Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm connected to landline now ringing instead of sending SMS

Options
  • 26-10-2015 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Morning,

Recently when my HKC alarm was activated it started ringing the mobile numbers in its list instead of sending SMS alerts. It seems to rotate through the list and dial each one every 15 mins and called party can only hear beeping sounds.

Alarm Company advised Eircom removed their SMS feature and they could install a new panel with SIM etc.

This does not answer my question - anyone know how I can stop it doing this? I don't mind it ringing once or twice to alert us the alarm is going off but last time I had to snip the phone cable coming into the house for an hour to get it to stop. Made no difference whether we answer the call or hang up and let it go straight to voicemail.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need engineer access to the panel.
    From there in Dialler Menu> Options Menu > Misc. Options Menu ? FTC Attempts change to 1.
    Changing for a generic voice dialler or GSM dialler would be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Morning,

Recently when my HKC alarm was activated it started ringing the mobile numbers in its list instead of sending SMS alerts. It seems to rotate through the list and dial each one every 15 mins and called party can only hear beeping sounds.

Alarm Company advised Eircom removed their SMS feature and they could install a new panel with SIM etc.

This does not answer my question - anyone know how I can stop it doing this? I don't mind it ringing once or twice to alert us the alarm is going off but last time I had to snip the phone cable coming into the house for an hour to get it to stop. Made no difference whether we answer the call or hang up and let it go straight to voicemail.

You can also set up the text function if you still have a phone line in place.
    Using the HKC Securetext you can just change the numbers the system dials out on to receive a text from the system on alarm activation's.

Advertisement