Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suede - 10th Feb- Olympia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

uphillonly wrote: »
    I vaguely remember the screens on Sound & Vision, I think they were either side of the stage, so something you occasionally glanced at (I saw it at the now demolished London Docklands Arena).

For the sound and vision tour, there was a large silk/gauze type screen covering the entire front of the stage at times, it projected videos of Bowie and a dancer whilst the he and the band played away behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

uphillonly wrote: »
    My only old man gripe. You'd think during such a great gig & emotionally involving first set, people could stop tweeting, whatsapping, Facebooking checking how West Brom are doing in the FA cup etc. Enjoy & experience the moment. That's why we go to gigs.

That's not an old man gripe, it's a bloody fair comment to make that if I've spent 60 or so quid on a ticket and maybe 20 quid on booze that I want to hear the flucking music and singer so please shut your collective pie holes you bunch of twittering tweeting narcissistic bellends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ya, there were a couple of instances where chatting was getting out of hand, causing tensions and square-ups. Bit of hand-bags stuff.
    Yeah I was right beside one of those flare ups. It was half way through the Night Thoughts set and a tall guy with an impressive afro just spun around to a trio of drunken lads and screamed 'Will you ever just shut the **** up'. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Great show loved the first half think it was imaginative and interesting and the video was dark and somewhat surreal which was cool, like to see it again sometime. The second half flew by with the band belting out some of their best. Only gripe would be the second half seemed short, 45-50 mins?.

Anyways great shot, thanks to Scruff Monkey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah I was right beside one of those flare ups. It was half way through the Night Thoughts set and a tall guy with an impressive afro just spun around to a trio of drunken lads and screamed 'Will you ever just shut the **** up'. They didn't.

Ya, that's the one. Thought it was Marouane Fellaini that had lost the head. They were still at it during the half time break. Little fellow said "I'll talk if I want to talk". Dirty auld smirk on him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anyway, great gig. Loved the Everything will Flow moment.
    Just seen that somebody stuck it up on YouTube. Really was a gig highlight.

https://youtu.be/tKnQGayyUpM

Advertisement