Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what residents living near UCC have to put up with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

If this is how the privileged, educated young people behave it's actually amazing that the less privileged in our society aren't constantly rioting.

What a bunch of total scumbags - no excuse.

The future leaders of industry?
    The future leaders of our country?

I despair.
    It's not just the outright thuggish behaviour, it's also the lowest common denominator idea of fun. "let's get pissed and sing ole ole ole and the fields of Athenry" Really? These are the educated ones?

I'm not suggesting that it would be OK if their thuggish behaviour was clever and funny but for me, the sheer dumbassness of it all makes me despair for the future.

Thick, ignorant, criminaly inconsiderate morons.
    I really, really hope serious action is taken against these dopes.

Relax....yes they are drunken morons and no excuses- I would have gone mental having to live next to that. The start of the year is usually a bit OTT and they will settle down- I would hope the landlord is notified.

They could have kept it classy by sticking their genitals in a pig's head like other world leaders...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Clearly it's the fault of the young ones in the skimpy dresses. They're driving the young buck's hormones crazy!
    And where did the young ones learn it?
    From their mothers!

Not really it's more peer pressure that makes them act this way.

They leave home as Camogie playing innocent virgins and become whores on drugs in college.

I went to a party like this before in Waterford with my ex (full of drunk girls throwing up) I left immediately and went home.

At parties like this they participate in sexual activity, gang bangs, orgies, doggings and catch/spread STD's. They then all go outside and vandalise and tresspass on other peoples property.

Some get knocked up and end up going on a short break to the UK (abortion) their parents think this was a small break away for the weekend but never know they went for an abortion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

The future leaders of industry?
    The future leaders of our country? .

In UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just watched the video properly shocking stuff so it is. They whole lot of them deserve a big kick up the arse.. Listening to it on radio this morning with all the comments saying ohh don't be too harsh on them. They should have been arrested or reported for what they done, I would go so far as being expelled from College if that is what they do or dismissal.. Little brats like this need to learn early how not to behave

• Advertisement

They leave home as Camogie playing innocent virgins and become whores on drugs in college.

I went to a party like this before in Waterford with my ex (full of drunk girls throwing up) I left immediately and went home.

At parties like this they participate in sexual activity, gang bangs, orgies, doggings and catch/spread STD's. They then all go outside and vandalise and tresspass on other peoples property.

Some get knocked up and end up going on a short break to the UK (abortion) their parents think this was a small break away for the weekend but never know they went for an abortion.

Mate- this is not Moyross.

Mate- this is not Moyross.

Don't get me started on UL students they are a million times worse.

If this behaviour keeps up UCC will end up being regarded as a clown college like NUIM full of skangers.

Don't get me started on UL students they are a million times worse.

If this behaviour keeps up UCC will end up being regarded as a clown college like NUIM full of skangers.

Look, the way they acted was disgraceful but this was gone on for years and decades. Only difference now is that everyone has a camera and it is captured. There are 12-15,000.00 students in UCC and there was, I don't know- let's say 40-50 here. It was a very very small minority acting like complete assholes with no consideration for others.

I promise you in time- they will be mortified about it.

'Gangbangs, orgies dogging'- sweet I am partying with you next time...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The imagination is strong in this one.

• Advertisement

Would tots (im hip) believe this about the gang bangs and them being general twats. Im sorry but the kids now a days well they leave a lot to be desired.. Fine some are great but those who act like this need to be made accountable..Saying it is peer pressure fine but they have to know what is right and what is wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Did you really not detect any hint of sarcasm in my post?
    I detect a hint of misogyny in your post!
    And naivety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

. There are 12-15,000.00 students in UCC and there was, I don't know- let's say 40-50 here. It was a very very small minority acting like complete assholes with no consideration for others.

The exact figure is closer to 20,000.

It's a pity that idots/scumbags ruin it for everyone. :mad:

Milly33 wrote: »
    Would tots (im hip) believe this about the gang bangs and them being general twats. Im sorry but the kids now a days well they leave a lot to be desired.. Fine some are great but those who act like this need to be made accountable..Saying it is peer pressure fine but they have to know what is right and what is wrong...

Every generation says that about the one that came after it:

'Ohh but in my day they would have got a good damn trashing...rant rant rabble rabble'

Then we can blame the parents for not raising them correctly.

Lookit.......portraying this as some sort of prelude to anarchy and the end of Irish society as we now it is a little OTT.

Yes they were complete inconsiderate dickheads but no worse to what happened in my day 15-20 years ago.

I was in college and got up to all sorts of mad craic and some downright illegal with people who are now:

a. well known intercounty footballers
    b a current sitting TD
    c. a current Senator
    d. Lawyers (and no doubt future judges)
    e. Doctors
    f. University lectureres
    g. Teachers

All married with kids and perfectly middle class and the height of respectability.

Guess what? They turned out ok.

The exact figure is closer to 20,000.

It's a pity that idots/scumbags ruin it for everyone. :mad:

Sorry it was 12k in my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Would you mind dropping me an IM when the next one of these parties is being organised.

I'll bring a slab.

Sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

That is quite ture about them becoming crazy into Drugs in college down in waterford every 2nd girl takes PILLS, LSD, MDMA you name it. The funny thing is i wish i was lying about that this but any girl i have dated down there has takeing pills of some from.

Yes they do ride in the houses i know of plenty of stores where peoples bedroom doors where kicked down so they could ride on someones bed.

About vandalise and trespass do they that quite a lot sorry.

About the abortion stuff i wouldn't be shocked at all by people going over to England for them.

But the funny thing is that when there at home there completely different people and dress completely different as well.

Sure my youngest sister is in UCC and she thinks I am the most boring straight laced anally retentive ****er on earth (I purposefully come across like that) - she would blush if she knew what I got up- I wouldnt have just been at that party, I would have been the main instigator- don't get me wrong not proud of that or defending anyone.

Yep get that generations say this all the time, but I honestly do think that kids today are just too big for the boots.. Mind I thought this of a lot of kids even when I was a yougin (like last week).. I would never have acted like this or done it just because it was the cool thing to do. I think we are too lenient here on all matters like this and if kids, or people who were constantly getting in trouble actually had to face what they have done and got some serious kick up the arse it would make the world a better place...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Hijpo

F***ing knuckle draggers

• Advertisement

Did you really not detect any hint of sarcasm in my post?
    I detect a hint of misogyny in your post!
    And naivety.

Like one of the early posters I and other pedestrians have had to physically lift girls or guys off the roads in Limerick and ring an ambulance for them. They can't handle their drink and pass out on the road. Me and other concerned citizens who are trying to help the person end up getting shouted at by some drunk twit who is half your size and is asking for a fight. They just want to carry the person home despite them needing medical assistance. I've seen some of them dragging guys/girls by the legs home or in shopping trolleys.

The only way to combat this behaviour is mandatory sex education and dangers of abuse of drug and alcohol classes in secondary school.

To enter contracts with the university that if you take part in any anti-social behaviour/noise pollution you will be suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Milly33 wrote: »

I think it's spelled "totes" Milly... or is it "toast".... mmmmm, I wish I had a nice slice of buttered toast and a cuppa tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

mikeym wrote: »
    Post it on the Red Fm/ 96 Fm Facebook page.

They were talking about the whole morning on Red Fm.

Bacchus wrote: »
    I think it's spelled "totes" Milly... or is it "toast".... mmmmm, I wish I had a nice slice of buttered toast and a cuppa tea.

Ah were back to the tut tut's, im just so trying to be hop till im square :D mmm toast..

Just got a call from Red FM he said they will be talking again in the morning about it all..

We went out and got drunk and what not, but was never into drugs as I was too afraid my brothers would find out and kill me and I also would be afraid my parents would be ashamed of me.

Same goes for sleeping around I hated the though of disappointing my family by doing things like this, we were thought to have respect for everyone and mostly ourselves. This doesn't mean we were angels but like if we done something like this, I don't think I could live with myself... The shame the shame..

Have to even say I knew people going to UCC and well a lot of the time was spent in the bar in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Gotta love how people seem to think the sexual behaviour of other people is their business

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

That is quite ture about them becoming crazy into Drugs in college down in waterford every 2nd girl takes PILLS, LSD, MDMA you name it. The funny thing is i wish i was lying about that this but any girl i have dated down there has takeing pills of some from.

Yes they do ride in the houses i know of plenty of stores where peoples bedroom doors where kicked down so they could ride on someones bed.

About vandalise and trespass do they that quite a lot sorry.

About the abortion stuff i wouldn't be shocked at all by people going over to England for them.

But the funny thing is that when there at home there completely different people and dress completely different as well.

That doesn't make any sense, MDMA, and Ecstasy don't really work if people drink a lot of alcohol.

LSD would definitely not inspire them to kick down a door and go riding in someones bedroom, actually they would probably sit there not really aware of anyone else being in the room.

If anything they would be less hassle on MDMA, Ecstasy or LSD ... Alcohol is the real problem.

I really don't know why drug taking and promiscuity is being brought up here.

I couldn't give a toss what drugs (alcohol or otherwise) anyone is taking or who is gang banging who. It's none of my business.
    What I do care about is how people behave and how their behaviour affects others.

There seems to be an attitude around that it's fine to get blathered on alcohol but taking other drugs is somehow worse in itself irrespective of what you do while under the influence of your drug of choice.

I would genuinely prefer to have drug dealers living next door to me than a bunch of students like in the op. Anti social behaviour like that certainly wouldn't be tolerated by drug dealers.

Also, it wasn't just high spirited fun and chanting. There were people throwing bottles around and a couple of the guys looked like they were seriously looking for trouble. I really think that there was a frightening sense of intimidation about that mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,232 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Listen we have all done few stupid things in our life.

I have sang RA songs (even though anything but fan). And few others things im not proud of, although I missed out badly in the orgies if people are to be believed.

Lot of it is sadly peer pressure. Ya have to be "cool" ya have to shag least 10 birds in college, that type of thing.

Majority are just enjoying themselves. Few times they let themselves go mad, but who doesn't

Gotta love how people seem to think the sexual behaviour of other people is their business

Whatever they do in their own bedrooms is fine but doing it in public places or having sex parties playing music at 2-3am in the morning then it is very much my business.

We are paying taxes that funds these colleges and grants they receive.

We pay taxes for the A&E departments where some end up on a Saturday morning. A&E departments don't make a profit. It only costs them €100 and any other charges are picked up by us the taxpayer.

We pay taxes for the roads and footpaths they obstruct and litter.

We pay taxes to clean/pick up the litter they've thrown.

The majority of these people on Magazine Road pay their taxes and deserve a peaceful nights sleep and not to have to wake up to a load of rubbish thrown round their street.

• Advertisement

Listen we have all done few stupid things in our life.

I have sang RA songs (even though anything but fan). And few others things im not proud of, although I missed out badly in the orgies if people are to be believed.

Lot of it is sadly peer pressure. Ya have to be "cool" ya have to shag least 10 birds in college, that type of thing.

Majority are just enjoying themselves. Few times they let themselves go mad, but who doesn't

Nope. It's not high spirits. It's not exuberance. It's not a bit of craic.
    It's intimidation. It's criminal damage. It's extreme anti social behaviour. And it's worryingly tribal, insular and moronic.

The fact that it's perpetrated by so called educated people is worrying and the fact that people are excusing it is worrying. I fear that in my old age I'm going to be living in a country of ignorant, moronic gob****es with a huge sense of entitlement and no empathy.

Advertisement