Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what residents living near UCC have to put up with

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Whatever they do in their own bedrooms is fine but doing it in public places or having sex parties playing music at 2-3am in the morning then it is very much my business.

We are paying taxes that funds these colleges and grants they receive.

We pay taxes for the A&E departments where some end up on a Saturday morning. A&E departments don't make a profit. It only costs them €100 and any other charges are picked up by us the taxpayer.

We pay taxes for the roads and footpaths they obstruct and litter.

We pay taxes to clean/pick up the litter they've thrown.

The majority of these people on Magazine Road pay their taxes and deserve a peaceful nights sleep and not to have to wake up to a load of rubbish thrown round their street.

Again, what does any of that have to do with people's sexual behaviour. I didn't see anyone riding in the streets in the video.
    You think that sex is the cause of late night music ?
    I agree with much of what you are saying but why are you hug up on the sex lives of students? It's a bit creepy really!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Whatever they do in their own bedrooms is fine but doing it in public places or having sex parties playing music at 2-3am in the morning then it is very much my business.

We are paying taxes that funds these colleges and grants they receive.

We pay taxes for the A&E departments where some end up on a Saturday morning. A&E departments don't make a profit. It only costs them €100 and any other charges are picked up by us the taxpayer.

We pay taxes for the roads and footpaths they obstruct and litter.

We pay taxes to clean/pick up the litter they've thrown.

The majority of these people on Magazine Road pay their taxes and deserve a peaceful nights sleep and not to have to wake up to a load of rubbish thrown round their street.

Seriously what's this hang up on sex parties??:confused:

There is no suggestion here whatsoever of a 'sex party' and it is still none of your business.

As a matter of interest, did you ever live away from home as a student yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Listen we have all done few stupid things in our life.

I have sang RA songs (even though anything but fan). And few others things im not proud of, although I missed out badly in the orgies if people are to be believed.

Lot of it is sadly peer pressure. Ya have to be "cool" ya have to shag least 10 birds in college, that type of thing.

Majority are just enjoying themselves. Few times they let themselves go mad, but who doesn't

That's not much help to the residents of magazine road.

Of course a few arrests might soften a cough or two. The police clearly nowhere to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I went to a party like this before in Waterford with my ex (full of drunk girls throwing up) I left immediately and went home.

I think I was at that party. You never came back for the rosary beads you dropped as you raced from the house in shock because one girl was wearing a low cut top.
    At parties like this they participate in sexual activity, gang bangs, orgies, doggings and catch/spread STD's. They then all go outside and vandalise and tresspass on other peoples property.

They must have a fierce amount of energy to be able to get out and get some vandalism in after all that gang banging and orgies that they get up to and all of these parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

hick_aliens.jpg

I say we take off and nuke the students scum from orbit.... Its the only way to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Absolutely horrible behaviour. Really, no defending it.

The fact that they are UCC students are really here nor there. The only authority that should deal with this is the guards. And they should deal with it severely. Sometimes the 'excuse' that they are students seems to absolve them from blame and responsibility. As if, 'college' was some make believe, fairy land where the consequences of ones actions are not considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mate- this is not Moyross.

What's your point, mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

walshyn93 wrote:
    In UCC?

It's who you know. If you're not in trinity or ucd, you're goosed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

seachto7 wrote: »
    What's your point, mate?

Would have thought it was obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

seachto7 wrote: »
    What's your point, mate?

Whats with all this "Mate" business?Cor blimey my old mans a dustman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Same thing comes up every year, the same pleading for action, the same excuses because they are 'students enjoying themselves', the same few days of it being a news story and then forgotten about, the same shifting of responsibility from the students/college to the landlords, guards etc and the same nonsense about anyone that complains about it has a stick up their backside. The first people that are blamed are the guards and yet if something severe was done to a student they would be accused of ruining their future etc etc.

It's just a simple case of responsibility and if you don't have it then you should face the consequences. The video that was shown was not a one off extreme event at all, this is the thing that has been pandered by some that this is the crest of the wave, down the years there's been plenty worse or as worse incidents that just haven't caught on video, or the luxury of social media was not around yet.

Advertisement