Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Premier League Betting

Comments

I strongly fancy Liverpool to progress in Europe so I've had a bet at 10/11 for them to qualify. I think a combination of Liverpool getting players back and match fit while United are struggling with injuries, makes it an appealing price.

I'm really happy with the price and I've gone in heavy - for me.

Also had a bet on the Asian handicap for the first leg -1 @ 3.1 which is a decent price. Could be in profit before the second leg even starts.

I strongly fancy Liverpool to progress in Europe so I've had a bet at 10/11 for them to qualify. I think a combination of Liverpool getting players back and match fit while United are struggling with injuries, makes it an appealing price.

I'm really happy with the price and I've gone in heavy - for me.

Also had a bet on the Asian handicap for the first leg -1 @ 3.1 which is a decent price. Could be in profit before the second leg even starts.

One big boom. Hopefully another one next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Only one bet for me again this weekend and it's West Ham DC against Man U in The Cup on Sunday (whoops, wrong thread!). United were horrible against Liverpool last night (although I thought LPool pressed/played well) and with less than 3 days to recover, look very vulnerable against a confident Hammers team. Take the 16/5 on a WH win on BFSB now and back the draw at 13/5 (several options) for a combined price of 1.94. Great bet imo!

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Only one bet for me again this weekend and it's West Ham DC against Man U in The Cup on Sunday (whoops, wrong thread!). United were horrible against Liverpool last night (although I thought LPool pressed/played well) and with less than 3 days to recover, look very vulnerable against a confident Hammers team. Take the 16/5 on a WH win on BFSB now and back the draw at 13/5 (several options) for a combined price of 1.94. Great bet imo!

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure they were bigger than 3/1 last week though so maybe I've missed the price.

Big gamble on Man U today (incomprehensible to me) and you can now Lay them @ 1.9 on BF, giving better than 11/10 on the West Ham DC. Absolutely great bet!

• Advertisement

Another example of a price forcing me into a bet.

Newcastle at 6.5 tonight. Some good individuals who would have had a shout anyway but all playing at 100% for a new manager. As good a 6.5 chance as I've seen all season.

Another example of a price forcing me into a bet.

Newcastle at 6.5 tonight. Some good individuals who would have had a shout anyway but all playing at 100% for a new manager. As good a 6.5 chance as I've seen all season.

On their best day, I don't think Newc are good enough to beat Leic away. Will be an interesting match (and I think Rafa is a great signing) but I would expect Leic to score at least once and that will probably be enough - Newc have only scored 7 away goals this season. Was slightly interested in PP's 15/8 about Leic to win to nil but let it go in the end, partly because I won't be watching. Good luck with your bet though!

On their best day, I don't think Newc are good enough to beat Leic away. Will be an interesting match (and I think Rafa is a great signing) but I would expect Leic to score at least once and that will probably be enough - Newc have only scored 7 away goals this season. Was slightly interested in PP's 15/8 about Leic to win to nil but let it go in the end, partly because I won't be watching. Good luck with your bet though!

The more I thought about it today the more I could see Newcastle giving them a game so the 6.5 just looks too big and I've had another bet.

There is just no away they are 6.5 shots.

A few fancies this weekend but just doing a double.

Swansea -1 (Asian handicap) against the gift that keep giving - Villa and West Brom to beat Norwich.

Double pays about 4.4

Back to The Premier League on Saturday - thank God. Two bets attracting me at the moment but no decision made yet.

1) Bournmouth DC against Man City @ 5/6 or so. Need to see the teams before investing.

2) Spurs DC against Liverpool. Really fancy this (obviously!) but price is very short @ 4/7 or so. As mentioned before, Liverpool usually backed on matchday so hoping to get 4/6 at about 17.00 on Saturday. Will have a decent bet at that price or else let it go at anything less than 1.65.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Back to The Premier League on Saturday - thank God. Two bets attracting me at the moment but no decision made yet.

1) Bournmouth DC against Man City @ 5/6 or so. Need to see the teams before investing.

2) Spurs DC against Liverpool. Really fancy this (obviously!) but price is very short @ 4/7 or so. As mentioned before, Liverpool usually backed on matchday so hoping to get 4/6 at about 17.00 on Saturday. Will have a decent bet at that price or else let it go at anything less than 1.65.

Fancy both those aswell Byron, my nap of the weekend is west ham @ 1/1 home to palace though. Have backed stoke a fair few times this season now and they can be hit and miss but would fancy them to have too much for Swansea.

Fancy both those aswell Byron, my nap of the weekend is west ham @ 1/1 home to palace though. Have backed stoke a fair few times this season now and they can be hit and miss but would fancy them to have too much for Swansea.

I have also made a few quid backing The Hammers this season but generally when they are underdogs (particularly away) against the "big" sides. Backing them at evens in a London derby does not appeal, although they certainly deserve to be favourites. Likewise, Stoke are deserved favourites to beat Swansea at home but they are not a team I would back to win (DC, yes!) at a short price.

The key to profitable Premier League punting (for me, at least) this season has been backing "minnows" (especially Leic but also WH, Watford and others) on the Double Chance against the "big" clubs (esp. Chelsea, LPool, ManU, ManC). I plan to continue this strategy as long as the "big" clubs continue to be underpriced.

Managed to dodge a bullet on 1) above when I saw De Bruyne was back for City. As expected, the Liverpool fans are out again backing their team and I just managed to get a hefty Lay bet on LPool at 2.18 which gives us better than 4/5 on the Spurs DC. I think I've died and gone to heaven!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Gonna back United to win today at Old Trafford.
    - Everton looking out-of-sorts lately in the league losing three of their last four games.
    - Evertone have only won once at Old Trafford in their last 22 attempts in the league.
    - United not entirely plagued by injuries for once other than Rooney and Schweinsteiger.
    - Must win game for United to retain any hope of getting 4th
    - United have lost just two league games at home this season

My bet: United to win
    Safer bet: Double chance on United

Just backed Leicester @ 1.75 on BF to beat Sunderland, with Draw No Bet. Absolutely huge price!

Just backed Leicester @ 1.75 on BF to beat Sunderland, with Draw No Bet. Absolutely huge price!

Once again, I should have done the straight win (almost 6/4 on BF at 1 o'clock) but can't complain. The way things are going, Leicester are going to put the junior Bays through college! I am absolutely DREADING this PL season ending!

Trying to keep this thread going in Klopparama's recent absence:

Not a PL game but I have had a fairly hefty bet on over 2.5 goals in the Man City-PSG match tonight @ 1.7 on BF. Pretty obvious bet, in fairness, with both teams strong in attack and weak in defence. PSG should have had 4 or 5 goals in the first leg and very unlikely to go scoreless tonight. City, likewise, score a lot of goals at home and won't be sitting back tonight looking for a nil-all. Quite a short price, of course, but would be surprised if this bet did not click.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Trying to keep this thread going in Klopparama's recent absence:

Not a PL game but I have had a fairly hefty bet on over 2.5 goals in the Man City-PSG match tonight @ 1.7 on BF. Pretty obvious bet, in fairness, with both teams strong in attack and weak in defence. PSG should have had 4 or 5 goals in the first leg and very unlikely to go scoreless tonight. City, likewise, score a lot of goals at home and won't be sitting back tonight looking for a nil-all. Quite a short price, of course, but would be surprised if this bet did not click.
    Like this bet also Byron, went for btts and over2.5 too eke out a bit of extra value, also like west ham tomorrow Dnb @around evens.

Like this bet also Byron, went for btts and over2.5 too eke out a bit of extra value, also like west ham tomorrow Dnb @around evens.

Aguero missing the 1st-half penalty was a disaster for us - PSG only seemed to get stung into action when they went behind! Still, can't win 'em all!

As for The Hammers, I have liked them all season but have noticed their prices shortening up recently (and rightly so!), making them less attractive from a punting point of view. Best-priced 10/11 now, with DNB, for tonight's match and I reckon I will let them go at that price unless the line-ups force me to reconsider.

OK, back to The PL, and a very obvious bet tomorrow. Aston Villa are absolutely sh!t and the worst team I have seen in The PL for a long time. They are doomed and have nothing to play for. ManU are not world-beaters but they are improving and could still finish Top 4 (and win The Cup) with a good end to the season.

Man United will be desperate to win and should beat Villa pretty comfortably tomorrow. Even though I haven't backed them all season, at 1.85 on BF to win by 2 or more, I feel they are an attractive bet.

Back ManU -1 @ 1.85 on BF.

• Advertisement

OK, back to The PL, and a very obvious bet tomorrow. Aston Villa are absolutely sh!t and the worst team I have seen in The PL for a long time. They are doomed and have nothing to play for. ManU are not world-beaters but they are improving and could still finish Top 4 (and win The Cup) with a good end to the season.

Man United will be desperate to win and should beat Villa pretty comfortably tomorrow. Even though I haven't backed them all season, at 1.85 on BF to win by 2 or more, I feel they are an attractive bet.

Back ManU -1 @ 1.85 on BF.

Typical United 1-0 victory

Danger781 wrote: »
    Typical United 1-0 victory

Yeah - wánkers! I thought, when they scored after half an hour, that there would definitely be more goals in the game.

Had money on Arsenal to win today. Also had a accumulator of Atletico and Barcelona. Not my day....

Danger781 wrote: »
    Had money on Arsenal to win today. Also had a accumulator of Atletico and Barcelona. Not my day....

That's called a double, not an accumulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That's called a double, not an accumulator.

It is an accumulator, a double is just another name for it to make things more simplified.

An accumulation of picks = more than one.
    a bet placed on a series of races (or other events), the winnings and stake from each being placed on the next.

LOL at the last line of Betfair's description.
    Some bookmakers include doubles and trebles in their definition of accumulator, and technically there is no reason not to do so. However, with one of the most important parts of the appeal of accumulators being the chance to rack up huge odds and very large potential returns, it seems more appropriate to focus on bets including four or more selections.

Kicking myself that I missed (didn't take!) the 5/6 for Leicester to beat Swansea earlier in the week. Best price 3/4 now is just putting me off (would take 4/5, at this stage) so am going to dutch the 1-0 and 2-0 Leicester victory scorelines at 6.8 and 8.6 on BF respectively. This gives a better than 11/4 return and seems like good value to me.

Will take the 4/5 (or better!) if it becomes available between now and kickoff. Vardy is a big loss but reckon Leicester can still win this without him.

Kicking myself that I missed (didn't take!) the 5/6 for Leicester to beat Swansea earlier in the week. Best price 3/4 now is just putting me off (would take 4/5, at this stage) so am going to dutch the 1-0 and 2-0 Leicester victory scorelines at 6.8 and 8.6 on BF respectively. This gives a better than 11/4 return and seems like good value to me.

Will take the 4/5 (or better!) if it becomes available between now and kickoff. Vardy is a big loss but reckon Leicester can still win this without him.

Well, made a mess of that one! Lost on my correct-score bets (should have done "win to nil"!) and never got my straight-win bet on. Usually get a bit of a drift with Leicester on match-day but not yesterday - 4/6 was best price available by kickoff. Thought I might get on in-play but the early Leicester goal put the kibosh on that too.

Once again, Leicester are ridiculously over-priced for their trip to Old Trafford today. No way should Utd be odds-on to win this match. I have done a Lay of ManU on BF at 1.99 which gives us 1.96 on the Leicester DC, after the deduction. Great bet!

Have to put up a post for the last day of what has been an unforgettable season. Have taken my foot off the PL pedal in the past few weeks as some teams I like get safe and start to think of their holliers/Euros, while the bad teams start fighting for their lives to stay up. It makes for a murky punting environment which I generally avoid. However, the last day of the season is different!

Summer weather is here, pitches are hard and fast, fans are in party mood, results don't matter too much and it's the last hurrah for the season - everything points to goals!! I haven't started studying yet but I will certainly be concentrating my punting on the overs rather than match results. Will post again tomorrow with tips but just giving the heads-up now that it's all about goals tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Aargh! Should have done my study yesterday. Other people obviously fancy goals today as well - EVERY match has seen the Over 2.5 goal markets cut from 4/5 to 4/7 approx. Going to leave them alone now and will bid farewell to this season's PL with a medium-sized bet on Martial to score anytime against Bournmouth @ 6/4 on BF. Can see Utd scoring 3 goals in that match, hopefully Martial can bag one of them!

31 goals in 9 matches with 6 of the 9 matches going over 2.5 goals. So, even at 4/7 we would have made money betting blind on the overs - but not a lot! Anyone who got on at 4/5 or 8/11 certainly did well for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

€200 Leicester at 38s

Right, time get this thread rolling again! Hopefully this season will be as successful as last but probably unlikely! Have kept a watching brief so far (dodged a major bullet on Chelsea-Swansea last week, really thought Chelsea would win that one) but first bet of the season has arrived in the shape of Over 2.5 goals in the Chelsea-LPool match tonight @ 1.8 on BF.

Lots of reasons to expect goals in this match: all 4 of Chelsea's matches in the PL so far have gone Over, along with 2 of Lpool's 4 - the 2 matches that went Under had exactly 2 goals. The 8 matches played have had a total of 29 goals scored, an average of 3.6 per game. Both sets of attackers (Sturridge, Lallana, Costa, Hazard etc.) are in great form and the return of Luiz to Chelsea should help with goals at both ends of the pitch. The implementation of the new rules means that a penalty is much more likely than heretofore and a general increase in overall PL goals is a trend I expect to see this season.

Obviously, I have made lots of confident bets that have lost over the years but I am pretty hopeful that we can get the season off to a flyer on the Overs tonight.

Good day for the PL punters today with all the hotpots winning easily. 18 goals in 4 matches so far (Ever-Mid to come) - anyone on the Overs is sitting pretty! No bets for me yet today (was ready to lump on Arsenal if any 4/6 appeared, no joy :(), Everton slightly too short at best-price 4/6.

All about goals in the PL so far this season so I'm going for a punt on the Overs in the Ars-Chel match @ 1.77 on BF. Fabregas in from the start for Chelsea, usually means goals at both ends. Ivanovich looking very dodgy so far this season and will not be looking forward to facing Iwobi. Two attacking teams being put out so hopeful of a few goals.

• Advertisement

Any bets on today byron?

I'm looking at Liverpool and West Ham as potential bets..

No PL bets today, more interested in punting on the Ryder Cup. Liverpool too short for me and I wouldn't touch WH with a bargepole at the moment. Good win for LPool, away to Swansea, imo - the type of match they lost last season. Swansea are a better side than they have looked recently and I will be looking to get with them against the bottom-half teams. Conversely, Sunderland are terrible and I will be looking to Lay them for the foreseeable.

Arsenal playing very well at the moment and look certainties to beat Burnley tomorrow. Haven't looked at the stats yet but Ars -1 @ 11/10 looks attractive.

Further to my previous post: I feel a bit sorry for Guidolin, who has been sacked by Swansea. Yes, they have lost 5 out of 7 PL matches so far this season but the losses included Southampton/Leicester away and Liverpool/Man City at home, 3 of those 4 matches by 1 goal. They have 4 points and are not in the relegation zone yet. Another tough match (away to Arsenal) after the international break but then a run of winnable matches and I would certainly expect them to be clear of the relegation zone by Christmas.

Still, interesting to see how Bradley gets on there. Certainly not arriving at a club in crisis, as is so often the case when the previous manager has been sacked.

Getting in early with this weekend's PL tip as the bookie in question is slightly out of line with the others so the price may not last long. The bet is Arsenal (-1) to beat Middlesbrough @ 4/5 with Betfair Sportsbook. As so often with me, this is a pretty obvious bet but I did not think 4/5 would be available so I'm happy to lump on!

Arsenal are absolutely flying at the moment and scoring goals for fun. Alexis, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil are all working well together and I can't see Middlesbrough coping with the Arsenal onslaught. Had a match on Wednesday (which would normally put me off a weekend bet) but the 6-0 win against Ludogorets won't have taken too much out of them and, obviously, winning a CL match 6-0, will only add to the confidence they already had. Virtually everyone available now so plenty of competition for places. I'm sure they feel that they can win the PL this season so full attention to the match/opposition is guaranteed.

Middlesbrough, on the other hand, have lost 4 of their last 5, including 0-1 at home to Watford last time out and have looked utterly toothless up front. They are well-organised but mediocre and will obviously try to park the bus tomorrow but, with Arsenal having so many attacking options, it looks like a futile battle to me. If Arsenal can get one (or more!) in the FH, I can foresee an easy (3-0, 4-0) win so 4/5 to win by 2 or more looks like a great bet to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Getting in early with this weekend's PL tip as the bookie in question is slightly out of line with the others so the price may not last long. The bet is Arsenal (-1) to beat Middlesbrough @ 4/5 with Betfair Sportsbook. As so often with me, this is a pretty obvious bet but I did not think 4/5 would be available so I'm happy to lump on!

Arsenal are absolutely flying at the moment and scoring goals for fun. Alexis, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil are all working well together and I can't see Middlesbrough coping with the Arsenal onslaught. Had a match on Wednesday (which would normally put me off a weekend bet) but the 6-0 win against Ludogorets won't have taken too much out of them and, obviously, winning a CL match 6-0, will only add to the confidence they already had. Virtually everyone available now so plenty of competition for places. I'm sure they feel that they can win the PL this season so full attention to the match/opposition is guaranteed.

Middlesbrough, on the other hand, have lost 4 of their last 5, including 0-1 at home to Watford last time out and have looked utterly toothless up front. They are well-organised but mediocre and will obviously try to park the bus tomorrow but, with Arsenal having so many attacking options, it looks like a futile battle to me. If Arsenal can get one (or more!) in the FH, I can foresee an easy (3-0, 4-0) win so 4/5 to win by 2 or more looks like a great bet to me.

into 3/4 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sportsbook_12

Any bets on the last two matches of gameweek 9? Man City vs Saints? Chelsea vs Man Utd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

diomed wrote: »
    €200 Leicester at 38s
    Back Odds Stake Profit
    Leicester 38 €200.00 €7,400.00
    Leicester 85 €100.00 €8,400.00
    Leicester 140 €100.00 €13,900.00
    Leicester 460 €44.34 €20,352.06
    Leicester 470 €1.66 €778.54

Leicester 114.97 €446.00 €50,830.60 .... average

This looks like a loss of €446 unless Leicester go on a run.

Any bets on the last two matches of gameweek 9? Man City vs Saints? Chelsea vs Man Utd?

Fancy the draw in the Man City - Southampton match! :rolleyes:

No bets for me today, still sore after the Arsenal match yesterday. Would not have believed that match could finish 0-0. If my arm was twisted I would back the Unders in Chel-Man U. I reckon Jose will stifle the match, just like he did against LPool. Not watching it though and happy to leave it alone for punting purposes.

Heading to The Cup Final tomorrow so getting my bet on early this week. No big surprise that it's a Lay of Man United @ 1.73 on BF, away to Swansea. Getting almost 11/8 on Swansea to win or draw seems like a great bet to me, even though Swansea have under-performed so far this season. I think they can play better and a mis-firing ManU provide the perfect opposition for a "surprise" tomorrow.

Time to resuscitate this thread and I fancy Over 2.5 goals in the Bourn-Leic match tonight @ 1.86 on BF. Bournemouth are good at home but tend to both score and concede (16 goals in their last 3 matches) and 4 of their last 5 games have gone Over.

Likewise, 6 of Leicester's 7 away EPL games have gone Over and they have conceded 18 goals in those 7 matches. It's fair to say that they are not the defensive masters they were last season! However, Bournemouth's possession football will suit them down to the ground and I can see them scoring on the break at least once tonight. Their confidence will be high after Saturday's victory over Man City and I wouldn't put anyone off backing them at 9/4 on the outright market, but I did not expect to see 1.86 available for the Overs and make it the best bet of the night.

I was also very tempted to back Arsenal to beat Everton tonight and believe that 20/21 is a great price but will stick to just one bet.

Picked the wrong match for Overs last week but I still think that this is the best angle for making profits this season. Tonight, I'm backing Over 2.5 Goals in the Eve-LPool match @ 1.77 on BF. In reality, I would prefer to do BTTS - Liverpool always score (27 in their last 10 PL matches with one blank) and Everton always get at least one goal at home - but 8/13 best price is slightly too short and I'm happy to take the gamble on more goals for the better price. Obviously 1-1 would be a sickener but that's gambling!

Well, someone doesn't fancy goals in the Merseyside derby tonight! BTTS @ 1.73 now with Overs @ 1.86, both on a fairly substantial drift. Too late for me (I can cash-out now for a loss of €7!) but if anyone fancies goals, the markets are moving your way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I’d say late money regularly comes for unders – a lot of people who intend backing overs might wait a few ticks in-running, especially in a derby that could have a cagey start

Picked the wrong match for Overs last week but I still think that this is the best angle for making profits this season. Tonight, I'm backing Over 2.5 Goals in the Eve-LPool match @ 1.77 on BF. In reality, I would prefer to do BTTS - Liverpool always score (27 in their last 10 PL matches with one blank) and Everton always get at least one goal at home - but 8/13 best price is slightly too short and I'm happy to take the gamble on more goals for the better price. Obviously 1-1 would be a sickener but that's gambling!

Well, at least it didn't finish 1-1 :)

Can't seem to catch a break at the moment. Hopefully my luck will turn with the New Year. Well deserved win for LPool last night, Everton hopeless in the 2nd half.

West Ham were awful against Hull at the weekend so a Swansea victory is jumping out at me for Boxing Day. Anything around 7/4-2/1 would appeal as a decent price.

Been a pretty moderate couple of months for me but I'm hoping to end the year on a high by backing the Overs in LPool-Man City match @ 1.75 on BF. Pretty self-evident bet: LPool the top-scoring team at home and Man City away. Should be an exciting free-flowing match with plenty of chances. Aguero back for Man City is the icing on the cake. Hopefully, this match can change my luck, otherwise I will be glad to see the back of 2016!

• Advertisement
Advertisement