Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Captain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kolarov(NOR)
    Ighalo(c) every week :pac:

Jamie Vardy with a 10% blank stat this year. Always captain Vardy ;)

Kolarov(NOR)
    Of course you're right. They are just very unreliable players from a fpl point of view. And captaining them should come with an obligatory 'Are you sure?' warning on the FPL site I think. :pac:

Hahaha yeah pretty much. Either that or download an app that shuts your phone down when you try to captain either player. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kane(AVL)
    Don't know about you all but I only have good memories of captain Pelle. Everyone went Costa but I went Pelle the week he scored that bicycle last year and outscored Costa by 2 :D I was chuffed #everylittlehelps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kolarov(NOR)
    I've a fairly simple approach to captaincy. Captain whoever you think will score you the most points each week. I think I'll be going with kdb this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I've brought in Kane for Gomis and I'm captaining him.

I'd go for Vardy if they where playing anyone except WBA.

De Bruyne(NOR)
    My captain choices were killing me early season but I've got it right for the last 3-4 weeks and I've moved up to 25k.

Very difficult to choose between Bony and Pelle this week but I think that Bony is the safer option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Kolarov(NOR)
    I'm quite surprised kdb is so far ahead. I'm sticking with my plan and captaining him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

De Bruyne(NOR)
    Anybody care to work out how the poll winning captains did in gws 1-10?

Kolarov(NOR)
    Anybody care to work out how the poll winning captains did in gws 1-10?

Gw1- hazard= 2->4
    Gw2- Rooney= 2->4
    Gw3- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw4- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw5- Aguero= 1->2
    Gw6- Aguero= 5->10
    Gw7- Martial= 5->10
    Gw8- Aguero= 25->50
    Gw9- De Bruyne= 5->10
    Gw10- Sanchez= 2->4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Kolarov(NOR)
    MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Gw1- hazard= 2->4
    Gw2- Rooney= 2->4
    Gw3- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw4- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw5- Aguero= 1->2
    Gw6- Aguero= 5->10
    Gw7- Martial= 5->10
    Gw8- Aguero= 25->50
    Gw9- De Bruyne= 5->10
    Gw10- Sanchez= 2->4

wrong
    GW2 Benteke= 9->18

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

De Bruyne(NOR)
    MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Gw1- hazard= 2->4
    Gw2- Rooney= 2->4
    Gw3- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw4- Aguero= 2->4
    Gw5- Aguero= 1->2
    Gw6- Aguero= 5->10
    Gw7- Martial= 5->10
    Gw8- Aguero= 25->50
    Gw9- De Bruyne= 5->10
    Gw10- Sanchez= 2->4

Very interesting. I think this could be another week like GW8 though and KdB could go mad on Norwich.

Kolarov(NOR)
    I've a fairly simple approach to captaincy. Captain whoever you think will score you the most points each week. I think I'll be going with kdb this week.

Haha I think we all do that!!! I'm sure you've a similarly logical process you're applying like the rest of us to make the decision on who you think will score the most points though.

Kolarov(NOR)
    Mike3549 wrote: »
    wrong
    GW2 Benteke= 9->18

My mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

De Bruyne(NOR)
    I've settled on KDB in the end, by a process of elimination.

Of my front 7 I'm ruling out Mahrez and Vardy (away to Pulisball), Payet (steady points-getter but away to Watford) and Pelle (can't be trusted with the armband), which leaves me with Bony, KDB and Sanchez.

For Bony and Sanchez I'd have some concerns over their game time, more in Bony's case than Sanchez in fairness. And then City are at home while Arsenal are away.

So KDB it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kolarov(NOR)
    I've settled on KDB in the end, by a process of elimination.

Of my front 7 I'm ruling out Mahrez and Vardy (away to Pulisball), Payet (steady points-getter but away to Watford) and Pelle (can't be trusted with the armband), which leaves me with Bony, KDB and Sanchez.

For Bony and Sanchez I'd have some concerns over their game time, more in Bony's case than Sanchez in fairness. And then City are at home while Arsenal are away.

So KDB it is.

Same here (don't have Sanchez in my team though).

Gone with KDB in the end too after much mulling over Pelle and Bony - hoping he can ping a couple in and maybe lay on one of two for Bony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

De Bruyne(NOR)
    Bony or Lukaku.
    Mane is enough of a differential as is.
    Sunderland's injuries in defence is tempting but will probably give the armband to Bony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Kolarov(NOR)
    Going with KdB but a little voice in the back of my head keeps nagging "Kane, Villa, you know it makes sense"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane(AVL)
    Kane or pelle, my worry is with Tim gone from villa could they up their game for the new manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kolarov(NOR)
    Gone with KDB. Probably backfire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hococop wrote: »
    Kane or pelle, my worry is with Tim gone from villa could they up their game for the new manager

An unusually sensible option from you:p, nobody will even need to ask you the question.

Villa don't really have a new manager to impress, if they are gonna turn it on for KMc when they wouldn't for Tim then they are worse professionals than I even gave them credit for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've gone and brought in Lukaku and handed him the armband, after tomorrow he'll be all I have left so I might as well knock a bit of craic out of Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've gone and brought in Lukaku and handed him the armband, after tomorrow he'll be all I have left so I might as well knock a bit of craic out of Sunday.

wow just spotted I only have pelle after tomorrow as well........3 PMS tomorrow will be fun but not sure. can take relying on BUIB if things don't go well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane(AVL)
    An unusually sensible option from you:p, nobody will even need to ask you the question.

Villa don't really have a new manager to impress, if they are gonna turn it on for KMc when they wouldn't for Tim then they are worse professionals than I even gave them credit for.

Good point, Going with Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kane(AVL)
    Pelle or KDB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Kolarov(NOR)
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Pelle or KDB

Have KDB as vc, Pelle has always let me down as captain. Queue him to score 5 this wkend! Went for Bony as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane(AVL)
    had it on buib but just can't bring myself to captain him now. de breuyne it is

manual_man wrote: »
    had it on buib but just can't bring myself to captain him now. de breuyne it is

I had planned on bringing in van djik but brought in kolarov purely as most of the top teams in money league have him
    brought in kdb for yaya for samd reason
    I've had captaincy on BUIB all week and feel like if I take it off him for kdb now then I'm no longer playing my own game and worrying too much about others !
    it's tougher at the top than chasing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane(AVL)
    km79 wrote: »
    I had planned on bringing in van djik but brought in kolarov purely as most of the top teams in money league have him
    I've had captaincy on BUIB all week and feel like if I take it off him for kdb now then I'm no longer playing my own game and worrying too much about others !

the thing about Pelle tho is he seems to have this habit of producing the goods when you least expect it, and failing to produce when you do!

manual_man wrote: »
    the thing about Pelle tho is he seems to have this habit of producing the goods when you least expect it, and failing to produce when you do!

oh I know........I had him VERY briefly last year (maybe only one week) and he was a captain fail ......and again 2 weeks ago........and yet here I am again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kane(AVL)
    spock. wrote:
    Eriksen as a Monday night captain is really tempting me. Hmm..

Going ahead with this. Going to be a nervous wait until Monday.

• Advertisement

Kolarov(NOR)

I don't think playing for the manager was ever the problem. Have a look at some of Sherwood's team lineups. Bizarre. The blame having gone to the players rather than the manager is just one of those typical English manager gets sacked he must have been harshly treated things.

Villa have some good players and will probably improve if managed better. Not sure McDonald will have been able to get a team out of them by Monday though. Rome in a day and all that so Kane is still a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Padgehunting

Vardy ,martial up front

Erikson, de bruyne, mahrez, Sanchez , payet Midfield

Bellerin, sagna, alderweireld Backs

Cech I goal

De bruyne captain Any one any advice on tis team or do u recon could do wit changes ??????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

De Bruyne(NOR)
    Vote made.
    Bony.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

De Bruyne(NOR)
    Vardy ,martial up front

Erikson, de bruyne, mahrez, Sanchez , payet Midfield

Bellerin, sagna, alderweireld Backs

Cech I goal

De bruyne captain Any one any advice on tis team or do u recon could do wit changes ??????????????????????????????????????

Apart from lack of Saints players its quite strong. Who are your subs?

Do you have any FTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

De Bruyne(NOR)
    Bony me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is Sterling at all doubtful? Would it be madness to consider him over KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Kolarov(NOR)
    Morzadec wrote: »

LUEB. :pac:

He could get a HT or do nothing. For me he's as unreliable as Pelle and Lukaku but maybe a slight cut above them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Morzadec wrote: »

Have been considering him. Word is he's fit. No silva and will imo probably play through the middle off Bony if not out and out up front in a 442. KdB will be trying to supply his pace.

Went with KdB in the end and hour ago.

Yet here i am looking at my team again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Other
    I've got De Bruyne, Sanchez, Vardy, Peile and I spent too long thinking about it this morning and ended up transferring out Diego Costa and bringing in Lukaku and putting the armband on him.

My gut was just screaming at me to do it. I just have a really strong feeling that Lukaku is going to have a big day.

Still it's a bad idea to be thinking about this stuff coming up to the deadline, I've made mistakes at this time of the day before.

• Advertisement

Kolarov(NOR)
    11:46 and I already regret not captaining Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    11:46 and I already regret not captaining Sanchez

Was very tempted, he got VC in the end. Injuries at Arsenal make him even more pivotal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Kolarov(NOR)
    Went with the popular KDB. Bony VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Kolarov(NOR)
    Had Mahrez as captain up until the last second, considered Ighalo, changed to KDB. :(

pelle its all on you brother

km79 wrote: »

need to heed this advice
    peed off with kolarov one as he was purely a blocked and I'll be annoyed if VVD comes up trumps tomorrow
    stuck with pelle captain though so hopefully he gets a goal or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I went with Pelle too.

At this moment I have 15 from Mahrez, 12 from Lukaku and 10 from Ozil.

Unless he scores 2 goals, that's another bad captain choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KDB is shaping up to be the worst of the realistic captains this week (barring a Kane blank).

Kolarov(NOR)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    KDB is shaping up to be the worst of the realistic captains this week (barring a Kane blank).

Bony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kane(AVL)
    CSF wrote:
    Bony

And Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

spock. wrote: »
    And Sanchez

I had him as a captain for the last couple of weeks with Vardy as VC.

I didn't expect neither of them to score (Vardy proved me wrong), so I was between Pelle and Lukaku, thinking that both Sunderland and Bournemouth leak at the back.
    If the Saints keep the clean sheet I am looking for something like 75-80 points- quite happy with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement