing an awful team. West Ham and Palace are still pushing on for their best Premier league finish they can get so no lack of motivation for Palace here. Chamakh has played recently and will be getting sharper and I expect him to get on the scoresheet here.

Swansea v's Sunderland

No surprise I'm going for Sunderland here at 5.5 and I think that is the best value this midweek. Whatever improvement (not much in my opinion) may have come under the the 'new' boss might have been a bit of a bounce but the true Swansea will be on show again soon. Sunderland will be targeting a win in this game and no reason they won't get it. This will be a Big Sam masterclass. Soak it up and, once Swansea start feeling the pressure from the home-crowd, they will take advantage of any over committed attacking or any defensive mistakes. Defoe will be the most likely to punish when he gets a sniff. 3 points here for Sunderland would move them up to within 1 point of Swansea. I really fancy an away win here.

Doubles and trebles. A single on Sunderland if neither of the other selection win.

Nail on the head there Klopp. Only other small piece of value I can see is Stoke at home at Even money. Considering they have beaten United, City and Chelsea in 3 of their last 4 home games.

Yeah. Didn't realise Stoke were that price. Seems a tad generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Watford DC @ 1.9
    looks good to me
    Watford have only 2 away defeats all season while the Saints have won one of their last 5 home games (although it was against arsenal)

Gdep wrote: »
    Nail on the head there Klopp. Only other small piece of value I can see is Stoke at home at Even money. Considering they have beaten United, City and Chelsea in 3 of their last 4 home games.

The anger has been brewing that I didn't even look at Stoke's odds. I thought they'd be strong odds on favourites. I'm a twàt.

Would have easily went with them evens at home rather than Palace at 6/4 away. Hope Stoke go on and win for ye now.

• Advertisement

Would have been a fantastic midweek if I'd held off my bets and waited for other comments and Villa can **** off with their first win since August.

Gdep pointing out Stoke's odds would have changed my mind on putting Palace in my treble. Fantastic spot Gdep.

The Sunderland and West Ham double gives me a nice reserve for the next 3-4 weeks.

Early weekend thoughts - looks like very few standing out to me.

Thinking Bournemouth can beat Norwich @ 5/6. This looks the best value of the weekend.

Nothing else really. See a few games that are too close to call so might look at a few draws.

Watford could be a small bit of value to beat Swansea @ 9/4. I think West Ham can beat Newcastle but are only @ 15/8. No real value in these two but they are the results I'd expect. Again, I can see Leicester beating Villa but don't think I want to take 5/4.

Of all the possible draws I think Southampton v's West Brom is the most likely @ 5/2.

Any thoughts ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Would have been a fantastic midweek if I'd held off my bets and waited for other comments and Villa can **** off with their first win since August.

Gdep pointing out Stoke's odds would have changed my mind on putting Palace in my treble. Fantastic spot Gdep.

The Sunderland and West Ham double gives me a nice reserve for the next 3-4 weeks.

Thinking Bournemouth can beat Norwich @ 5/6. This looks the best value of the weekend.

Nothing else really. See a few games that are too close to call so might look at a few draws.

Watford could be a small bit of value to beat Swansea @ 9/4. I think West Ham can beat Newcastle but are only @ 15/8. No real value in these two but they are the results I'd expect. Again, I can see Leicester beating Villa but don't think I want to take 5/4.

Of all the possible draws I think Southampton v's West Brom is the most likely @ 5/2.

Any thoughts ?

Looks like a horrible weekend of fixtures from a betting perspective. Couldn't back anything with any confidence(maybe some corner bets). Have you looked in daily thread some good lads on there with corner tips.

Looks like a horrible weekend of fixtures from a betting perspective. Couldn't back anything with any confidence(maybe some corner bets). Have you looked in daily thread some good lads on there with corner tips.

I did dip into that thread, read some good posts, and found myself having a few bets on matches I knew nothing about.

I quickly decided to stick to what I know. The premier league is the only football I watch so it's the only football I want to bet on.

On this weekend, like you've said, some horrible fixtures that look too close to call.

Although Bournemouth really do stand out at those odds. I'll also do some small doubles and trebles in the draw market.

Any thoughts ?

Dont want to sound like a broken record here...but I think ill have a few quid on Stoke again. Arsenal havent beaten them in any of the last 5 games at Stoke, and Stoke even won 3 of them. 16/5 with PP looks a decent price considering how up and down Arsenal are and how strong Stoke are at home.

I see 19/10 on West Ham on PP. Might be tempted if they stay that price or drift a little. Really dont like much else, but Sunderland are so bad away from home(bar last night against 10 men), i might have a squeak at Spurs -1 at Even money.

Small stakes all round though!

Looks like Shaqiri will be missing and Arnautovic could miss out too.

If those two are not playing then chances may be limited.

Looks like Shaqiri will be missing and Arnautovic could miss out too.

If those two are not playing then chances may be limited.

Hadn't even looked at the news, but wouldnt be backing without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd be more confident without Shaqiri really. Gives way for a physical presence like Walters/Crouch which Arsenal notoriously struggled against in the past against Stoke.

Draw in this for me.

Can't ignore the fact I just just don't see any goals in the Southampton v's West Brom game.

Single on no goal scorer @ 7/1.

Nice touch with Bournemouth so I've decided to do a bet that I was wavering on.

Going to do a Liverpool and Watford double at 7.5

I don't back Liverpool very often but I really fancy us in this game. I have seen the progress and a lot of it is mentality. It's hard to believe we could play as well as we have against City, Chelsea and Arsenal but the fact is we have been playing considerably better against the top teams and I think Klopp has the measure of LVG.

Also think 5/2 for a red card in this game is a good bet. I'm not sure if I should have a decent bet in this or not.

I also don't normally bet on Watford's games but I think Swansea stink and Watford will be a very tough game for them. The two boys up front will torture them until they get their goals. The Swams are under huge pressure and it's showing.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to this weekend. Three bets jumped off the page at me and especially at some of the prices. There is a fourth bet but a team that I have been stung by 2-3 times this year so not sure.

Sunderland v Bournemouth -

Can't believe Sunderland are as big as 2/1. Thats just ridiculous for a team at home to relegation candidates. They have beaten Swansea and Villa recently and I can see another victory here.

The team and the manager have seen it all before whereas Bournemouth are still pretty much all about the attacking. Sam knows, to survive, he has to beat the teams around him and they are doing that now. I do fear Bournemouth, especially as they have brought in two new attackers, but I expect Sunderland to be very prepared and very very up for this game. This game is huge for them in terms of avoiding relegation and I think they will have too much experience for Bournemouth.

West Brom v Villa -

Another no brainer for me. No way on earth can I see Villa getting anything here. Not a chance. So the even money about West Brom makes them the value bet of the week.

Talk about chalk and cheese - West Brom are a fantastically well drilled team whereas Villa are about as haphazard as you can get. I know West Brom are not free scoring and that would be my only concern but against Villa they can create 6-8 good chances for the one and only goal they'll need as I can't see Villa threatening their goal. At all. This will be brutal for Villa, maybe not in terms of the score but in terms of being dominated.

Norwich v Liverpool -

No rose tinted glasses here. Liverpool must win to have any chance of top 4 and they are playing a fairly toothless side. The players have had a weeks rest and I can see them destroying Norwich here before half time. They are too unpredictable to have huge faith in but 10/11 is far too big to be ignoring.

I think the safe play here is the first two selections in a double @ 6.3 however I have only done the treble @ 12.28

I have backed it a few times this week because every time I look at those games I can only see one outcome.

I have also done them in a separate Acca with Everton @ 7/10 which pays 20.88

Everton are a team that have hurt me on a few bets this season but I think 7/10 is a really good price against a fairly poor Swansea.

Goalscorer & win combo with above teams -

Firminho
    Rondon
    Defoe
    Lukaku

Yankee done.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭theflipdave

Everton are a team that have hurt me on a few bets this season but I think 7/10 is a really good price against a fairly poor Swansea.

Tell me about it :)

Tell me about it :)

And unfortunately it didn't even matter this time.

Doing a 3.58 Acca for FA cup matches -

The following prem teams -

Colchester v spurs

Arsenal v burnley

Chelsea v mk dons

And surprise surprise

Carlisle v Everton

It's a very lazy Acca but hopeful of a balance boost.

I love to bet against teams playing their third match in a week (or so) and when that team is Liverpool, well, it's time to get the wheelbarrow ready!

After looking awful for 120 mins against Stoke on Tuesday night and facing a very tough FA Cup match at home to West Ham on Saturday, Liverpool go to top-of-the-table Leicester next Tuesday and I really fancy Leicester to beat them.

My biggest loss of the season so far (a very profitable season, it must be said) came on Boxing Day when LPool beat Leic 1-0 at Anfield, one of only 2 losses in Leicester's 23 PL matches this season. I plan to get that money back with interest on Tuesday! Liverpool will be tired, possibly having lost twice this week. Leicester will be fresh, having not played for 10 days since an excellent 3-0 win over Stoke. They will have had 10 days to prepare for the LPool match while LPool have had 2 big matches in between.

Leicester are a best-price 31/20 at the moment but Liverpool are generally backed on matchday so I will probably wait until close to the match time to place my bet. Just giving you the heads-up well in advance.

You might want to hold on to see what team he puts out against West Ham. I'd be very surprised to see any of the players that played 120 minutes on Tuesday.

Edit - his press conference might give us an idea as to what team he will put out against West Ham so they might be worth laying on Saturday. Or wait for team sheet and decide then.

• Advertisement

You might want to hold on to see what team he puts out against West Ham. I'd be very surprised to see any of the players that played 120 minutes on Tuesday.

Edit - his press conference might give us an idea as to what team he will put out against West Ham so they might be worth laying on Saturday. Or wait for team sheet and decide then.

An FA Cup match at Anfield against PL opposition? Klopp will definitely be under pressure to put a strong team out. Also, LPool are 8 points off the CL spots already so Klopp might want to prioritise the Cup over the league - who wants to end up in the Europa League??

An FA Cup match at Anfield against PL opposition? Klopp will definitely be under pressure to put a strong team out. Also, LPool are 8 points off the CL spots already so Klopp might want to prioritise the Cup over the league - who wants to end up in the Europa League??

Well if he wins either cup he ends up in the Europa League, bar finishing top 4.

The league should be his priority and 8 points isn't impossible. Games next Wednesday,and then again at the weekend, is a lot for players that have already played too many minutes recently. The fans would accept any decision Klopp makes, re playing a weakend team, and many would prefer to rest our first 11.

The press conference today might tell us more but any vulnerability, youth might bring the team, could be very easily exploited by a good West Ham side.

When the team sheets are released is the time to decide whether to lay them or not.

After that presser I'd say laying Liverpool at evens is a great bet.

After that presser I'd say laying Liverpool at evens is a great bet.

Yeah - seemed like fairly easy money alright. Best price I could get was a Lay of Liverpool @ 2.14 on BF. Happy with that and on we go to Tuesday!

And unfortunately it didn't even matter this time.

Doing a 3.58 Acca for FA cup matches -

The following prem teams -

Colchester v spurs

Arsenal v burnley

Chelsea v mk dons

And surprise surprise

Carlisle v Everton

It's a very lazy Acca but hopeful of a balance boost.

Sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement